↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Any Recent Twisted Customers?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RDR

United Kingdom 
Any Recent Twisted Customers?
We are still waiting for the New defender but spent last Friday at Twisted discussing what they could potentially offer.

They have what could be a suitable doner 110 Station Wagon on a 64 plate and are working up a high level quote. Was really impressed by their setup and the customer service was excellent ( we had all the kids and dogs there too!). From what I saw the quality and detail looked great.

Are there any recent customers who could give any honest feedback? 110 MY23.5 X Dynamic HSE
RR MY23 HSE PHEV
D5 MY19 HSE - Now Sold
D4 MY16 HSE Luxury - Now Sold
D4 MY12 HSE - Gone
D3 MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten
Post #760802 26th Feb 2019 6:28am
Likeomg

2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
been hit and miss with them,

had a lot of trim done with them, sun visors took about 9 months to complete,

Recaro's where trimmed in the wrong colour and then proceeded to tell me it was due to the other car spending lots of time out in the sun...

(I then found pics of the said car in build and when arguing my point got fobbed off basically... I stood there and pointed this is the colour I wanted in the beginning.)

sometimes excellent sometimes Shocked

quality of work is excellent tho.
Post #760803 26th Feb 2019 6:46am
RDR

United Kingdom 
Thanks for that, if we go down such a route its going to be important to have an exact statement of works drawn up as the list will likely be long and my OCD will be in danger of kicking in if things are not as agreed. 9 months turnaround is slightly concerning.

What we saw looked excellent quality, the demonstrators felt solid and well put together which was slightly surreal being a defender Laughing 110 MY23.5 X Dynamic HSE
RR MY23 HSE PHEV
D5 MY19 HSE - Now Sold
D4 MY12 HSE - Gone
Post #760881 26th Feb 2019 8:25pm
boxoftricks

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Zermatt Silver
Have an agreed statement of works, parts list with coatings and timelines. If they go over you get a hefty discount. Also ask for a weekly update. Either call or photos emailed to monitor progress.
Post #760903 26th Feb 2019 9:32pm
ARC99

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Cairns Blue
Went to them on recommendation for a reduced thickness steering boss for a 2008 110. They had someone out straightaway to confirm the number of splines while SHMBO and myself were given a tour . Four years later and I'm still waiting for the part which they said would be ready in four weeks and 10 weekly phone calls to chase up. Don't make old people mad.
We don't like being old in the first place,
so it doesn't take much to Censored us off.

Richard
Post #761015 27th Feb 2019 4:09pm
discomog

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
The above reports don't exactly give glowing reports. I spoke to them three years ago asking for a quotation for work - still waiting Whistle Whistle Defender 90XS SW
Mini Countryman Cooper S
Morgan Plus 8
Post #761033 27th Feb 2019 5:34pm
WindyJ

Previous owner had sports seats trimmed in custom colours. Came, after a long wait, done in wrong stitching colour though he still kept the seats and swapped original back in for the sale to me so he can’t have been that dissatisfied. Apparently they offered an exchange with a 6-9 month wait so he put up with the wrong colour and settled on free postage or something nominal on a set of wheels. He didn’t say nice things about them.
Post #761036 27th Feb 2019 5:47pm
RDR

United Kingdom 
Thanks guys, a definite pattern so far as to actually getting what was spec'd then or not as the case may be Confused 110 MY23.5 X Dynamic HSE
RR MY23 HSE PHEV
D5 MY19 HSE - Now Sold
D4 MY12 HSE - Gone
Post #761069 27th Feb 2019 8:08pm
Likeomg

RDR,

mine was confirmed in multiple emails and it still turned up wrong, even when they sent the (carcass?) before its put onto the Recaro's I raised my concern the colour was wrong...

I am thinking about having them undercoat the defender but don't know if ill bother, have a galv chassis already sat in the barn Whistle
Post #761108 27th Feb 2019 9:32pm
JOW240725

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Firstly, I have no personal experience so only pass on what I've read on here and other social media platforms. I think people are far more willing to pass on negative comments than positive ones..

Whilst I agree the above it not glowing, you do also hear lots of good reviews of Twisted. Might be worth speaking to Steve1234, who has again had both good and bad comments of them...

Steve1234 wrote:
I can safely say that the fit and finish of the Twisted Heritage is MILES ahead of the Works V8. The engineering side of it looks pretty good though. It looks like I'll need to spend a bit more money to finish of Land Rover's project! Banging Head
 James
MY2012 110 2.2TDCi XS SW Orkney Grey - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic43410.html
MY1990 110 200TDi SW beautifully faded Portofino Red - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post743641.html#743641
MY1984 90 V8 Slate Grey - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post744557.html#744557
Instagram @suffolk_rovers
Post #761180 28th Feb 2019 1:51pm
RDR

United Kingdom 
Thanks

Yes, I'm trying to get a balanced view and wary of the internets lean towards negatives. The quality really did look excellent when we visited and was very impressed with the service whilst we were there it was a professional well organised place.

The cars did to me look and feel special you could see the attention to detail when I shut the door on one and it thunked closed I thought "ooh that's different" Laughing Mrs RDR was really taken with them and immediately started reeling off requirements which was a big surprise! 110 MY23.5 X Dynamic HSE
RR MY23 HSE PHEV
D5 MY19 HSE - Now Sold
D4 MY12 HSE - Gone
Post #761184 28th Feb 2019 2:02pm
Co1

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Loire Blue
Just sent you a PM.
Post #761185 28th Feb 2019 2:10pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
RDR wrote:
I shut the door on one and it thunked closed I thought "ooh that's different" Laughing!

A coating of sound deadening will sort that, you should hear my Series doors close Thumbs Up

I get that Twisted are at the forefront of 'Trev'd' up Defenders, though if you have a donor vehicle, it may be worth giving IRB a visit.
Post #761190 28th Feb 2019 2:20pm
Likeomg

RDR wrote:
Thanks

Yes, I'm trying to get a balanced view and wary of the internets lean towards negatives. The quality really did look excellent when we visited and was very impressed with the service whilst we were there it was a professional well organised place.

The cars did to me look and feel special you could see the attention to detail when I shut the door on one and it thunked closed I thought "ooh that's different" Laughing Mrs RDR was really taken with them and immediately started reeling off requirements which was a big surprise!

yeah, I asked them to align and bond my new door seals when I had the headlining installed....

Never happened Rolling Eyes
Post #761235 28th Feb 2019 6:56pm
WindyJ

RDR wrote:
Thanks

The cars did to me look and feel special you could see the attention to detail when I shut the door on one and it thunked closed I thought "ooh that's different" Laughing Mrs RDR was really taken with them and immediately started reeling off requirements which was a big surprise!

Just to be clear, the quality of the seats I was speaking of was excellent....the previous owner even took them with him, didn’t sell them with the car. I did try to convince him othewise but in the end accepted the standard LR ones and retrimmed them myself. It was just a mistake was made in the colour of the stitching, came white instead of some other colour and the compensation offered in lieu of replacements was deemed a bit underwhelming.
Post #761330 1st Mar 2019 10:46am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1