↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Not entirely sure how to title this...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
/\ you don't need to worry too much about culture we don't have one. it's covered by the term multicultural so anything goes.

oh. unless of course you're referring to a card board model of a tower block.

I presume also all these WW1 and WW2 films and Flight 93 (about the twin towers) have all been banned too?

It's a funny old country this.

...before you know it they'll be banning vigilante groups going round beheading pedo's Very Happy
Post #739206 7th Nov 2018 3:05pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
The blokes were nicked and I hope they will be prosecuted according to the law.
Obviously a few of the usual suspects think that is OTT but I would argue they have a case to answer. Then again I knew 2 people who died in the fire so I'm probably more sensitive than most.
However I am far more interested in the inquest and getting justice for Grenfell than a few divs playing Blue Peter on YouTube.
Post #739212 7th Nov 2018 3:51pm
Fat Cog

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
I actually feel sorry for the Old Bill (& taxpayer), I'm sure they would rather be catching villains & trying to prevent knife crime as opposed to dealing with empathy lacking trash.

Since the dawn of the social media age the criminal justice system has been hijacked by not very bright people doing equally similar things on various platforms; I was chatting to a friends daughter who is a WPC (am I allowed to say that now) & she was saying that her job is mostly dealing with crap on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp (the list goes on) & unfortunately liberal MP's have made laws that the Police would be held up for ignoring.

My view, for what its worth, is that these deplorable people should be invited to attend a restorative meeting with Grenfell survivors & listen to how their behaviour has affected them, thus relieving the good old British Bobbie to get on with collaring a few criminals. Since 1973...S1, Air Portable's, Defender's, but only my Wolf TUL HS GS remains
Post #739214 7th Nov 2018 4:09pm
Caterham

Big Cry

since time began people have been calling people names and upsetting others. agreed it's not great but lets all grow up and worry about important things, this in the grand scheme of things is (in my eyes) pretty trivial.

granted the fire wasn't trivial and nor was the twin towers along with countless other things. how many of you had toy solders and action men as kids. did your grand parents call old bill and complain that you were glorifying the war.

this has had a whole heap more air time than the 150 bikers in Manchester tearing up the streets the other night. they were actual danger to society, breaking I don't know how many laws but hey in the modern world that's quite acceptable as is being knifed to death by the Somalian population....but do you so much as mention bar bar 'odd one out sheep' because you'd be up for being racist.

what has it all come to?
Post #739217 7th Nov 2018 4:29pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Lateralus wrote:
Can these guys be prosecuted in the UK? In America this would be considered bad taste and inflammatory but perfectly legal.

Also I had heard that some people made a theatrical play about the murder of Katie Hopkins. I am assuming this would be illegal? I admit to being ill informed on UK law and cultural matters.

It is likely that they have committed some kind of "public order" offence and it is distinctly possible that they could be prosecuted. Whether they will be prosecuted is likely to be down tot he appetite of the Crown Prosecution Service and the influence of public opinion. The CPS has a reputation for failing to prosecute unless absolutely necessary, and in the normal course of events it is highly unlikely that they would, however the public reaction (and OTT media reaction) may influence their decision.

On a more practical not, I think it is now highly likely that someone will now set fire to the home or homes of these morons, or carry out some other kind of vigilante attack. It will very likely happen that the tax payer will end up paying for their protection.
Post #739227 7th Nov 2018 5:58pm
Slideywindows

England 
Let us showboat our "horror" and not ask deep questions about why some people feel the way they do about what is happening in their country and why they feel so alienated.

What they have done is utterly tasteless, cruel even, to those personally affected - but in a free society it should not be a crime.

Nor should the British Police be used like the East German "Stasi".

In my paper there is a picture of two burly coppers going through the rubbish bin of one of the model burners.

I don't recall identical action being taken against the "hate criminal" morons of the Left who have mounted a continuous campaign of hate on social media against the Jews.

Are the "Islington Stalinists" (and the usual suspect) really quite as angry about this as they are about the current issue?

Forget the froth.

There are deeper issues at play here.
Post #739330 8th Nov 2018 11:28am
OsloBlue

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Oslo Blue
I’ve never heard of an Islington Stalinist, but I immediately know who they are, I'm on IG: https://www.instagram.com/osloblue42/
Current: TD5 '110 "Lucinda" Thread here: https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic62562.html
Post #739342 8th Nov 2018 2:08pm
Caterham

you think /\ this is crazy. how about this;

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/police-officers-...00244.html

on the plus side I think I now have a good excuse that'll get me off should I find myself on the wrong side of the law as I also had a troubled up bring. I still remember vividly have a nightmare about darliks..... exterminate, exterminate. Shocked

lets see what turns out to be the most offensive - water or a zombie knife.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-46369501
Post #742739 28th Nov 2018 11:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12