↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Proctas Defender 300TDI
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 44 of 54 <123 ... 434445 ... 525354>
Print this entire topic · 
Procta

United Kingdom 
Retroanaconda, this garage is a well known 4x4 special list, he looks after my dads 200 TDI, But yeah you can say that, and its very true. Only reason I let them sort this out, was we thought that my dads MOT was due, but it turns out its expires in oct. Rolling Eyes I ran the MOT check on my dads to find that out, But I think with the bearing side of things, was best to let them check that out, for safety sake. I even let my old MOT tester change that on the 306, due to safety. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #723132 12th Aug 2018 8:46pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
shayes wrote:
Procta,

Only time will tell if you have found a 'good' garage. If they resolve the issues you have highlighted then those jobs will then be done. No one likes spending out unnecessarily but completed jobs are all 'tick off' items. Wish list and other items you covert have to go on the back burner. Safety first in my book.
I must have found a good one with Grover. He had lived a hard life in the Dales prior to coming down to Devon. He's not good looking but all the oily bits were in good order and had been maintained- thankfully! before I took him on.
Good garages- one's you have faith in, are hard to find but once found that relationship need to be cultivated. I find cream cakes and a good sense of humor have helped me. Bodywork I can have a go at but oily bits cause my eyes cloud over.
Carry on the good work.
Cheers, Simon Thumbs Up

Over the years I built up a relationship with my old garage, sadly they stopped doing MOTs to focus on Car body repair as it is a coach works. Mine has had some love mind in a few areas, but not as much as it should have. My dads was the same really. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #723146 12th Aug 2018 9:25pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Well she is back, the timing belt looks recent going by the teeth, but best to be safe and sorry.
Got to be the most expensive MOT I have had though, nearly 900 quid! The MOT failure fixes came in at 500 plus a lone!
The belt with me supplying was 300 plus.
Very, very expensive and that was with the garage looking after me.
But at least its sorted now and drives worlds a part from the day I bought her.
With them sorting the ARM out for the steering, I got them to fit my terrafirma rods too. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #723462 14th Aug 2018 4:56pm
grafty99

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Caledonian Blue
Expensive but good news Thumbs Up 2002 90 Td5 Station Wagon
1990 Vogue SE
Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200
Td5 90 Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic50767.html
Tdi 110 Thread https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic69562.html
RRC Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic54492.html
Instagram http://www.instagram.com/george_grafton
Post #723471 14th Aug 2018 6:19pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
yeah its been costly, but at least I have a decent piece of mind now with the belt. Also the steering side of things is worlds a part than it was at the beginning of the year.
Been one costly year again for this, £500 plus again I have lost, so I need to get that back again, that sees the 306s wheels put on hold. Rolling Eyes Just going to save for the oil change now, and do that my self again. But we are looking at a new rad for this as its practically dead! Sad Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #723496 14th Aug 2018 8:46pm
Profyaffle

United Kingdom 
Awww.. pricey indeed!! But at least it's back in your hands and all sorted... maybe ditch the 306 and keep the Landy?

KIDDING Laughing 1993 200Tdi Defender 90
Post #723513 15th Aug 2018 12:30am
Procta

United Kingdom 
Yeah very pricy indeed! No way and hell will I get rid of the 306! Shocked shame on you for joking about that Razz Laughing
on a serious note though, its great to have it back on a proper base, as its been looked over by a land rover dealer.
The rad is the next major thing on the list as that is on its last legs. So a intercooler maybe up for grabs for those wanting a spare 300 TDI intercooler. but thats next month that Smile The ice though i may just switch the changer over to the 306, ( as that had the same system in) so it would be a case of moving radios. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #723517 15th Aug 2018 12:50am
Profyaffle

United Kingdom 
So if you swapped the ICE over what will you have in the landy? I've found mine has improved massively with the Subwoofer. I've gone from nothing to a pretty decent sounding (for a noisy 200tdi) bit of kit.. not too much cash really..
Will you just get a standard rad and intercooler or go for an upgrade?
I'm in the process of moving and I have noticed that the house across the road from where I will be living has 2 Land rovers!! I'm hoping it's a friendly owner....... 1993 200Tdi Defender 90
Post #723518 15th Aug 2018 1:07am
shayes

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Coniston Green
Great news the Landy is back with you. Go and enjoy it again now. Expensive but worth it.
Simon Thumbs Up
Post #723539 15th Aug 2018 7:18am
Procta

United Kingdom 
Profyaffle wrote:
So if you swapped the ICE over what will you have in the landy? I've found mine has improved massively with the Subwoofer. I've gone from nothing to a pretty decent sounding (for a noisy 200tdi) bit of kit.. not too much cash really..
Will you just get a standard rad and intercooler or go for an upgrade?
I'm in the process of moving and I have noticed that the house across the road from where I will be living has 2 Land rovers!! I'm hoping it's a friendly owner.......

I am just going to put the radio from the 306 into the landy and the Changer into the Peugeot, As I still have the wiring in place. Smile

I am just going to keep things stock, id have gone for the intercooler upgrade but there isnt anywhere to tune these sadly Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #723571 15th Aug 2018 12:52pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
shayes wrote:
Great news the Landy is back with you. Go and enjoy it again now. Expensive but worth it.
Simon Thumbs Up

Yeah, its nice to be back behind the wheel again, been off the road for a month sadly, that was due to the fuel leak. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #723575 15th Aug 2018 1:09pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Took her for a good drive, to see how things were with the new tyres etc. Steering is a lot better and the ride is much, much better now. My mate came over today before work to see what the crack is with the rear anti roll bar brackets. Just got to buy the extra droplinks and we can go from there. Then that's another upgrade signed off Smile
The rad is going to be the next big one like, before the weather breaks. Tomorrow i will have a bit of a clear out of odds and sods, and give it a hoover. Smile I may look at fitting the rear speaker pods in if i can. Wiring though will be another task. Smile Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #723914 16th Aug 2018 11:21pm
Kit

United Kingdom 1993 Defender 90 200 Tdi SW Scotia Grey
Sounds like you're doing it properly, so many 200/300 tdi end up getting neglected by people who don't want to maintain them 1993 200 Tdi 90 CSW
1956 Series 1 Hard-top
1958 Series 1 Soft-top
Post #723915 16th Aug 2018 11:33pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
I think I may have sorted the last of the bodges and "repairs" Smile So it will be great to move further forwards now.
I don't know why people do that kit, they are not exactly hard motors to look after really. The thing that bites me more with this, Is that things have not been done properly. Its took me nearly 2 years to get the wheels on it! Which was last years plan. Again people taking the Censored Rolling Eyes Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #723918 16th Aug 2018 11:41pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Well today I have been working on the ICE upgrade, Still got more work to do there, but I am close to where I need to be at the moment Thumbs Up
I will have more photos up once i have everything where it needs to be, I have decided to switch the changer to the 306. See that thread on that. Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #724724 21st Aug 2018 10:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 44 of 54 <123 ... 434445 ... 525354>