↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Greater Manchester moors wild fire.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
mick

England 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Rimini Red
That’s brilliant B L Thumbs Up it’s the same in my job there are a few girl farriers but they are just not up to it.
Post #716582 7th Jul 2018 1:16pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
BLACK LAB wrote:
mick wrote:
BLACK LAB wrote:
Slideywindows wrote:
On a controversial note, I noticed on the TV coverage that all the people dragging heavy hoses and fighting the fires in the sweltering heat were firemen.

Not firefighters.

No doubt the lady firefighters were doing the same on another part of the moor.....

Good luck to those at the "front".

I served in Strathclyde Fire Brigade for 8 years . ( Grandfather 36 years , Father 30 years ) The Fire Brigades up and down the country are forced to take on more women nowadays . Positive discrimination I think its called . Put very simply - Women cannot do the job as well as a man can .Men do have to work that bit harder to cover for the women in their crews . Large grass fires are usually a prime example that will flag up how weak a woman can get after only a short while of beating grass or heather out . Their upper body strength cannot compare to even a below average man's . If a man says anything in even the slightest hint towards a woman not pulling her weight on a job like a large grass fire then you better believe that he will face the full wrath of his employers as they strive to wrap the women in a protective bubble . Every man in the Brigades now whether they will admit it or not are scared to say anything infront of a woman incase it is taken the wrong way and they get reported . While women make brilliant nurses , fine paramedics and in some instances good police women the Fire Brigade is a better service to the public's safety if it is performed by a man . No question about it . Nowadays the quality is diluted with too many women .

As for that moorland fire down in England ...........We get them every year up in Scotland a great bigger than that and just get on with it . It is the same every time something happens in England like when they get 1cm of snow in London its headline news . Rolling Eyes

Good luck with putting it out though when its over the officer in charge of the incident should be facing serious questions in why he did not call in helicopter assistance alot earlier Whistle

I agree Thumbs Up the Navy did a experiment a few years back when women wanted to join and they proved a fit 9 stone woman wasn’t as strong as the equivalent weight man
On the fire note it’s rumered to have been arson as it belongs to a shoot.

I agree with fairness and equality but trying to put everyone inside the same box or category is wrong . Women and men are different - everyone knows that but quite often nowadays men are acting more like women and women are trying to act more like men . Some jobs out there are better served with a man - pure and simple just the same as women are far better than some jobs then men . Trying to make women into firemen , navymen and soldiers etc is a bit like trying to make a Collie into champion gun dog or a labrador into a prize sheep dog - Just cos its a dog ? Its just doesnt work ......I heard that stupid woman who is meant to be incharge of London Fire Brigade calling for the kids TV show Fireman Sam to be renamed Fire Fighter Sam .......Whit a load of crap she talks and I bet that she has never hardly been in a proper house fire in BA either .

With respect "that stupid woman" has more than earned her stripes with everything from house fires to the Clapham Junction rail crash.

Now she is in charge of 6000 employees, 100 odd stations, a £400 million annual budget and had to deal with terror attacks and tragedies like Grenfell whilst balancing huge government cuts.

According to knowledgeable folks in the fire service she's doing an excellent job for both public and staff so who gives a monkey's what she thinks about childrens TV characters.

Edited to add.
Whilst it is true some services have relaxed rules so that women can join this has also allowed men who previously wouldn't have made the cut also join. So by your reasoning it can't just be women who aren't up to the job. Personally i don't see a problem with this. Some jobs require grunts to do the heavy lifting but other tasks can be completed with a decent level of fitness, equipment, skill and brains. Whatever the profession it takes teamwork to get stuff done properly. Think of a rugby team. You need your big props but they are only a cog in the machine. A whole team of props wouldn't win any games.
Post #716595 7th Jul 2018 4:21pm
BLACK LAB

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Tonga Green
I would bet my last scottish pound that the woman you talk about has either never been in a proper house fire or if she has she would only have been the number 2 in a BA team ( passing the hose to the man in front ) . She will have attended some major incidents - no doubt about that but her main role during her fire brigade years when rising easier up through the ranks than male counterparts would have been jobs like radio messages or a wee bit of tidying up after the real work was done .
As far as the Fire Brigades go it is usually women who arent up to the job .
They cannot compete physically with a man or mentally with him when under extreme stress.
If the relaxed rules have allowed inferior men to join who would not have passed before then this is clearly another failing .

It has nothing to do with rugby and that shows how much you do not have a clue what you are talking about or maybe you would like to see women becoming part of male rugby teams ? Theres a good idea for you .....Why not just let women into male dominated sports and rugby and football teams - would your current bunch of players have got to the semi finals of the world cup with women in the team against the Swedish men last night ? . Why should women not be allowed to play for mens football teams ? Come on thats not really fair that they cant join in and play along with the men ???? Rolling Eyes

I'm quite sure if a new ruling was passed by our appeasing politicians that from next year all rugby teams and football teams in UK MUST have a certain percentage of women playing for them then you would not be happy .

Maybe there should also be women formula 1 racing drivers racing against the men in a few years ? Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Although they maybe excel at other jobs in life of that there is no question but Women bring no extra hidden mystical qualities at all to a job like the fire brigade - They only drag it down and dilute the quality that there was before .

The fact that a woman is in charge of the London Fire Brigade is the exact same reason you have the current Mayor in charge . Simple appeasement to the politically/ gender/racially correct masses .

I'm quite sure she was on duty yesterday with her pal the mayor to watch the other load of nonsense " Pride" parade pass by . Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Nothing much great about Great Britain now. 2006 DEFENDER 90 TD5 CSW XS
2018 RANGE ROVER SPORT HSE DYNAMIC

Last edited by BLACK LAB on 8th Jul 2018 9:05am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #716655 8th Jul 2018 6:24am
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
The main issue I see is that traditionally some jobs were done by big lumps. Now women and smaller framed blokes are proving just as useful some of the more insecure men are suffering from damaged machismo and bruised egos.

I would bet my last English pound that woman has successfully dealt with much bigger stresses in the fire brigade than yourself. I don't mean that to be disrespectful to you as 8 years keeping everyone safe is commendable and I have the utmost respect for our emergency services but she has served decades and risen to the very top. She is ultimately responsible for the entire London Fire Brigade and the safety of our capital.

Regarding the rugby team metaphor, that clearly went way over your head so there is no point responding.

The Mayor was voted in by the public. Not a forced politically correct appointment.

As for Pride "nonsense" I would have thought that as a burly ex fireman that would be right up your alley. ..

Last edited by Zed on 8th Jul 2018 8:42am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #716664 8th Jul 2018 8:39am
alwoodley72

England 2008 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Alaska White
How many prejudices can you fit into a post Coloured Lab?!?…
Perhaps you should move to Russia, they’ve ‘got the right ideas ‘ there, they wouldn’t let any of this nonsense happen, people know their place etc etc
We are a country that allows people their say, to have a go. We won’t always get it right, but you can always go back to the status quo, it would be very sad if our ideas changed..
Just saying

Cheers. Alex 98 300 tdi 90 project
94 Range Rover vogue 4.2 lse
79 911 sc
08 130 double cab utility
Post #716665 8th Jul 2018 8:41am
BLACK LAB

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Tonga Green
Zed wrote:
The main issue I see is that traditionally some jobs were done by big lumps. Now women and smaller framed blokes are proving just as useful some of the more insecure men are suffering from damaged machismo and bruised egos.

I would bet my last English pound that woman has successfully dealt with much bigger stresses in the fire brigade than yourself. I don't mean that to be disrespectful to you as 8 years keeping everyone safe is commendable and I have the utmost respect for our emergency services but she has served decades and risen to the very top. She is ultimately responsible for the entire London Fire Brigade and the safety of our capital.

Regarding the rugby team metaphor, that clearly went way over your head so there is no point responding.

The Mayor was voted in by the public. Not a forced politically correct appointment.

As for Pride "nonsense" I would have thought that as a burly ex fireman that would be right up your alley. ..

Nothing at all to do with any bruised machismo egos . The simple fact remains that in the particular job such as the fire brigade those big lumps you talk about are far better at it than even the brightest sharpest intelligent women out there- the job is not particularly hard to do and much of the time boils down to brute strength and physical endurance - paid from the neck down if you wish . Smaller framed blokes often manage the job for sure as they can be incredibly strong physically but women quite simply are not - no matter how much you may want them to be just to satisfy your need to balance fairness and equality in your search for a hermaphrodite world .

She on the other hand has risen to the very top due to blatant discrimination against her male counterparts - she will have had a relatively easy rise to stardom through various promotions where she will no doubt have came up against better qualified and more capable males but she will have beat them not on merit but purely because she has a vagina.

She is an appointed figure head merely propped up by men who actually know what they are doing - she is a puppet to appease the Diane Abbots and Jeremy Corbyn's out there .

As for your Mayor ? No wonder he was voted in ? London is overrun now and you cannot ever get it back to the way most of you on here would love it to be no matter how much you pretend to be accommodating to others .

In answer to the chap who mentioned Russia - I'm just back from my holidays there again - salmon fishing- very nice again . England sure does have a problem with making out Russia as the bad guy all the time - maybe you need to look at yourselves first ?

On another note I find it rather amusing that the same English football fans who so often over the years routinely call for people of other countries and other origins to " Go Home " will be now cheering on a team that is full of men who originate from other countries . Rolling with laughter 2006 DEFENDER 90 TD5 CSW XS
2018 RANGE ROVER SPORT HSE DYNAMIC
Post #716674 8th Jul 2018 9:28am
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
I think that is quite enough of that kind of talk which is utterly unacceptable here.  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #716748 8th Jul 2018 5:55pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12