↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > Warranty issues for side window replacement units
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
RustyM

England 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Corris Grey
Has anyone had experience of a "repaired" defender dashboard??

Mine has been damaged by the dealers and I have asked for it to be replaced as they damaged it but I have been "told" it will be repaired Exclamation

I am far from happy now!!!!

Ones I have seen "repaired" look bloody awful!! I had an immaculate dash when it went in I feel I should get the same back not a mess!!!

I am just so angry that the JLR dealer is like this I have had the worst experience in my life, if it was not for the fact it is a Defender I would have told them to keep it! 90 & Wolf
110 XS
Previously owned SI SII SIIa SIII & Light weight (air portable)
Post #434790 30th Jun 2015 10:42am
RustyM

Thank you Ryan!

I hope you can help me bring this to an end soon........

Kind regards

M 90 & Wolf
110 XS
Post #434798 30th Jun 2015 11:16am
RustyM

I went to collect my 110 yesterday... The 4th time it was "ready" for collection. Yes you guessed it was far from ready.. I also took it out on a test drive for the tech and found even what I had been informed was fixed was not, along with a lot of other issues they have now caused.

This is with Ryan's interventions and all I can say is my opinion of the service department at this dealers is.... It does not give two hoots about anyone's car! Or even that a JLR representative has contacted them about a car!

The lack of care and respect for owners and there vehicles is just.... Exclamation ...

The sad thing is this one service department is representing a known forum sponser and it is a bloody shame they are associated! I guess traveling 70 miles each way to a so called Land Rover dealer who has a large franchise market share is not the right thing to do. I am going to find one that anyone on her has used and recommends...

7th of February 2014 was the date I left my vehicle in their care. At the moment I wish I had taken it to my local Tractor dealership and paid to have it fixed by them. At least they treat everything that comes in like it was their own!!!!

I wonder what tomorrow brings Question But JLR representative contact does not seem to have made them care anymore. If anything I would say in my opinion it has made them care less! I have 0 faith in any work they have carried out, if anything I expect they have put 3in1 oil in my engine Rolling with laughter 90 & Wolf
110 XS
Post #435935 5th Jul 2015 4:56pm
Bryan N

England 
Rusty,

Name the dealer please!
Post #435989 5th Jul 2015 9:51pm
munch90

England 
what work was needed to your defender for it to be at the dealers since 7th feb
Post #436038 6th Jul 2015 8:16am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Whilst I can appreciate and perhaps sympathise with your rear glass issue that must have been sorted by now I cannot see how this relates to a damaged dash (which is cosmetic and wouldn't stop you driving it whilst the bunfighting over the repair/replacement was brokered). I too would like to know the full story if possible please and how it has been in at the dealers for 5 months? What have they given you in the interim?

Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #436054 6th Jul 2015 10:01am
RustyM

So I will try to summarise. This is not the full story or even the start of it........

Book my 110 in for an arduous service. All oils and filters front to back. And warranty work.
1, water ingress, alpine windows, rear cassetts and big rusty puddle in the front near side foot well Exclamation
2, loud metallic clonk from rear during gear and direction change.
3, clutch \ gearbox issues
4, off side seat lose
5, revs when under load sometimes return to around 1.2k even though the throttle has not moved.
6, turbo whistle, leak is there somewhere Exclamation

I requested if the rear cassettes were changed I would like factory tint glass to be used and I would pay.

So nothing out of the ordinary as far as I can see was requested Exclamation

4th time to collect my "ready" vehicle..... Not ready! Damaged more in one week since I last saw it, of all things the near side & off side rear doors and rear panel. Driver door now also damaged. Do they even care... Check rear load area window trim ... Left hanging off. Asked to test drive and well 2,3,5 & 6 not even fixed... I question if they even looked.... In addition steering wheel far from straight on a straight road now... So now the indicators don't terminate...... Dash still needs replacing as far from fixed the damage caused by what I can only describe as being dragged around the carpark. This is on top of everything else that has been Censored by them!

I have got to the point that I have had enough, they don't seem to even care that JLR have been asked to help me Exclamation if anyone takes their bicycle to them I feel sorry for them. I have no confidence in any of the work that has been done.

Is bonding tthe rear cassetts in a JLR recommended fix Question Note they were replaced... and I have clear glass now.....

So bloody good question as to why 5 months..... If anyone can answer I am all ears!

My request for work on my vehicle has created a lot of issues caused by the companies who have worked on my vehicle.... aka the service department. I do not want to list everything yet, but a summary of lack of knowledge, care and respect has caused numerous damage and parts incorrectly fitted or even hanging off Exclamation I am not fussy and I am not asking for the world....

When you take a vehicle for just a service you expect the dealer to know how to do that. Forget the damage and badly fitted parts. Lack of communications for weeks on end Exclamation All I want right now is my 110 back in the same condition I left it in their care on the 7th of February so I can take it to a recommended dealers to have it fixed!

As I have said I will post everything that has happened and what service department it is until I get my 110 back. I still hate that they have let the dealers down as the sales team are one of the best I have had pleasure dealing with, I would hate for my naming of the service department to impact on them as they do not deserve to be associated with them!

@ Ryan I have not had any contact from the area service manager! I have just got a voice message from the service department thought.... 90 & Wolf
110 XS
Post #436386 7th Jul 2015 7:25pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
RustyM wrote:
All I want right now is my 110 back in the same condition I left it in their care on the 7th of February so I can take it to a recommended dealers to have it fixed!

Your request seems to me to be fair and reasonable. It 'appears' from your experiences that time after time you have been let down and the service department concerned have obviously not been able to get their 'dick out of their sock' for five months. Going to Citizen's Advice and/or Trading Standards would perhaps be my next port of call? Alternatively having had every opportunity to sort your vehicle state your intent of taking it elsewhere and billing them for the repairs to the damage caused by them. (Check the legal standing of my last sentence but I do have a vague recollection of a similar case.) Sound out where you stand first.

Should you be prepared to reveal your County I am sure fellow forum members would be only too willing to share experiences and be able to recommend you a good alternative dealer perhaps?

Good Luck...... Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #436428 7th Jul 2015 10:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12