Home > Puma (Tdci) > Autologic Tune
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Thumbs Up
Post #34297 12th Jun 2010 11:28am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
bell-auto-services wrote:
One this is proven if the limiter is not off on some cars it can only be down to the car not making eniough steam as said by AL.Pete

Pete is must be said that on a Puma it is inconceivable and I cannot see how Al can make that assumption that a vehicle with an Autologic remap would be diagnosed as 'running out of steam at between 83 and 87mph' mine was good well over 90+ (on a taxiway off the public highway of course for all those killjoys that may have felt the urge to comment). It was still pulling like a train at over 90!

There was still more 'grunt' there but admittedly being in a flying breeze block at that speed is not very reassuring. Yes I bottled it! Laughing

Not heard owt back yet! If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #34328 13th Jun 2010 11:00am
K9F

Autologic Update.
Have just returned from a fortnights abscence from work to find some good news sat in my 'Inbox!' Autologic appear to have resolved the anomolies experienced with their remaps due to the incompatability with the Q068 upgrade. I have also received an invitation to have it reinstalled at their Oxford HQ so I can see what goes on. Here is the e-mail I received from their Engineering Manager:

"We have had three test cars with the same file on them for the last week and a half. One customer has said that he didn't think the power was up as much as he had hoped, whereas the other two have been very pleased. All cars had our previous pre-Q68 tune on them. We have been running them for an extended period of time, as obviously problems often do not appear straight ahead. The speed limiter has not been an issue on any of the cars. Therefore, I propose to "sign off" these files early next week."

Happy days hopefully....... Dog Thumbs Up Dog If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #35616 5th Jul 2010 10:32am
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Good news K9F at least you will get your tune back, i was told last week Tuesday is release day.

Pete
Post #35619 5th Jul 2010 11:36am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
K9F

Thanks Pete, as luck would have it, second service is being carried out tomorrow so I should, theoretically have a good few months trouble free motoring, fingers, legs eyes and everything else crossed that can be!
On a serious note with all the clutch issues and various other gripes being 'bandied about the barnyard' I am very fortunate to have a 'beastie' that generally behaves and has caused me very little grief over the 20 month ownership!

Dog Thumbs Up Dog If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #35634 5th Jul 2010 2:48pm
AJS4X4

United Kingdom 
My 2010 Puma was re-mapped this afternoon and all seems very good, it has lost a tad of grunt on the old Autologic map but very driveable.

Many thanks to Richard at RA Constable in Dorking, Surrey.

Andy.
Post #35648 5th Jul 2010 7:17pm
JMS

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Will be going in on Friday to get mine put back on. Thumbs Up

AJS4x4,
Where in the rev range have you noticed the drop?

Cheers,

JMS
Post #35658 5th Jul 2010 10:20pm
AJS4X4

United Kingdom 
I think that now it's not over fueling low down it's lost a little bit of grunt, but I now have a nice Puma to drive without the revs hanging on in gear changes, no smoke and the vibration has gone too.

Busy at work at present but should have time later in week to test more.

Overall very happy though, think Autologic are on top of things and Richard at R.A.Constable in FDorking have treated me as pro's Thumbs Up

Andy.
Post #35677 6th Jul 2010 9:57am
JMS

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Nice Andy.. Thumbs Up

I look forward to getting mine back on later this week.

Cheers,

Jay
Post #35678 6th Jul 2010 10:44am
K9F

I'm 'pootling off' to Autologic HQ tomorrow 'on invite' for a look see and get my remap refitted. Am looking forward to see what goes on there and after nearly 3-4 months without a map getting it back on and having an extended period of trouble-free motoring.
Just had my second service, wiper splines replaced due to excessive play, sidesteps replaced due to paint flaking/rust and something Loctited to prevent click each time reversed, brake vacuum pump also replaced. Running sweet as a nut at the moment no knocks, clicks, grinding, gear clunking, gear selector rattling, oil seepages or leaks or any other of the traits exibited by so many other forum member's vehicles. Maybe I'm just lucky to have such a splendid chariot!

Happy days! Dog Thumbs Up Dog If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #36063 12th Jul 2010 8:29pm
Robofarmer

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
[quote="K9F"]
bell-auto-services wrote:
One this is proven if the limiter is not off on some cars it can only be down to the car not making eniough steam as said by AL.Pete

Pete is must be said that on a Puma it is inconceivable and I cannot see how Al can make that assumption that a vehicle with an Autologic remap would be diagnosed as 'running out of steam at between 83 and 87mph' mine was good well over 90+ (on a taxiway off the public highway of course for all those killjoys that may have felt the urge to comment). It was still pulling like a train at over 90!

There was still more 'grunt' there but admittedly being in a flying breeze block at that speed is not very reassuring. Yes I bottled it! Laughing

Same here k9 only with pete,s new bas tune i,v just got my hands on .Alot of very smooth usable power !!!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge
. and still plenty more to go! :mrgreen:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2008 110 County utility
ex 1988 defender 90 ,td
ex 1970 series III
Post #36083 12th Jul 2010 11:24pm
K9F

Went to Autologic HQ today in Wheatley, Oxfordshire to get my remap refitted. On the original tune (at about 95mph) the vehicle used to suffer from 'slight overboosting' which felt very similar and had the characteristics of reaching the speed limiter. This has now been cured by shaving off a little of the top end capacity.
On the drive back to work (about 50 miles) I had the opportunity to try varied driving styles on the back lanes. In my opinion the power low down is still there but it is less evident due to the increased smoothness of the overall map. The map appears and feels 'more refined' and 'less brutal' and I am glad to be able to have it reinstalled once again after a four month absence.
As AJS 4X4 stated "Very driveable"....
Jay I think the drop may be 'personal perception' as Autologic assured me that the low down power has not been wound down but the top end has slightly! The overfuelling low down and the overboosting top end have been ironed out and what you're left with is a smoother but still quicker transition from lower to higher speed with the same previous torque and BHP gains. You'll have to 'suck it and see' yourself.

Happy days! Dog Thumbs Up Dog If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #36160 13th Jul 2010 6:17pm
AJS4X4

United Kingdom 
Had time this weekend to try to find out if it's good to go or not, well this is just how it should, very, very happy. Thumbs Up

It does what it should have done from the factory. Thumbs Up

Thanks to R A Constable of Dorking Surrey. Thumbs Up

Andy.
Post #37114 27th Jul 2010 7:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234