↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Autologic Tune
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
jlerra

Gibraltar 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Remap
Hope you have good fun off-roading in Centre parks!!!!!
Great banter, this Rolling with laughter
El pepe flamenco.
PS : Gibraltar is nothing to do with London, it so happens that soem of us have homes in two places. JLS
'El Pepe Flamenco'
Post #33702 4th Jun 2010 12:36pm
discocuzzy

England 
Do you by any chance wear DPM camo, rigger boots, a bush hut and a high vis jacket to offroad shows JLerra? You cannot teach stupid people to do clever things
Post #33711 4th Jun 2010 3:14pm
jlerra

remap
Disco - boy,
You got the description very wrong, I don't posess any gear at all in contast to some 4x4 owners who think they are in the military - these are people who give 4x4 a bad name.
You obviously don't like any banter or are sensitive to good fun.
I think I will stop this as some people think it's offensive - sad, but there you have it.

El pepe flamenco

PS Incidentally I do speak the English Language, but don't do the English tongue Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

End of thread from me. JLS
'El Pepe Flamenco'
Post #33714 4th Jun 2010 3:58pm
harveyg77

United Kingdom 
Re: remap
jlerra wrote:
I think I will stop this as some people think it's offensive - sad, but there you have it.

El pepe flamenco

PS Incidentally I do speak the English Language, but don't do the English tongue Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

End of thread from me.

I didn't find it offensive. I offered up the suggestion that maybe your English wasn't 100% which may cause people to misunderstand and think you were offended/offending them as opposed to joking with them.

I guess a dry-sense of humour is far easier to express verbally than in the written form Wink

anyway, sod it, I'm here for gaining knowledge, etc. From like minded individuals not to fall-out with folks, so feel free to ignore me - I won't be upset...

...honest!!! Big Cry
Post #33715 4th Jun 2010 4:18pm
ken

United Kingdom 
Isn't Gib full of monkeys or is it Apes Whistle

Anyhow poor old AJSs thread has gone way off topic
Post #33720 4th Jun 2010 5:24pm
fekete

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Bonatti Grey
Its me and K9 we hijack everyone's thread sorry Andy Whistle NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #33723 4th Jun 2010 5:40pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
jlerra wrote:
Disco - boy,
You got the description very wrong, I don't posess any gear at all in contast to some 4x4 owners who think they are in the military - these are people who give 4x4 a bad name. PS Incidentally I do speak the English Language, but don't do the English tongue Rolling with laughter

But I'm a 4x4 owner who IS in the military Rolling with laughter Am I excused from posessing such gear then?

'Soem' of us too have second homes but don't feel the need to advertise it! Just for information having spent 32 years in the military I have had the fortune of travelling extensively to many many wonderful places throughout the World, Fiji, Hawaii, Bermuda, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, Canada, USA, Mexico, Italy, Spain and two tours of four years each in Germany! Also went to Gibraltar and London too but less said about them the better! Now you know a little of my history you can perhaps understand how ludicrous your suggestion of spending money travelling far and wide over a remap was!

Never mind! I have a potential resolution from Pete at BAS and will be angling for my money back next week! Yes I will be buying another remap if successful! If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #33737 4th Jun 2010 8:00pm
jlerra

remap
I thought as much 'an action man' among us!
Well travelled but still a squady - Not quite the same, is it, Fekete!!
I am also well travelled, albeit not with the forces (thank goodness) but no need to publish.
Good banter don't take it personal - enjoy, I won't persist anymore Rolling with laughter
El pepe flamenco

PS: we are getting a lot of viewers!! JLS
'El Pepe Flamenco'
Post #33879 7th Jun 2010 5:35pm
K9F

Jlera,

All those clues and you're still way off the mark... There are times when I wish I was 'a squaddy' as I've occassionally fancied the idea of shooting someone in the face! But no! I am not nor ever have been a squaddy! I do however have great respect for them and have seen first hand the arduous conditions and the results of their actions they have to endure 'outside the wire! 'You on the other hand are as ever being presumptuous without being aware of the true facts! As my son would perhaps say 'Jog on!' I should perhaps seek out a decent cheese to accompany that incessant 'wine' (should be spelt whine I know) of yours!

Back on track I shall look forward to hopefully sorting out my remap problems this week one way or another! Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Last edited by K9F on 8th Jun 2010 9:41am. Edited 2 times in total
Post #33888 7th Jun 2010 9:52pm
K9F

K9F wrote:
AUTOLOGIC WHERE'S MY ANSWER?????
UPDATE!

Back to topic....Checked my e-mails this morning and have had a response, a BIG thank you for anyone in the know that may have had a hand in cajoling them into a reply....(Pete was it you?)......

Ear tiz....

Good morning

Thank you for email on the 24th May regarding your Defender Performance Tune.

First, let me apologise for the delay in responding. I knew where you had had your tune fitted and had been talking to your workshop directly.
There has been some confusion regarding who was talking to who and for that I apologise.

I've attached the Q68 bulletin from Land Rover.
We have had two issues reported back since we started using the latest files from Land Rover for tuning.

*1. The speed limiter was no longer removed* - This is obviously irritating for the end-user, but from my point of view I haven't seen a car first hand that has this problem. I have therefore been unable to determine whether the speed limiter is still in place or whether the tuned vehicle was just running out of steam.

*2. Misfiring at high load - *Again, this has been intermittently reported. I believe that the vehicles that have been misfiring are possibly overboosting or their mass airflow is going out of range. The airflow suggestion has been based on logged DTCs that we have seen on some of the vehicles, (it was certainly true of early TD5 engines).

Rather than winding the power down across the board, thereby curing the problem without identifying it, we have advised our customers that there could be problems and that we are currently investigating them. In the mean time, some vehicles will of course be fine, but others may not be.

Our current test strategy has several test files designed to find the cause of point 2. It is taking longer than I had hoped but I am sure we will have an adequate solution for you within a couple of weeks.

You are more than welcome to bring your vehicle here to our offices to be tuned, or return it to your workshop. I will of course keep you informed along the way.

Regards
Andrew Betteley

Engineering Manager
Autologic Diagnostics Ltd

I shall of course reply to the e-mail and keep anyone interested (JMS for one) in the loop! I shall leave it a couple more weeks to see if the resolution can be reached as mentioned.

Dog Thumbs Up Dog If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #33909 8th Jun 2010 8:21am
JMS

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
K9F,

Thanks for the update.

I am still playing catch-up with you.... Laughing
My LR ECU flash had not taken properly, this issue is now resolved and the drive is much better. We are going to replace the Fuel Pressure Sensor as there is still slight over run on the throttle (AJS4x4) Might want to check this out ??

I have had no further feedback from Autologic but did have a good chat with Pete (BAS)... Thanks for your time, help and advise Pete... Thumbs Up

Having had the Autologic on 2 previous cars and they worked very well it seems a shame they are having problems. That said, Pete does seem to have a well tested Alternative that is more user friendly. Once i got the Fuel Pressure Sensor changed i would like to get a tuned map back on ASAP. Having had the power and performance i really want it back.

Cheers,
JMS
Post #33928 8th Jun 2010 12:25pm
K9F

Update.
I replied to their e-mail but will not post it as it was for their perusal and not for the public domain (unless they wish it to be so), nevertheless they have replied with an e-mail received today from Autologic..

Content read....

"We are running two tests this afternoon and I will keep you informed."

As I will other interested parties. Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #34040 9th Jun 2010 2:56pm
JMS

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Thanks Mal,

I am in on Friday having the fuel rail and pressure sensor replaced then i should be fixed. Having had the LR latest ECU flash and confirmation this has been loaded correctly Whistle
I am still getting throttle over run but the general running is much improved! Friday should solve this issue i am told.

Glad your getting some positive feedback now Thumbs Up

Jay
Post #34086 9th Jun 2010 11:10pm
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
The theroy of power not making the speed limiter is plausable and we have also mae probabaly the same tests as AL are making.

Ive just sent another test file to a fourm member that will provide a guarentee of speed limiter location found insidet he tuned file. One this is proven if the limiter is not off on some cars it can only be down to the car not making eniough steam as said by AL.

Ive not had as far as im aware a misfire at high load so i cant investigate this one, however some cars that have had other tuneing done have contacted me about this problem after a LR update.

Pete
Post #34295 12th Jun 2010 10:56am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
willy eckerslike

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HCPU Keswick Green
No misfires on mine Pete and easily passes the speed limiter mark Thumbs Up Original Member Pie n Pea Club.
110 HCPU Tipper
Post #34296 12th Jun 2010 11:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>