↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Finally had enough
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
willy eckerslike

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HCPU Keswick Green
Agreed it's a warranty issue but you don't have to use that dealer you can use any, next time I would get a second opinion from a dealer thats been recommended by someone on here. Anyway glad it's sorted for now. Thumbs Up Original Member Pie n Pea Club.
110 HCPU Tipper
Post #26622 12th Mar 2010 5:07pm
fekete

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Bonatti Grey
Hi Tim, Glad you've got her back and its better.....sorry i could not help more with the dealer issue.....if it happens again just take it back and keep doing so till they sort it out for you as i said before it took me several times...Also every time i was on the way to the dealer with mine it would drive fine all the way there and make a liar out of me... Embarassed very frustrating NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #26623 12th Mar 2010 5:22pm
322tpe

fekete wrote:
Hi Tim, Glad you've got her back and its better.....sorry i could not help more with the dealer issue.....if it happens again just take it back and keep doing so till they sort it out for you as i said before it took me several times...Also every time i was on the way to the dealer with mine it would drive fine all the way there and make a liar out of me... Embarassed very frustrating

No worries on the dealer matey.LR technical would have been the ones to sanction the work so would have known full well what needs to be done without dragging others into it.Its just they choose not to and try and ignore the issues.

We must share the same vehicle.Mine behaved perfectly from the last time I complained right up until it was booked in.On the way there it was a pig right up until a mile from the dealer then it behaved perfectly and has done for all the test drives over the last week :oops:Fortunately the workshop manager realises that I don't really have a fetish for visiting their showroom every couple of months and beleives theres now something wrong.I just wish LRUK would sort it out
Post #26644 12th Mar 2010 7:01pm
willy eckerslike

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HCPU Keswick Green
LR technical, did they come and check the vehicle Question Or are they just going on what the dealers saying to them

What if the dealers saying " Well we can't find anything wrong and the customers complaining about a noisy gear change but everytime he brings it in it's perfect"

Or What if they said " Yes it's a real bad gear change awkward to get in and really noisy" i.e. believed you

Which one is likely to get the warranty work. Original Member Pie n Pea Club.
110 HCPU Tipper
Post #26647 12th Mar 2010 7:09pm
322tpe

After constantly complaining to LRUK about sticking gears and rattling things finally came to a head on Wednesday
Driving through contraflow on M6 middle lane 50mph in 5th gear vehicle suddenly starts clanging,vibrating and shuddering and trying to stall (as if its trying to pull off in high gear).Can't get it out of gear to try and coast over to the hard shoulder.Fortunately the services is 100yds off so I manage to get it on the slip road half blocking it where it finally stalls.Turn off and force into neutral and start engine again no problem and then find out I can only select 1st gear..Recovered from services back to dealers and hire car.I've made it quite clear that if it isn't the box thats failed its certainly contributary to any excessive wear on connected parts which has caused this to happen.Incidentally if Land Rover really aren't aware of the major problems with the puma boxes/clutches I suggest they talk to any of the recovery services in the UK because they seem to be well aware of the problem.The only good point about this entire episode is thank god that it was me and not my wife driving my family at the time or things could have turned out a hell of a lot worse Crying or Very sad
Anyway waiting for LRUK to respond to my questions about whats happening next but to be honest I've lost all confidence in LR as a whole and I aren't sure if I want to be part of the "Land Rover experience" any more Big Cry
Someone mentioned earlier in the thread about the trades descriptions act and not being fit for use which is interesting and its a route my brief will be chatting to LRUK about next week Exclamation
I shall keep you posted Thumbs Up
Post #30629 24th Apr 2010 8:21am
harveyg77

United Kingdom 
Ity doesn't help your situation, but I do not think LR are any worse than the dealers of most other manufacturers.

A colleague had horrors with a Merc C220CDi, the dealer where dragging their heals and refusing to accept the fault. So he got 'mates' in the DoT (or some government body that's car related) and Police to stop every new car being driven out of the dealership to check for 'roadworthiness'. After numerous complaints from the customers being stopped, the dealer offered to swap his C220 for a new one subject to an adjustment payment for the depreciation. He only got the problem resolved due to mates in the right places and being a member of a certain 'club'.

I had horrendous problems with Nissan when I had a series of problems with my Navara. I had a really simple problem with a Focus which Ford managed to make mountain out of. Had problems with Vauxhall. Friends have had issues with Audi, BMW, Renault, Jaguar, etc.

Most dealers will find most faults, but sometimes struggle with the less obviously/electrical sensor type issues. It is bloody frustrating when you're the one whose faults they are struggling with. I guess its just patience and perseverance.

See how my attitude changes though if i start having problems with my Defender Wink

Good luck! Harvey
Post #30631 24th Apr 2010 10:23am
leeds

United Kingdom 
Have read this thread with interest.

We have a 09 Puma 110 Ute 8 months old with 8000 miles on the clock.

Barbara drives it and the gear change clonks a lot more then when I drive it.

Now is this something to do with clutch bite point/speed of the gear change or what??

Brendan
Post #30682 25th Apr 2010 3:40pm
MK

Chile 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Chawton White
Same for me. Actually you need to be an artist with your brain-hand and foot to avoid the clonk. I wonder now, how do "real working world" LR do?

Doe somebody knows why this sh%#t happens with LR?????????? Before was the input-output shaft tale from the transfer. Now what is it? Evil or Very Mad

I used to have a 4x4 Mitsubushi, Nissan, Toyota, etc trucks, with lots of torque and no clonk whatsoever (Even trying) Puma 110" SW

Earth first. Other planets later

Last edited by MK on 26th Apr 2010 2:20am. Edited 2 times in total
Post #30683 25th Apr 2010 3:47pm
AndrewS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red
Release the clutch pedal slowly wait until your foot is off the pedal then press the accelerator Thumbs Up Just hope that you are not in a rush Whistle 130's have feeling's as well you know Smile
Post #30684 25th Apr 2010 5:11pm
Daniel TD5

United Kingdom 1986 Defender 90 Other ST Nato Green
look mate

finally had enough

i have a july 07 xs double cab

try this 18 months off the road awaiting parts 3 new clutches i new gearbox. a new head and all the other bits that go wrong have and a total respray

its pouring more oil from the bell housing than that oil rig off the gulf coast at present. I gave up on my last dealer have a guy that land rover recomended its back in next week he has given up has well

they can't fix badly designed parts can they the clutch and gear box are crap and its had more ecu up dates than windows vista and they scrapped that

the lady from land rover uk rang me to say good by when she left last month and wished me well lovely lady
it was my monday and friday chat for over three months. hello mr towler how was your weekend have you got your car back yet

land rover uk are very helpful the new defender just can't be fixed thats why the engine is going

the only way to get it fixed is park it out side a travellers camp unlocked and hope its gone when you come back

Thumbs Up

Daniel
Post #31212 1st May 2010 10:05pm
322tpe

Update

Finally new gear box and clutch fitted under instruction from LRUK and its running like a dream again Thumbs Up

Why they just didn't admit to the problem and fix it without me having to resort to using a solicitor I don't know but there you go Confused

Anyone with problems just keep onto them and don't be fobbed off with the usual excuses Thumbs Up
Post #33272 30th May 2010 11:05am
harveyg77

United Kingdom 
322tpe wrote:
Update

Finally new gear box and clutch fitted under instruction from LRUK and its running like a dream again Thumbs Up

Why they just didn't admit to the problem and fix it without me having to resort to using a solicitor I don't know but there you go Confused

Anyone with problems just keep onto them and don't be fobbed off with the usual excuses Thumbs Up

Hi '322tpe',

Are you also 'Daniel td5' or two separate people? If so glad its fixed sounded like a horror!

Harvey
Post #33273 30th May 2010 11:15am
322tpe

Two seperate people same problem Rolling Eyes
Post #33284 30th May 2010 5:56pm
Daniel TD5

United Kingdom 1986 Defender 90 Other ST Nato Green
same on going problems

been in a freelander hire car for the last two weeks now its just keeps running in limp mode now

8 weeks of warrenty left to go

need new clutch and ecu problems

dan
Post #33470 2nd Jun 2010 9:37am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123