↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Response Network.......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Glynparry25

Wales 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Tonga Green
landy andy wrote:
Hi,

Intrested in joining, but am concered about insurance,

Do you get cover via your own insurance?

Do the response have there own insurance for the vehicles?

Andy

Yorkshire responce outlines what is required of your insurance, you then approach your insurance company and they will either say NO, YES or (more than likely) YES but it will be X ammount extra each year. When yo have the insurance cover you will have to sign a certificate saying you have the neccesary cover and they can then accept you into the group.

Again, the Yorkshire section have 'Responders' and 'Members'. So if you want to yo can just become a member, do the days out, BBQs and training but you don't have to do the call-outs so insurance wouldn't be a problem.

All the seperate teams are run differently so just find out who your area rep is and give him a call/ send am email and I am sure they will be more than helpfull.

Glyn

As for the 'helping yourself/ goverment etc'. The goverment shouldn't have to supply evryone with everything. If they stopped throwing money at wasted causes and thought about things more they would have more money for the Emergency Services. We could start by driving over Gordon Brown's head with a Challenger tank!!
Post #27363 18th Mar 2010 1:55pm
mhill

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Bonatti Grey
jools wrote:
I see it a bit in the same light as the coastguard and the RNLI - "Volunteer" - Lifeboats

The coastguard have the responsibility to protect life at sea - but they call out the volunteer lifeboat service when there is an incident to assist them.

In an ideal world the Lifeboats would be government funded.

I don't think anyone would argue that the RNLI do an excellent job!!

One of the reasons why I joined was I wanted to find a group of 4x4 enthusiasts locally - and if we can do a bit of "good" at the same time - even better!

Cheers
Jools

But over all its seriously good fun, ive been "playing lifeboats" since i was 16 and there is a real sence of enjoyment though maybe not so when you have to drag you self out oif bed at 04:00 in the morning to some twit who uses a road atlas to navigate the east coast!
Post #27364 18th Mar 2010 2:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jools

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
mhill wrote:

But over all its seriously good fun, ive been "playing lifeboats" since i was 16 and there is a real sence of enjoyment though maybe not so when you have to drag you self out oif bed at 04:00 in the morning to some twit who uses a road atlas to navigate the east coast!

and I think thats the way I view the response groups - I hope its going to be "seriously good fun" with t!he training days and putting the vehicle to good use as a group rather than using it just to commute back and forth to work

Jools 2003 90 XS SW

Support Devon & Cornwall 4x4 Response - www.buy.at/dc4x4
Post #27400 18th Mar 2010 9:13pm
landy andy

2006 Defender 110 Td5 USW Zermatt Silver
Thanks Glyn,

Have spoken to my insurance and that is a no go. They are very picky for me as it is a comercial policy, so can't say I am shocked, but I am dissapointed

Andy
Post #27406 18th Mar 2010 9:50pm
alantd

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
landy andy wrote:
Hi,

Intrested in joining, but am concered about insurance,

Do you get cover via your own insurance?

Do the response have there own insurance for the vehicles?

Andy

You do need to talk to your insurance company. I'm with NFU and they were fine for the sort of work I do.

The main question is whether you'll get paid or not. I don't even ask for my petrol money back so there's no issue. One that started out as a 2.4 TDCi 110 XS
+ New Defender 110 First Edition
Post #27442 19th Mar 2010 12:30pm
ken

United Kingdom 
You put Petrol in your Puma Whistle

Insurance queries came up on that other site we dont talk about as well Thumbs Up
Post #27454 19th Mar 2010 1:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12