↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Old ground but any new thoughts? Checker plate options.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
leeds

United Kingdom 
Some people love chequer plate, other people hate the stuff! Then there are people in between like me and think chequer plate should be restricted to wing tops etc i.e. minimal.

To best of my knowledge Entreq are the only people who do the wing reinforcing brackets and the bonnet steps. Chequer plate restricted to around the bonnet hinge area, big enough for foot but does not cover full bonnet.

Yes the Entreq gear is more expensive then the standard chequer plate, but it is finished to a higher quality then standard chequer plate with a milled flat recess for blanking plate/heater air intake with gaskets for them etc.

One think that people forget is that chequer plate is very slippery especially when wet. For rock/tree sliders, front bumpers etc you might want to consider maxi grip, much better grip then chequer plate or anti slip tape which can wear.

Brendan
Post #240688 3rd Jun 2013 11:17am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
leeds wrote:
Yes the Entreq gear is more expensive then the standard chequer plate, but it is finished to a higher quality then standard chequer plate with a milled flat recess for blanking plate/heater air intake with gaskets for them etc.

Also only company I know that fit "Six snap-in feet prevent the bonnet from chafing against the reinforcement plates" - seen a few vehicles now with the thicker plate and gasket fouling the rear edge of the bonnet and chipping big chunks of paint off.

Any photos of the these parts fitted?
Post #240909 4th Jun 2013 7:41am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123