↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > ARB winch bumper with bullbar
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
totoD110

I fitted one on mine. it was build for protection for large kangaroo in Australia. the standard coils can support it. but, once you put in a winch it will droop i installed heavy duty coils from old man emu w nitrochargers. i got about an inch lift at the front. HTH
Post #137972 9th Apr 2012 5:38am
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
I may have a brand new 8274 version available shortly (once im back of hols) if you are interested ?
Post #138125 9th Apr 2012 5:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
T1G UP

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
they do some great gear...but why is the german stuf soooo expensive?!
Post #138143 9th Apr 2012 6:44pm
Def-00

United Arab Emirates 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Fuji White
FCX.ME.UK wrote:
I may have a brand new 8274 version available shortly (once im back of hols) if you are interested ?

Thanks but was just looking around, i usually take a few months to think things over before buying them. if that excited feeling you have inside dies down within a month or two then its not worth buying Very Happy I jumped and bought the led headlights within a week though as they were the only pair in stock here locally Mr. Green
Now this has been on my list for over 6 months might actually get it now http://www.landrovertuning.com.au/shop/def...-seam.html 2012 Fuji White 110 Flattened
Post #138247 10th Apr 2012 10:33am
Projectblue

England 
konabikes11 wrote:
Careful the legality crew will soon be along to inform you how wrong and illegal it is to have on in the UK Rolling Eyes

To help out, I've clarified this with someone who knows and their opinion is that currently as long as the insurance accepts the risk, then even in the event of a fatal, the fitting of such, whilst it might be recorded as a contributory factor, will not bring legal proceedings against the owner/driver on it's own. So if some dosy 'appath pulls out in front of you and your ARB destroys their eurobox and the individual sat within, the ensuing investigation will not point at your new bumper Thumbs Up*

There are MOT regulation changes coming into effect including the safety of pedestrians but he doesn't feel they would prevent someone installing such a bumper - as long as it's not dangerous (e.g. winch hook is retained safely).

So the message is:- tell your insurance. If you don't - and the worse happens - expect to be residing at Her Majesty's Pleasure for some time Thumbs Up

*none of this is intended as legal advice. I do not have any professional indemnity insurance to cover you getting sued because you listened to me Laughing
Post #138711 12th Apr 2012 1:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12