↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Beware of Genuine Landrover SVX rear LED light kit...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
mobilecentre

United Kingdom 
The fitment of an LED indicator will not affect the operation of the trailer lights when using a resistor or LED flasher relay. The function of the dash tell tale will not work when using a LED flasher relay or when fitting LEDS to a trailer without the introduction of load resistors on the trailer.
Post #129005 5th Mar 2012 9:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mobilecentre

United Kingdom 
I think Land Rover have discontinued the LED lights as a dealer option and I was told that Duckworth have bought a large consignment of them which they are trying to clear. We supply a number of dealers with our sets as they are all LED.

We would offer a two year warranty on our set as opposed to LR twelve months and also not charge £600 for a set.

Would you like me to call today or tomorrow to see how I can help?
Post #129011 5th Mar 2012 9:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ken

United Kingdom 
I have MCL LEDs as indicators etcetcetc and can confirm that the flash rate on car and trailer is as it should be

I also use the MCL flasher relay as recomended Thumbs Up
Post #129037 5th Mar 2012 10:21pm
d j hutton

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
Sorry to hear about the problem, I went through the options prior to purchase and found out the Lr ones we not led entirely, which seemed a bit misleading as they said led light kit in the brochure (mind you it also said leather gear knob as well) but it was hard info to come by.

Spent a bit of time on the phone to mobile centre a while back and bought a kit from them, still quite a lump of cash but couldn't get any joy out of the dealers when I wanted to buy them for pre purchase fitting.

Mobile centre kit fitted straight on the original fixings and worked straight away, only about 1/2 hrs work, even for me, came with an indicator relay and all seems good.

I'd be inclined to ask for a refund as you are not happy and buy a set from Tim at mobile centre , give him a ring, seemed to be a pretty organised crew, money taken, goods arrived next day, fitted that evening.

Maybe not to everyone's taste, but the missus likes them and they are pretty bright lights, which is fairly important on something the size of a shed !

I understand you can get the same or similar result cheaper by buying bits separately but if you want plug and play then pay more and let someone else sort out the kit for you.

Good luck with it.

DJ 1989 200tdi 90 csw
2011 110 usw Orkney grey

Buy British 🇬🇧

Defender Clothing Designs available at http://www.rangesports.com/acatalog/Defender-Stuff.html
Post #129043 5th Mar 2012 10:43pm
v40mav

Scotland 
I had a set of these on my old td5 90 bought via Roverantics. Think theybare the same lights and were fantastic. Wish I'd kept them before selling the 90.

Using the relay supplied all lights including the trailer on std lights worked fine.

The lights are very bright and certainly improve vehicle safety others see you much more clearly.

Tim any change of a Defender2 deal for forum members ? Question Question Question Question Question Defender 110 County SW

Disco 3 HSE

Freelander 2 HSE - SOLD going back to a car

www.lothian4x4response.org
Post #129045 5th Mar 2012 10:49pm
d j hutton

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
Quote:
Tim any change of a Defender2 deal for forum members

Check out the website pricing and then hit the phone, you never know Thumbs Up

Dj 1989 200tdi 90 csw
2011 110 usw Orkney grey

Buy British 🇬🇧

Defender Clothing Designs available at http://www.rangesports.com/acatalog/Defender-Stuff.html
Post #129053 5th Mar 2012 11:06pm
mobilecentre

United Kingdom 
I have seen how the group buys work on here for our products Twisted Evil

Feel free to conatct me and I will try and sort a deal or a contribution to Martin.

We try to do what we can to help but sometimes do not get it right 100% of the time.
Post #129065 5th Mar 2012 11:31pm
mobilecentre

United Kingdom 
We are the cheapest on the web for these lights, I just checked on MUDs site and they are £398 + VAT and you still have to drill holes to fit the plinths, the plugs are supplied loose (unfitted) and you have to hack resistors in the loom to slow the flash rate down. The lamps have a one year warranty.

As said our kit is a full plug and play less than 30 minute install with the correct plinths, plugs fitted and plug in relay for £350 + VAT with a two year warranty. We also include gaskets and stainless screws.

As DJ says you may be able to shop around and probably do it for a few quid less, but then you need to put it all together fit the plugs etc.
Post #129069 5th Mar 2012 11:39pm
nicks

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Alaska White
i've fitted the complete rear led light set, same make as supplied by LR but these included led indicators. I got around not re drilling the body work, by simply drilling holes in the plinths to match the original holes already there.
Post #129190 6th Mar 2012 5:52pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
nicks wrote:
i've fitted the complete rear led light set, same make as supplied by LR but these included led indicators. I got around not re drilling the body work, by simply drilling holes in the plinths to match the original holes already there.

A good idea on your part but also begs the question as to why they aren't made like that anyway?
Post #129218 6th Mar 2012 7:17pm
mobilecentre

United Kingdom 
They are if you buy the proper Land Rover set (part from the indicators not being LED) or our set which includes the LED indicators
Post #129220 6th Mar 2012 7:22pm
adafish

United Kingdom 1984 Defender 110 300 Tdi DCPU Stornoway Grey
see the new haynes manual for fitting guide..... Laughing Putting Dreams on Drives at JLR Solihull..
Post #129362 7th Mar 2012 9:03am
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
I've just ordered a set of SVX lights from Tim at Mobile Centre, i'll post up pictures of the installation once received..... By the way, first impression of service from Tim is excellent with a reply to a PM at 11.30pm last night Shocked Very Happy
Post #129446 7th Mar 2012 2:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12