Home > Maintenance & Modifications > forward facing seats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
forward facing seats
hi all i want to fit some puma xs forward facing seats in the rear of my 90 td5 i know i have to cut the arch out and fit a piece such like the puma arch as it has a down step in the arch does anyone know anywhere who sells a kit for this there was one on ebay ages back but listing has ended sent him a message it was reasonable price aswell any help appreciated cheers Thumbs Up Question
Post #116018 16th Jan 2012 9:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dnorrishill

England 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Killer90 I also looked at fitting these seats to my TD5 90, but eventually concluded it wasn't such a great idea. My main concern was safety and I believe the puma has an extra strengthening bar under the rear tub that is welded to the chassis.

The only option that has safety approval are the new ExmoorTrim lock and fold seats, but they are over £1200 and if you fit 2 of them there appears to be no way to get into the back of the truck - there is no gap between the seats. I did call Exmoor about this and they suggested you either fold 1 seat up each time someone gets in or passengers have to climb over the bulkhead.

Basically I am now saving up for a Puma truck, much as I love the TD5.

Last edited by dnorrishill on 17th Jan 2012 11:31pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #116087 17th Jan 2012 8:36am
Killer90
Site Sponsor

cheers for the reply the two links dont work Big Cry you have to register and yer i think if you are going to do it you would need to buy the full kit from the puma with trim strengthening bars etc at my work they converted a td5 to make the seats fit and work the box section was made from steel so i suppose that is strengthening it sailed through mot aswell Thumbs Up i do like the pumas nice dash nice seats but then the dash is big lol it has its ups and downs Thumbs Up
Post #116275 17th Jan 2012 8:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dnorrishill

Doh didn't realise that they locked down the forums to prevent public access - bit tight!!

If you want I can repost the details on here?

David.
Post #116329 17th Jan 2012 10:39pm
T1G UP

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Re: forward facing seats
Killer90 wrote:
hi all i want to fit some puma xs forward facing seats in the rear of my 90 td5 i know i have to cut the arch out and fit a piece such like the puma arch as it has a down step in the arch does anyone know anywhere who sells a kit for this there was one on ebay ages back but listing has ended sent him a message it was reasonable price aswell any help appreciated cheers Thumbs Up Question

my offer still stands
Post #116337 17th Jan 2012 10:58pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

Quote:
my offer still stands

am very interested mate its just the money side of things Big Cry its the perfect deal which i wanted its just i am having the 90 tuned this weekend so thats a big lump of money gone and then my tax at end of month then insurance is due in couple of months time at over £2k and then mot, its hitting me hard now Big Cry what i am planning on doing is to customise the arches now then soundproof the whole landy and get genuine black carpet all round once all thats done then change the seats plus the back will be ready for the new forward facings to fit straight in if you wanna sell them sell them i dont want to muck you about but if you still have them later on i am very interested Thumbs Up

Quote:

Doh didn't realise that they locked down the forums to prevent public access - bit tight!!

If you want I can repost the details on here?

David.

If you could please mate that would be great Thumbs Up
Post #116357 17th Jan 2012 11:23pm
dnorrishill

OK the ebay seller that was selling the conversion kit to fit Puma style seats to an earlier Defender was measures2931. I have no idea who he is or whether this conversion is safe etc. but he did give me permission to copy and post his photos as an FYI to anyone wanting to do this type of modification.

I have seen other posts stating that the Puma chassis has an extra strengthening bar under the rear tub and I would be a little sceptical of bolting something so heavy to the aluminium floor.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #117548 22nd Jan 2012 7:08pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

haha cheers for the info i popped round there yesterday to his house his name is pete nice guy he had one kit left so i thought why not lol i have just started a new thread up 2 mins ago i couldnt wait so fitted them today Laughing Laughing check this thread out mate http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic10928.html
Post #117550 22nd Jan 2012 7:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1