↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Activating ACC, ATPC, TR2 Auto, Park Assist, wheel size etc
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 11 <123 ... 91011>
Print this entire topic · 
aquascape

United Kingdom 
The only issue I had was installing the software. I think my firewall was blocking the software from installing properly. They installed it for me in the end remotely. Using the software was then nice and easy. MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1014164 6th Nov 2023 10:42pm
forzahog

United States 2016 Defender 110 Other Works V8 Auto Fuji White
They sent me a key and I played with it a little last night. I couldn't get anything to function quite right though.

With the IID tool, I would start the vehicle, plug in the adapter and keep my foot on the brake while updating and it would go through it's series of ignition cycles to load the new ccf. When I tried that with this tool, it went really strange. It shut off the ignition and somehow kept the engine running and then throw a ton of errors to the point I would have to use the IID tool to reset the ccf back to where it was.

What process did you go through to get it to update the ccf on your rig? 20MY Defender 110 Fuji White
Post #1014226 7th Nov 2023 3:38pm
aquascape

United Kingdom 
I connected the Enet cable, turned ignition on, clicked on connect in software, then licked on CCF brushing at top menu then 'read CCF', clicked on any off the CCF files I wanted to change (selected the changes at the top in the drop down value list), then clicked 'Write current data' to make the changes (alternatively select one of their scripts from the script list like no 16 that I used called 'PIVI second generation terrain +ATPC+RS+Dynamic I' to add ATPC, Dynamic, TR2 Auto to the car).

If you change a CCF that causes the brake error then click on DTC diagnosis at the top, then select 1416 DADC module, read all DTC, then clear all DTC or click on Vehicle Function in the main menu and allow central configuration to clear error (restart gateway). All works perfectly on mine, only took a few minutes.

If you run the backup before you start it creates a .bak file that you can easily restore back to. Hope that helps MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1014228 7th Nov 2023 3:47pm
forzahog

Update on testing. I got it to work without the car running. The key is to have the ignition on, but not running.

I got ACC working on a base model defender using this tool to upload the "PIVI ACC" script they have. I then had the DADC re-learn the ccf with the tool/software and ACC functions showed up on the next ignition cycle.

I drove and tested the ACC and it worked as intended.

Now, I'm going to work on the automatic parking to see if I can get it up and running without error.

I also made some changes with the gap tool to see if it would break the ACC and so far, that hasn't happened. My theory is that once the DADC re-learns and expects ACC to be configured, it maintains that setting. 20MY Defender 110 Fuji White
Post #1014319 8th Nov 2023 2:30am
EataPeach4923

Did anyone have to install drivers? It’s telling me “connection failed” whenever I try to connect to my car. Plug in Ethernet > turn on ignition > start took on Windows virtual machine on my MacBook. On top of that, I cannot contact support as the WhatsApp account I made to ask about the thing to begin with has now been disabled to due alleged spam….
Post #1014322 8th Nov 2023 5:17am
aquascape

United Kingdom 
I haven’t got a Mac so can’t really comment on that side. Windows didn’t require any drivers to work.WhatsApp Gary at autosvs. He was very helpful. There is also a tech guy James I think on WhatsApp. Number was on the autosvs website under support MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1014325 8th Nov 2023 7:22am
aquascape

United Kingdom 
forzahog wrote:
Update on testing. I got it to work without the car running. The key is to have the ignition on, but not running.

I got ACC working on a base model defender using this tool to upload the "PIVI ACC" script they have. I then had the DADC re-learn the ccf with the tool/software and ACC functions showed up on the next ignition cycle.

I drove and tested the ACC and it worked as intended.

Now, I'm going to work on the automatic parking to see if I can get it up and running without error.

I also made some changes with the gap tool to see if it would break the ACC and so far, that hasn't happened. My theory is that once the DADC re-learns and expects ACC to be configured, it maintains that setting.

Try script 16. That should enable atpc, tr2 auto and dynamic mode. I think the key is making the DADC module relearn to clear the errors. Park assist I think will work, autosvs thought it would. MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1014326 8th Nov 2023 7:24am
EataPeach4923

Everything is seemingly working as it should, but ACC is not activating. I run the script, the car does its thing and restarts, comes back online with all the errors. I select the 1416 read all and clear all, but ACC is not there after this. Do you use the script or manually enable?
Post #1014330 8th Nov 2023 7:56am
aquascape

United Kingdom 
Possibly need to restart the gateway / restart all modules. I already had ACC so can’t say for sure on that. Someone else may be able to help you more

Click image to enlarge
 MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1014331 8th Nov 2023 8:02am
aquascape

United Kingdom 
forzahog Could you advise what you did to make the car relearn the DADC module? MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1014332 8th Nov 2023 8:04am
aquascape

United Kingdom 
To clear the errors I think you need to DADC central configuration alignment, restart gateway,

It’s a work in progress this but it could be a really useful tool to activate many things on the defenders MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1014333 8th Nov 2023 8:47am
Paladino

Did anyone manage to activate park assist?
Post #1014352 8th Nov 2023 11:08am
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
forzahog wrote:

Just one thing I was told to only have the ignition on when doing ccf modifications with the IID tool and I know when you use Pathfinder, again you just have the ignition on not the engine running Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #1014378 8th Nov 2023 2:13pm
forzahog

Rolling with laughter
Just think of all the fuel I could have saved. 20MY Defender 110 Fuji White
Post #1014382 8th Nov 2023 2:59pm
EataPeach4923

I’m not convinced the ACC script works. Shouldn’t it appear even when I get the errors?
Post #1014385 8th Nov 2023 3:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 11 <123 ... 91011>