↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Td5 > Interior light not coming on. Self inflicted?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
MC84

United Kingdom 2001 Defender 90 Td5 HT Chawton White
Interior light not coming on. Self inflicted?
Hi, I had an issue where I needed to input an EKA code as the ECU got immobilised after I cleaned the connectors to it. Thats sorted but now the Interior doesn't come on when I open either of the front doors. It used to and I know the switches to be good. There is power to the light as I can switch it on at the actual light. Is this ECU related or have I just noticed the problem now the nights are drawing in. I got the EKA code with my Nanocom and wonder if I've switched something off when looking for the code! Mike

Hard Top 90 TD5 2001
Ford 100e 1959
www.youtube.com/mikemakesit
Post #1007903 17th Sep 2023 9:01am
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Hi Mike. Possibly. Under the 10AS settings, page 1 you can set what the interior light does and if the light comes on at disarming of the alarm.
Post #1007909 17th Sep 2023 9:57am
MC84

I don’t actively (no key fob) have an alarm. Will this make a difference to the settings? Mike

Hard Top 90 TD5 2001
Ford 100e 1959
Post #1007922 17th Sep 2023 11:54am
Craig772

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Oslo Blue
I've only been on the Defender scene for just over a year and have a 2000 TD5. I thought they all came with an alarm. I am sure someone will tell you. I swear when I got the vehicle the indicators lit once when dissarming the alarm. Now they don't and instead the interior light comes on. This did revert back once and is now back to the interior light. I mention it because I am convinced some sequence of ignition on/off and door openings has triggered this. It may be the same for you.
Post #1010840 11th Oct 2023 10:06am
TexasRover

France 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Chawton White
Farmer spec (like mine) does not come alarm, central locking or electric windows. I don't mind because if I want all of that I just take the Range or Disco, which are also much cheaper to buy (?).

The 10AS is still paired with the ECU, but there is no immobilizing system going on. And it controls the dome light (timer and dimming). Also I notice that when you open the door while driving (you know to properly close it this time) there is no timer and the light dims immediately. Its a defender with AI, well ahead of its time.

All of this works on the door push buttons and if one of them stops working or the wire shorts out the whole dome light times out and you have nothing (it basically thinks one door is permanently open).

I also don't have bonnet switch I think, so one less thing to break.

There are two types of 10AS one with and one without alarm, the difference from what I understand is the absence of one relay and the programming which is changeable.
Post #1010851 11th Oct 2023 11:00am
MC84

I've got it working by going into the AS10 setting No1 and altering the setting for the light from smart to normal and then back to smart. After a power cycle its working so thanks very much for your input every one. Very Happy Mike

Hard Top 90 TD5 2001
Ford 100e 1959
Post #1015164 15th Nov 2023 11:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1