↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Burglar stabbed to death by a 71 year old man
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
It's been reported that the burglars came from the"travelling community" in which case the presence and organised nature of the shrine (sorry, refuse pile) is unsurprising.
Post #699799 10th Apr 2018 10:43am
mick

England 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Rimini Red
leeds wrote:
I saw the photographs of the 'shrine' outside the victims house.

What struck me was it appeared to be an organised 'shrine' rather then the ad hoc shrines which occur at other sites which comes from individual people paying their personal respects.

For organised I mean the flowers and balloons were sort of colour coded and spaced out at what seem to be regular measured intervals.

I thought it was totally disrespectful to the true victims of this crime and am glad it has been removed. To issue threats against a 78 year old man who was only defending himself and his wife from a 'armed' intrusion into their home is totally unacceptable. That elderly couple have enough trauma to live with and their home will no longer feel like their home after the invasion without further external pressure.

Brendan

That lamppost shrine bugs me at Ainley top from when that person got shot Evil or Very Mad
Post #699903 10th Apr 2018 5:37pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Sadly the flower and ballon tributes have been replaced back on the fence this afternoon with neighbours saying they feel intimidated. The house where the attack took place has now had all its windows boarded up and the owners have not returned fearing a reprisal.

The burglars family are quoted as saying he was no monster perhaps not, just a lowlife preying on the vulnerable and elderly. For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #699909 10th Apr 2018 5:48pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
Henry Vincent has been described as a career criminal. Sorry but that is an insult to hard working people who have a honest career.

Henry Vincent aged 37 was sentenced twice for a total of 10.5 years. 2003 sentence was for duping OAPs out of over £400,000 along with other members of his family. In 2018 he was wanted by the police for other burglary offences.

He was an habitual criminal with no respect for other people and preyed on the elderly as presumably he thought they were an easy target.

If the victim had not fought back in this case in defence of himself and his disabled wife, what are the chances of this habitual criminal going on to terrorise other innocent elderly people?

Brendan
Post #699917 10th Apr 2018 6:14pm
Swine&Small

United Kingdom 
Best thing that ever happened to him....now where are the rest of his family Rolling with laughter 1983 Series 3 Pick up in Marine Blue
1967 Morris Traveller
1966 Morris Convertible
2012 VW T5 Camper
Quod Abundat Non Obstat.
Post #699942 10th Apr 2018 6:54pm
mick

England 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Rimini Red
I had a customer that had travellers on his land went down various routes of getting them off from the police to muck spreading the caravans
It wasn’t until he wrecked a couple of vans with a JCB back actor that they moved Shocked
Post #699957 10th Apr 2018 7:14pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Swine&Small wrote:
Best thing that ever happened to him....now where are the rest of his family Rolling with laughter

I have no sympathy for the burglar but to wish death on his family seems a bit c unty to me.
Post #700390 12th Apr 2018 5:06pm
Swine&Small

United Kingdom 
Have you seen their records ??? Big Cry 1983 Series 3 Pick up in Marine Blue
1967 Morris Traveller
1966 Morris Convertible
2012 VW T5 Camper
Quod Abundat Non Obstat.
Post #700394 12th Apr 2018 5:27pm
gilarion

A Family of Travellers says it all really, easier to steal from old people rather than work for a living must have been the deceased philosophy. For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

Post #700403 12th Apr 2018 6:03pm
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Zed wrote:
Swine&Small wrote:
Best thing that ever happened to him....now where are the rest of his family Rolling with laughter

I have no sympathy for the burglar but to wish death on his family seems a bit c unty to me.

Swine just wondered where they are. As they're travellers they move all the time and he can't keep up. Never said anything about wishing death upon them. Otherwise he would have said 'Best thing that ever happened to him, now let's kill the rest of the family with screwdrivers'. Actually, what a good idea. Whistle Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #700425 12th Apr 2018 7:47pm
Swine&Small

United Kingdom 
It appears that the "memorial" to the dead scumbag has been torn down on several occasions by the locals.
Understandable Thumbs Up
But, the latest development is that the memorial has been reinstated yet again and is now going to get police protection from vandalism. Funny how such protection is only available to the oroperty of scum and not available to the people who protected themselves and will probably never be able to return to their house due to lack of police protection.
Funny old world....Glad I am not young Rolling with laughter 1983 Series 3 Pick up in Marine Blue
1967 Morris Traveller
1966 Morris Convertible
2012 VW T5 Camper
Quod Abundat Non Obstat.
Post #700574 13th Apr 2018 4:16pm
gilarion

The trouble with the law is that Travellers are now formally recognised as an ethnic minority and are recognised in the courts as an oppressed community and are now protected from any discrimination.

The police are fearful of being accused of racism or oppression of travellers and now have to be seen to protect their rights, which also could be deemed as travellers now having greater rights than the general public at large.

Due to travellers having full rights as an ethnic minority they also have full protection under The Equality Act.

So the police have to be seen as treating travellers the same way as any other citizen, however, as I see it the laying of floral tributes for this dead traveller could be construed as being confrontational and designed to intimidate, as such the Police if they so wished could order the removal of these tributes and to be placed elsewhere.

There is also the offence of these tributes being placed on private property without the owner's consent, the police it seems are turning a blind eye to the law. For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

Post #700580 13th Apr 2018 4:46pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
I believe the police are in an awkward position

What I think the local people should be doing is contacting the local PCC, MP, and council making representations that the peace and dignity of the neighbourhood should be respected and that this so called shrine should not be allowed.

Since the shrine seems to be erected on private property who's owner has not given permission surely this is a case of littering onto private property? AS such either the land owner or the council has a duty to remove the litter

Now the burglar is apparently unemployed and the UK tax payer may land up paying for some if not all the burial costs. In this case it should be a unmarked grave in a undisclosed location.

If it sounds harsh maybe a read of the criminal family record is required located HERE

Brendan
Post #700591 13th Apr 2018 5:31pm
Swine&Small

United Kingdom 
Yes the memorial is on private land, but the owners are too frightened to remove it themselves as they have been threatened.
The police seem powerless to protect the innocent and do the next best thing(?) protect the guilty. Mad 1983 Series 3 Pick up in Marine Blue
1967 Morris Traveller
1966 Morris Convertible
2012 VW T5 Camper
Quod Abundat Non Obstat.
Post #700592 13th Apr 2018 5:40pm
Outlaw1

England 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Law is only for the law abiding.
Castration is the way forward for all thieving pikey scum
Post #700599 13th Apr 2018 6:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>