↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > Bitter Disapointment !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
ken

United Kingdom 
LR90XS2011 wrote:
they don't all leak and they can be fixed, speak to Ryan on here and get it fixed, also ask for another one to use why it is being fixed. when it is fixed you will love it and it is at the end of the day very special

Well said Thumbs Up
Post #488969 5th Jan 2016 9:15pm
steve E

Wales 
They will fix the problems for you.
The paint work isn't brill on any of them if you look closely, but again can be sorted as you have done.
It's a case of fix and keep or reject and never have one from new again.
I would just get it fixed and enjoy Thumbs Up
Post #488978 5th Jan 2016 9:37pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Of course it can be fixed but that's hardly the point is it Rolling Eyes Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #488988 5th Jan 2016 10:22pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
lohr500 wrote:
Stick with it Stravaig. It must be so disappointing, but it can be fixed.

I bought my 7 seater XS privately last year and it had spent its whole life garaged overnight.

It lives outside now. After the 1st bad rainfall we had, my passenger side footwell was like a swimming pool. I tried parking it in a different direction to the prevailing wind, but it made no difference. Every time it rained, the built in foot spa was back. It also leaked into the drivers side footwell, but nowhere near as badly.

It still had some warranty remaining so I booked it into Farnell's at Nelson. They needed it for three days but they did a great job on the leaks and it is now bone dry. Even in the torrential rain we have had in Yorkshire over the past few weeks.

Bl***y annoying that the factory can't be bothered to do the job right in the 1st place, but a good dealer should be well practiced in sorting it.

Once the teething problems are sorted, I am sure you will enjoy the Adventure.

Excellent Dealer service there,..it seems that some Dealers are much better than others.
As a guide, did your Dealer ever mention to you the places in your Defender that were letting the water in, and how these spots were rectified?.....This info could be helpful to others who may have similar issues.
Pickles.
Post #489017 5th Jan 2016 11:37pm
lohr500

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Hi Pickles. Good question.

From what I can remember they ended up fitting new door seals on both sides and I'm pretty sure they did something with the bulkhead to windscreen frame seal. I don't know if they replaced the original bulkhead seal, but there are signs of some black sealant there which wasn't there originally. With hindsight I should have asked for more detail.

The dealership was taken over by Farnell's a year or two ago, but I recognised many of the staff from a way back as we bought a D3 from them many years ago.

They also had the 110 back for the oil pump recall several months later and as a result knocked £160 off their quote for the third service Smile. It still cost £200 which I thought was expensive for the remaining work on the service schedule, but at least it kept the main dealer stamps up to date in the service book. Unless there is a very good deal to be done on the servicing this year, I will do it myself, including a full oil change all round.

I can't fault their service and as a Defender owner I didn't feel as though I was being treated as a second class citizen.
Post #489077 6th Jan 2016 7:27am
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
not sure about LR but nor all dealers but I'm pretty sure some of the dealers certainly do treat you as second class - at least in terms of the 'muppets' that work on them. I can not believe the muppets that have worked on mine in the past would be let loose on a FFRR Shocked
Post #489105 6th Jan 2016 9:17am
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
i noticed that going from def to rangie, but now they know me and the cars we have from them, i get good service on all cars Mike
Post #489272 6th Jan 2016 6:19pm
X4SKP

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
Hello stravaig

Sad to hear your news.

Yes we all know some do and some don't...and possibly most will at some point
but if it's as bad as you say (and I'm not doubting you) then raise this at the highest level
with both your Dealer and Land Rover and get a fix that is documented and proven before
accepting the vehicle back.

Quick story which I know to be true...NOT something like this, may be somewhere near the truth.

I new owner of the Defender 110XS MY2015 (not on here) so sensitive to the leak issue, having had numerous issues with one previous model...said to the Dealer he would not sign for or leave with his new vehicle until he had tested it for leaks on the premises (in the car park).

The new owner is a window cleaner (made good...very good Exclamation / commercial contracts mainly).

He arrived with one of his window cleaning vans (Mercedes-Benz) and pressure / soak tested the
Defender...which passed, I guess this was his way of applying due diligence.

Shouldn't be necessary Land Rover Shocked
Good Luck with yours... Thumbs Up SKIP
https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic83242.html
Post #489293 6th Jan 2016 7:04pm
stravaig

Scotland 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Rimini Red
Thankyou.
Thanks to everyone who has posted in response. The dealer still has my Landy and assure me they are working hard to resolve the issue. The workshop manager assures me I'm not getting it back till he's 100% satisfied.

Ryan from Land Rover customer services has also been in touch and again assures me it will be resolved. Thanks to him for caring about customer service.

I'm still driving the thrifty hire 110 it's got 2500 miles on it and doesn't leak! It's only got two seats so my kids are unimpressed.

I wait with baited breath and I'm still very very disappointed , and I'm still telling everyone who asks my new Landy is at the garage...
Post #489353 6th Jan 2016 10:30pm
YOLO110

Australia 
Sounds like committed progress. I am sure they will get it sorted for you! Thumbs Up

(BTW, how did you get Ryan to reply to PM's? I have sent him 2 recently but no answers, they have not even been picked up from my outbox!) YOLO... You Only Live Once...
Post #489393 6th Jan 2016 11:22pm
stravaig

Scotland 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Rimini Red
Greetings
Hello
With regard to your query I posted on this forum in the customer relations section.
I also posted on Land Rovers official Facebook page. Ryan contacted me first thing this morning via I message, and thereafter followed up with a lengthy phone call.

Hope this is of help to you. Thumbs Up
Post #489408 6th Jan 2016 11:48pm
WhiskyJackR

United Kingdom 
facts:

1. Based upon a survey on Defender 2.net about half of all new Defenders leak badly.

2. Land Rover say that no vehicle leaves the factory without passing an extensive leak test.

Possible conclusions:

a) New Defender owners are either confused or hosing down their interiors on a regular basis.

b) Land Rover's extensive leak test is useless or it is good and nobody checks for water inside the vehicle after the test. Any farther South and I'll need to trade the Defender in for a Landing Craft Smile
Post #489444 7th Jan 2016 1:47am
tookaphotoof

Netherlands 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
Definitely B...
Post #489466 7th Jan 2016 7:24am
Ramsay

Scotland 1995 Defender 110 300 Tdi CSW Auto Keswick Green
or C) it doesn't leak at the factory having just been freshly built. But after a test drive and being carted around on a transporter and maybe shipped halfway round the world our bolted together and frankly flexible vehicles may then leak like a sieve. 1995 Defender 110 CSW
1971 SIIA Lightweight
Post #489509 7th Jan 2016 10:26am
treps

If it is any consolation, my new Adventure 110 also leaks. The issue is with the rear passenger doors. They just don't square to the door 'hole'. In fact, when driving, it feels as if the door is open. Sometimes they do not close properly. Is this a known issue?
It has got worse in the last few trips. This is more than just door seals. The net result is that the passenger carpet and floor is soaking wet.
I have emailed Harwoods and they said they would get the service department to look into it. I am yet to hear from them so time to chase them.
I enjoy the car but it is rather testing...
Post #493432 17th Jan 2016 9:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>