↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Drawing the silhouette of the future
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Freypal

United Kingdom 1992 Defender 90 200 Tdi HT Portofino Red
couplands wrote:
The more I look at the DC100 the more I like it. Given the crash/pedestrian protection rules, I'm not sure how much different they can make it.

Roll on the replacement...

Cheers

Simon

I like it from the side view... it's the front view i really dislike.
Post #386405 8th Jan 2015 6:51pm
mikelike

Seriously who buys a three door 4wd nowdays ?? This type of vehicle is normally found in the cities owned by woman, look at wranglers and the few Defender 90s they sell in NZ are always found in Auckland . In Australia they removed the 90 from the market , no one wants them. Its a suzuki market.
The world wants a Land Criuser sized vehicle or a Hi Lux double cab , the sales speak for themselves . In our little insignificant market of NZ , the toyota corolla was the biggest selling car of 2014 with 6472 sales followed by the ford ranger with 6330 sales ending 32 years of complete dominance by the hi lux , that was in third place with 5774 sales.
I drive around in my hens teeth 2009 130 double cab and most people comment on how good it looks , but are horribly dissapointed when they climb in and cant fit in the thing because there is no room in it !! I dont tell them about the water leaks when it rains !! Over 90 per cent of Hilux and Ranger sales are double cab models so a defender 4 door wagon or a new 130 ute is what our market will be interested in, not that tiny looking sand drawing of a DC100 hairdressers vehicle .
I want a Ranger sized double cab , with capability , a 4 tonne tow capacity , a one and a half tonne pay load just like my 130 , that doesnt leak, that can actually fit five people without molestation charges and looks like a modern Land Rover Defender !!!!
Post #386482 8th Jan 2015 8:47pm
shaggydog

United Kingdom 1991 Defender 110 200 Tdi USW Arles Blue
^^^ My Thaughts exactly. Running Restoration Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/post323197.html#323197

Self confessed mileage hunter Very Happy
Post #386484 8th Jan 2015 8:53pm
NoDo$h

England 
Bow down Bow down Bow down 

54 Freelander modded for mud
2008 D3 SE
2010 90 XS SW
1978 88 Series 3 undergoing surgery with a new owner
2007 90 County Truck Cab - gone
2006 D3 SE - gone
2004 Freelander Sport - gay
1999 Disco V8 ES rotted to bits
Post #386487 8th Jan 2015 8:56pm
dolomite

I have asked the artist behind this sand drawing what LR told him that drawing represented, the new Defender or what. His answer was:

Hi Robert

Glad you liked it. The image is the defender logo.

Jamie Wardley
Jamie@sandinyoureye.co.uk
Www.sandinyoureye.co.uk
Post #386500 8th Jan 2015 9:13pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
mikelike wrote:
Seriously who buys a three door 4wd nowdays ?? This type of vehicle is normally found in the cities owned by woman, look at wranglers and the few Defender 90s they sell in NZ are always found in Auckland . In Australia they removed the 90 from the market , no one wants them. Its a suzuki market.
The world wants a Land Criuser sized vehicle or a Hi Lux double cab , the sales speak for themselves . In our little insignificant market of NZ , the toyota corolla was the biggest selling car of 2014 with 6472 sales followed by the ford ranger with 6330 sales ending 32 years of complete dominance by the hi lux , that was in third place with 5774 sales.
I drive around in my hens teeth 2009 130 double cab and most people comment on how good it looks , but are horribly dissapointed when they climb in and cant fit in the thing because there is no room in it !! I dont tell them about the water leaks when it rains !! Over 90 per cent of Hilux and Ranger sales are double cab models so a defender 4 door wagon or a new 130 ute is what our market will be interested in, not that tiny looking sand drawing of a DC100 hairdressers vehicle .
I want a Ranger sized double cab , with capability , a 4 tonne tow capacity , a one and a half tonne pay load just like my 130 , that doesnt leak, that can actually fit five people without molestation charges and looks like a modern Land Rover Defender !!!!

Part of what you say is true, but they have not removed the 90 from the Aussie market. You can still get the 90 & 110, but you can no longer order a 130.
Pickles.
Post #386517 8th Jan 2015 9:54pm
tookaphotoof

Netherlands 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
I would love a 90 next to my 130. Easier to drive around town and I don't like boring Suzuki city cars... Laughing
Post #386518 8th Jan 2015 9:57pm
nidge n

mikelike wrote:

Thumbs Up
Post #386603 9th Jan 2015 12:00am
Freypal

United Kingdom 1992 Defender 90 200 Tdi HT Portofino Red
mikelike wrote:

Speak for yourself, personally the 90 suits my needs perfectly. It is just me and the girlfriend in our household and so we have no need of more than 2 doors. It is used for lugging loads, going to the shops, going to work, does it all perfectly. If i want to take more people then the seats in the back work fine.
Post #387405 11th Jan 2015 2:16pm
dolomite

http://www.autox.in/uncategorized/land-rover-evolution/

"But even among these, the new Defender (projected release in 2016) is destined to refract into multiple variations – including a 7-seater called the ‘Long Step,’ along with a smaller version that will presumably look more contemporary. In between these two, lastly, we have the models with split souls – the Freelander and the Discovery, which combine the aesthetics and street skills of an SUV but with their iconic off-road capability fully intact."

Post #387931 13th Jan 2015 2:21am
IanT599

United Kingdom 
I myself cannot see the DC100 as being the only Defender on the market.

With the huge range of body configurations at present over 3 chassis lengths it is a lot to fit onto 1 chassis. Ian
2004 Discovery II TD5 ES Auto
1990 Range Rover Vogue Efi Auto (Future 100" Defender Puma)
2015 Compass Rallye 644
Sankey Mk3 Wide Track
Post #387934 13th Jan 2015 2:41am
dolomite

This must be seen..Enjoy !

Post #388926 16th Jan 2015 5:56am
X4SKP

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
Thank you... thank you dolomite

Bloody fantastic... SKIP
https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic83242.html
Post #389037 16th Jan 2015 2:36pm
dolomite

New Defender tested in Siberia ?

http://www.landroverscene.com/forum/index.php?topic=7610.0

"Yes, there will be a new one, we'll see what variants and abilities it has when launched :up

I heard today, in a passing conversation with one of the participants, of an ambitious expedition in the next month or so, featuring a group of invited people from around the world.

The expedition will cross Siberia, including some of the notorious roads and at last one large frozen lake. Temperatures are expected to be around -40C.

All in the next generation Defender. All he could tell me of the actual vehicles was that they have been told that the heating system in them is well up to the job of keeping them warm :cheesy

He had no other details.

It would seem the actual launch is not too far away now."
Post #389629 18th Jan 2015 2:33am
666PXX

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Dolomite that is brilliant. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Post #389710 18th Jan 2015 11:49am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>