Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
The Monkey

Ireland 
Millsy94 wrote:
g-mack wrote:
The Monkey wrote:
Millsy94 wrote:
I have gone for the overdrive route and apart from a dodgy switch ive found it very reliable over the last 10,000 miles and cruising is a dream, i went this route as i frequently tow heavy loads, others have had many problems but despite what you may get told they are far from complicated should they ever cause trouble. i can happily cruise at 70 but a remap will be welcome too hope this helps, Ed
if you go into the r380 section to buy a gearbox they offer a higher 5th gear. If this was the case it would be easier and cheaper than buying a over drive... have a freibd wuth defender box must give it a go... I just like the close ration in a defender makes overtaking a lot easier etx etc

ah ok, just had a look, didn't realise you could do that. that sounds like a very good option. cheaper than overdrive and a new gearbox too!!! be interesting to know what difference it makes!

I doubt it'd be much cheaper I got my overdrive for £230 and I can use it as a clutch less splitter in 3rd 4th and 5th so does have a few advantages over a high 5th
what overdrive are you running man...
Post #314917 10th Mar 2014 2:44am
Millsy94

England 2003 Defender 90 Td5 PU Aintree Green
I'm running a gkn, If you keep you're eye out they come up cheap as a lot of people believe they're a problem child without actually ever using one, after having it is never cope with standard gearing again being able to happily cruise at 70 is lovely in a defender
Post #318052 22nd Mar 2014 10:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12