Page 1 of 5 12345>
Print this entire topic · 
jomara

Scotland 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Pivi Pro 4.0.0 Update On The Way
Looks like quite a few improvements on the way

EVA2 SOTA release ‘OS 4.0.0’ – Campaign summary

Applies to:
20MY & 21MY & 22MY & 23MY & 24 MY = L663 Defender.
L560 Velar, L462 Discovery, L550 Discovery Sport, L551 Evoque
22MY & 23MY &24MY = L460 Range Rover
23MY & 24MY= L461 Range Rover Sport

Jaguar “brand family of vehicles:
X761 F-Pace, X260 XF, X760 XE, X590 I-Pace, X540 E-Pace

IMPORTANT – CHANGES TO PROFILES
Markets where InControl Accounts are supported:
To provide greater flexibility and opportunity in future updates, it’s been necessary to redevelop Profiles (referred to as Accounts after the update).

Please Note: Only personal settings and navigation destinations as part of a Profile linked to a signed in InControl Account PRIOR to this update will be preserved. Profiles not linked to a signed in InControl Account will need to be recreated after the update.

Markets where InControl Accounts are not supported:
Profiles will no longer be supported following this update and therefore personal profiles will no longer be accessible.

We apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause.

This update brings a number of significant new features as follows:
New features
– The Interactive Driver Display (where fitted) can now display Google Maps when Android Auto is in use or Apple Maps when Apple CarPlay® is in use. Please note: Support for this capability via other navigation apps is subject to the necessary updates being released by their respective developers. The Digital Driver Display and Analogue Dials with Central TFT Display are unsupported.

– Apple iPhone Favorites contacts can now be accessed directly from the Pivi home screen phone tile or via the contacts tab within Pivi’s Phone app.

– Following feedback, we’ve added a phone reminder which can be displayed when you shut the vehicle down for those vehicles with Wireless Device Charging.

– The Pivi Pro navigation app for Range Rover & Range Rover Sport PHEV vehicles can now display a range overlay on the map. This is visible when no destination is set.

– Wireless Android Auto & Wireless Apple CarPlay is now available in more countries.

Features we’ve improved or changed:
– We’ve made changes to the traffic info and the text color making it more useful and readable. This especially improves the available information when the Interactive Driver Display is in full screen map view and the traffic list is shown.

– In the Navigation / About settings the map information now shows the date each region was last updated. Note: the region your vehicle is located in is automatically updated over the air in most markets where there is a valid Connected Navigation Subscription.

– The Map & Service subscription expiry date is now visible from the map information screen.

– Phone settings have been reorganized combining Bluetooth and Android Auto / Apple CarPlay settings.

– A variety of bug fixes and general performance improvements.

– Profiles are now referenced as Accounts in the touchscreen.

Please Note: Availability of features can vary by vehicle specification, model year and market.

Specific to I-Pace:
– Enhanced High Voltage battery cell (primary battery) health monitoring/management. This is a required update and forms the delivery of the recall remedy for safety recall H441.

https://www.ovalnews.com/category/pi...-release-notes 2014 110 2.2TDCi XS Station wagon
1971 Bowler Tomcat 88 4.2 V8 Auto
2022 110 250D XS

Last edited by jomara on 7th Jul 2023 11:11am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #998514 4th Jul 2023 10:45am
LR Nuts

As long as it works and doesn't change much of what I use ........ I don't care Laughing
Post #998527 4th Jul 2023 11:47am
Tim in Scotland

One thing I have noticed that is missing on my IDD Analogue Dials dash is that unlike the TFT screen in my 2020 110 First Edition is I don’t get the 4x4 Info screen between the dials that I got with the TFT screen which is disappointing when you are off-road and cannot directly see in front of you what the diffs are doing or which wheels have lost traction, I have to look left to the PiviPro Screen.
Another thing that I wish that the software guys would do is to allow permanent disablement of the audible parking sensors - you can silence it in the surround cam view but it automatically resets so the nest dangling blade of grass in front of the car will trigger the audible peeping again……… Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #998533 4th Jul 2023 12:23pm
J77

Scotland 
I have the analogue dials, so nothing there of much use. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #998541 4th Jul 2023 1:57pm
Co1

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Loire Blue
Tim in Scotland wrote:
One thing I have noticed that is missing on my IDD Analogue Dials dash is that unlike the TFT screen in my 2020 110 First Edition is I don’t get the 4x4 Info screen between the dials that I got with the TFT screen which is disappointing when you are off-road and cannot directly see in front of you what the diffs are doing or which wheels have lost traction, I have to look left to the PiviPro Screen.
Another thing that I wish that the software guys would do is to allow permanent disablement of the audible parking sensors - you can silence it in the surround cam view but it automatically resets so the nest dangling blade of grass in front of the car will trigger the audible peeping again………

That’s interesting Tim, I’ve got the analogue dials and I do get the 4x4 info!!
Post #998608 4th Jul 2023 6:50pm
Tim in Scotland

It isn’t even an option in the menu in the I screen! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #998626 4th Jul 2023 7:56pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
I haven't even got 3.3.3 yet so God knows when I'll get 4 Confused Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #998660 5th Jul 2023 12:32am
J77

Scotland 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
It isn’t even an option in the menu in the I screen!

Nothing on mine either. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #998695 5th Jul 2023 11:30am
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Will this apply to all those right hand drive cars in Albania….. Whistle
Post #998699 5th Jul 2023 11:58am
J77

Scotland 
Apparently an Apple CarPlay map

Click image to enlarge
 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #998702 5th Jul 2023 12:08pm
Retroanaconda

Scotland 
Good to see this feature, but it’s a shame they’ve limited it to Apple Maps for iPhones. I don’t know of anyone who uses Apple Maps Laughing

Hopefully in the future it will be supported with a combination of iPhone and Google maps and other navigation software.
Post #998706 5th Jul 2023 12:49pm
J77

Scotland 
I’ve never used either, prefer the cars own system. So far it’s done well. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #998709 5th Jul 2023 1:05pm
Moo

Ukraine 
Retroanaconda wrote:
Good to see this feature, but it’s a shame they’ve limited it to Apple Maps for iPhones. I don’t know of anyone who uses Apple Maps Laughing

Hopefully in the future it will be supported with a combination of iPhone and Google maps and other navigation software.

I use Apple Maps alongside others. Never have an issue. However, I don't get on with the car's sat nav.

This is a good upgrade. Thumbs Up Eiger Grey MY23 D250 SE with bits. Known as Noddy.
Post #998710 5th Jul 2023 1:15pm
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
Initially I never used Apple Maps, always Google. Then I tried it and found out I preferred it. If you have a route set it even shows things like traffic lights. It’s now my map of choice 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #998741 5th Jul 2023 5:46pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
J77 wrote:
I’ve never used either, prefer the cars own system. So far it’s done well.

I agree with you here, i just don't get on with Google maps when using the wife's Velar.

However i did read last year that one of the manufactures (cant remember which) was going over to Apple / Google maps so that they didn't have to keep producing their own and keeping it up to date. I guess others will follow.

Another nail for those people that don't want a smart phone

Just out of interest i can use Gaia maps via Android on Privi Pro. I only have the free subscription so its not as good as Memory Map, but this could be a good alternative to MM for off road use if you pay the full price, though best to check with someone else first so that you don't waste your money.

Thumbs Up
Post #998743 5th Jul 2023 5:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>