↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > 2020 Defender questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Brucemknx

Australia 1996 Defender 110 300 Tdi SW Caledonian Blue
Thanks Zilch, but until we see the same obstacles tackled by it's competitors, we really don't know how good it is. I go to the Caradvice website in Australia a lot. They buy cars at retail price and use them for many different tests, including long term ownership tests. Maybe it's just me, but I thought this vehicle was iconic enough for them, or a similar mob, to be first in the customer queue. I guess I'll keep on waiting... but I'm genuinely hopeful it will compare well against all comers. Cheers, Bruce.
Post #836059 9th Jun 2020 8:26am
Tim in Scotland

Even in the UK, due to c-19 all car dealerships have been closed by law and that was only relaxed in the last 2-3 weeks in England but they aren’t allowed to open yet in the 3 other nations with devolved governments. Also the slightly relaxed lockdown in England allowed people to travel any distance FOR EXERCISE only, not offroad driving...... In the other 3 home nations our lockdown only allows travel 5 miles from home again only for exercise or essential medical trips and essential shopping. None of the magazines or video channels in the UK would want to be seen in any way to be abusing even the grey areas of the rules so there are no comparisons yet. It is also difficult for testers to social distance (2m here) inside a car. I have purchased a new car during lock down, I had a timed slot of 15 minutes to Test drive the Black Gangsta Edition D200 SE I posted in the main thread and while I had to meet the salesman to get the keys that is the only face to face contact I’ve had - everything has been done online and the car will be handed over on Friday with no sitting in the car with the salesman for a handover or anything like that.

Below is what will be handed over on Friday afternoon and is from the dealership stock of cars so only 9 days from
‘order” to delivery. It has tow pack, tow assist and Secure-Pro factory options. I wanted the e-diff but it seems most people buying don’t request that so dealers don’t order it for stock vehicles

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #836074 9th Jun 2020 9:14am
Brucemknx

Australia 1996 Defender 110 300 Tdi SW Caledonian Blue
Hey Tim, that colour combination is possibly the best I have seen - looks great. I guess I have no idea what life must be like over there. We have been incredibly fortunate - 102 deaths in the whole country, and free to do anything we want here in Western Australia (except cross the border). Have you thought about removing that weird square off the rear side window to see how it looks?
Post #836089 9th Jun 2020 9:53am
Tim in Scotland

No point in removing it as I hides the rear body side and roof strength beam........... that’s why the alpine windows are so small on the inside - the beam goes through between them. Would prefer it to be body coloured that a huge black square on a different body colour. Might work on aS black on a white bodied one and certainly on a black car with privacy glass as you hardly see it. On the 110 I actually quite like it when you see it in the flesh. The special storage bins on the inside though are basically wide elastic bands.......... could be a good place to stow my first aid kit on one side and fire extinguisher on the other.
Black on everything, Gangsta/ Drug Baron Edition
The interior of mine is Acorn, liked the Ebony too but the cars they had in stock with the ebony interior all had the Oyster (read brilliant white) headlining, I’m afraid for me if the rest is ebony then the roof lining needs to match it and be ebony too, not an issue being all black with the First Edition like mine as the panoramic roof is standard and let’s loads of light into the cabin.

Click image to enlarge

What’s at the back , on the inside, of the Signature Styling box - this is a blow up of the picture from the configurator, not my own car

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #836097 9th Jun 2020 11:00am
indo

United States 
Some pics working backwards from current to at pickup. Waiting on the Kahn wheels and some tires.
Post #836911 13th Jun 2020 3:21am
indo

United States 
Some pics working backwards from current to at pickup. Waiting on the Kahn wheels and some tires.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #836913 13th Jun 2020 3:25am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Has that been wrapped?
Post #836914 13th Jun 2020 5:51am
Tim in Scotland

Is that done with the satin clear wrap from the factory or have you had it matte black wrapped by a 3rd party? Also does the expedition roof rack create much wind noise on the move - I’ve been really impressed with the lack of wind noise/flutter even around the mirrors on my car at motorway speeds, this is a particularly quiet car even with the Diesel engine Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #836915 13th Jun 2020 5:55am
apt100

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
The second picture looks much better than the first, in my opinion Thumbs Up Suits it much better than the shiny black. The arches suit better as well.
Post #836952 13th Jun 2020 10:18am
J77

Scotland 
The wrap definitely looks better than all shiny black Thumbs Up
Post #836956 13th Jun 2020 10:56am
indo

United States 
Thx all. The roof rack definitely is louder. So far, we’re happy with it and the light enhancements. As for the wrap, it’s xpel stealth (satin clear) film
Post #836981 13th Jun 2020 1:23pm
Arkaig

Scotland 
Hi, regarding the Defender 90 - does anyone know or can explain why a full-size sliding panoramic tinted glass roof is only available on a 90 Defender X, whereas only a folding fabric roof is available to order on any of the lesser Defender 90 models. I much prefer glass to fabric.
Post #840090 27th Jun 2020 7:06pm
J77

Scotland 
Because Land Rover said so!

Other than that I’ve no idea.
Post #840097 27th Jun 2020 7:40pm
Arkaig

Scotland 
Indeed on the 90 Defender X, the glass roof is a no-cost option, whereas a folding fabric roof is available as an additional £305 cost option. I much prefer a glass roof to a fabric roof, believing they are warmer, drier, more durable and secure. It just seems odd not to be able to specify a glass roof on any of the other 90 models.
Post #840116 27th Jun 2020 9:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12