Home > Puma (Tdci) > My New Defender!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 10 <12345678910>
Print this entire topic · 
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Continentals Dan.....should last me 10 years Laughing

Thanks for the comments folks. The family is making the most of it, we did a gentle short green lane to end up for a pint in Brockham this evening to celebrate (forgot the camera Rolling Eyes ) the kids like sitting in the back seats with the second row folded down.

Elektras new home. Bit of a squeeze, I have to exit through the rear door Shocked

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #68818 27th Apr 2011 6:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
warren

England 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Santorini Black
Congratulations Zag! She looks awesome! Thumbs Up
Post #68839 27th Apr 2011 9:18pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Just a note - the diamond wheels (all of them) apparently are notoriously difficult to repair and will never (after damage) be 100% perfect, which is why we deselected them on the range rover.

So look after them. Mike
Post #68868 27th Apr 2011 11:11pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Most harm is done by the aggressive alloy cleaners that will strip off any lacquer or protective coating in no time at all. Many of the body shampoos are similar - you really have to check the contents. Also many polishes are abrasive - one to watch out for on paper thin paint Shocked

I use Dove whith added moisturiser Rolling with laughter

(Wheels were wiped down yesterday with water and an alloy wheel wax sprayed on Thumbs Up )
Post #68885 28th Apr 2011 7:41am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Higgers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
I use Muc Off - sorts out break dust and dead flys, and shouldn't be aggressive like acid wheel cleaners.
Post #68902 28th Apr 2011 9:58am
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Only a few of the autoglym range is abrasive - so look into that - the top end 2 protectors arent abrasive and are semi-permanent (although for body) their wheel protector/cleaner also isnt abrasive Mike
Post #68903 28th Apr 2011 9:59am
FLINTSTONE

Australia 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Zermatt Silver
Rust Protection
Congrats Zagato,

Mate never driven on salt roads.
Done a lot of driving on the beach though.
Electronic Rust protection does the trick here. We've had it on our truck since 98 with no problems. (No Rust)
It works, Surf Lifesaving Clubs express there satisfaction with the product.
If you want to keep your baby in good nick until you cark it, then put this on, it's good.

Maybe it is different there but i can't see the it, salt roads verse beach???

Enjoy your Fender.
Post #69094 30th Apr 2011 1:07pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Cheers Flinty Thumbs Up

Gave her the first wash down and polish then put the tow equipment on and Safari Equipment bumperettes. The bumperettes are £165 Shocked but thy are a good bit of kit and galvanised - shame they don't supply the right bolts for them Mad

Finally on now and should protect the corners from my wife's reversing shunts....... Sad IF she is ever allowed to drive it Wink

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #69101 30th Apr 2011 4:44pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
I was hoping the winch bumper would arrive today so I could put this on this evening....... Time to fire up the barby and have a beer instead Thumbs Up

Post #69102 30th Apr 2011 5:00pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
mse wrote:
Only a few of the autoglym range is abrasive - so look into that - the top end 2 protectors arent abrasive and are semi-permanent (although for body) their wheel protector/cleaner also isnt abrasive

I don't use Autoglym Mike Confused
Post #69104 30th Apr 2011 5:13pm
BigMike

United Kingdom 
Which winch bumper are you going for zag? And do you want to sell your standard one?
Post #69108 30th Apr 2011 5:48pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
It was a toss up between the First Four shadow one and the Devon4x4 which Gigglepin also recommended. I have gone with the latter as it looks the most standard and not so big BUT I haven't seen one in the flesh just going by pictures.......

Mike I am going to keep my bumper just in case the winch doesn't get used much for work and I can swap them around if needed - It wouldn't be of any use to you - It's rusty already Rolling Eyes

Chris

Post #69113 30th Apr 2011 6:20pm
BigMike

United Kingdom 
It's very similar to mine, though mine is a little cheaper which is already showing by the paint coming off it which I've written to the supplier about.
Post #69116 30th Apr 2011 6:32pm
Jammer600

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Tonga Green
In your list of to do's, pant rear cross member with p bla bla, what is this? I was guns just undercoat and mat black spray it then maybe laquer? A good polish is carnuba wax, completely non abrasive!!
Post #69142 30th Apr 2011 10:01pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Eh! do what Jammer Confused If you are asking about POR- 15 check out Frosts.co.uk website it has the low down on it. Sounds like you already have a handle on dealing with your cross-member anyway - each to their own Thumbs Up
Post #69143 30th Apr 2011 10:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 10 <12345678910>