Home > In Car Electronics > OEM Central locking
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Lew-M

England 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
OEM Central locking
Hi there,

I'm looking to retrofit central locking to my 2012 90, however I am keen to go down the factory route as apposed to aftermarket if possible. I was wondering whether anyone would be able to help me with the parts I need to source. Am I right in thinking I would need, actuators, push bars, and an upgraded 10AS box? And all wiring should be existing hidden in the dash/a post area already?

Where would be the best place to source these items?breakers? Also, once installed, would it need programming to alarm so this fob operated both, or would the control box sort this automatically? Sorry for all the questions, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Lew
Post #543693 26th Jun 2016 10:19pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Breakers would probably be your best bet, actuators etc I believe new are very expensive.
Post #543699 26th Jun 2016 10:32pm
Clive

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 X-Tech LE Zambezi Silver
If you're handy with a soldering iron, or know someone who is, you can modify your existing 10AS by the simple addition of a couple of additional parts, the only difference is an extra relay and a VDR which are sometimes available on eBay as a kit for a few quid.

You will then need to code the 10AS to activate the locking function using a Nanocom Evo or similar diagnostic device. You would need this anyway if you're replacing the unit unless you can get one that's already coded and comes with the correct keyfob. Even then the new unit will need to be synced to the engine ECU.
Post #543789 27th Jun 2016 9:55am
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Unlikely that the wiring will already be there unfortunately
Post #543790 27th Jun 2016 9:56am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
huffhuff

United Kingdom 2001 Defender 90 Td5 HT Java Black
You will need to cable it all I think. I went with aftermarket, not had a problem yet...

If your 10AS isn't the right model (AMR6431, AMR4896, YWC106270, YWC500660 are basic models that don't include central locking relay), you will need to add a couple of components. I got them from this guy on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/technozen_electronics for £7.99 (however, he doesn't currently list the kit - message him and explain what you want)

Good luck... TD5 Defender 90
Discovery 3 HSE
Post #543826 27th Jun 2016 11:31am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1