↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Defender Celebration Series & Classic Works > Adventure Edition Order
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
YOLO110

Australia 
"Finally, a build date for my tango 90 ADV!!

Build date 6/11/15, complete 12/11/15, delivery to dealer 20/11!"

Thats very precise! Smile

Why are there so many others who have not even a general date! Shocked YOLO... You Only Live Once...
Post #437362 13th Jul 2015 8:40am
Is Vic There

Australia 
With that delivery time frame I take it you're having yours delivered to the UK, my build date it 24th July so four months in between them, yours must be one of the very last ones!
Post #437379 13th Jul 2015 10:08am
APK

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 Adventure Corris Grey
[quote="jk84"]Hello there,

Hope this gets you going:

2) Good brands are Tracker and Cobra, but don't just go for a basic one such as Monitor from Tracker, get the more advanced one which automatically recognizes when your truck is being tampered with. It's worth not to save on a tracker (my personal opinion). Get your alarm/immo upgraded to Cat1. Ideal would be to get all installed by a good electrician who can place your tracker at an 'unusual' location. Secure your bonnet with secured hinges or wire attached to engine, and fill your door bolts with ball bearings or paste.

3) Definitely do anti-corrosion prevention - Chris (Zagato) a forum sponsor is the best in this area, send him a PM.

4) Not worth it I think, it's a Defender, not a Merc Wink

5) GAP is good, gives you that extra piece of mind. Search online though, I paid cca 150 pa for 25k cover.

I'm sure you get some comments on other points. Good luck![/quote]

Thank you for all the advice. Got in touch with Chris. Cheers.
Post #437642 14th Jul 2015 12:19pm
APK

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 Adventure Corris Grey
[quote="GREENI"]Just in response to your doors...a tracker won't help, though stainless cap screws on the hinge hardware and a ball bearing knocked in afterwards will stop the feckers....

Go for a Skytag...FCX supply and fit.[/quote]

Thank you! Will check it out. Very Happy
Post #437643 14th Jul 2015 12:21pm
flintymutt

United Kingdom 
I'm just about to cancel my order for a 110 Adventure in Corris grey (colour still able to change) but before I do does anyone want to take it on? Build slot is for 5th Oct.
Post #439063 20th Jul 2015 10:29am
Mr Fox

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
I notice in some of the photos, including the ones from Goodwood, the Adventure has a tow bar fitted, has this been confirmed as part of the final spec or is it a dealer-fit option?
Post #441077 28th Jul 2015 4:32pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Autocar review
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/first-...-uk-review

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

The reviewer is obviously not a fan of Defenders, but his conclusion seems logical:

"Even so, of the three Defender run-out editions, the Adventure seems to make the least sense. While the Heritage offers a possible future collectability, and the Autobiography a level of luxury never before seen in a Defender, the Adventure is essentially a Defender with leather seats and some accessories thrown in.

It might make more sense to buy a standard XS, add the relevant accessories, stop pretending this is anything other than an honest, simple workhorse and skip the leather seats, and save yourself a heap of cash in the process. Of course, for the 600 people who'll inevitably clamber over each other for one, that would be missing the point."
Post #442118 1st Aug 2015 9:20am
familymad

2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
That seems to be what the buyers are saying with Adventures still available to buy but XS's like hen's teeth and the other celebrations sold out long time ago. 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #442138 1st Aug 2015 10:55am
familymad

You can add options like privacy and tow bar 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #442139 1st Aug 2015 10:56am
Mr Fox

familymad wrote:
That seems to be what the buyers are saying with Adventures still available to buy but XS's like hen's teeth and the other celebrations sold out long time ago.

There aren't many adventures left unsold, afaik and based on calling around; however, they also made 200 more than the Heritage and 500 more than the Autobiography, so I don't believe it is a fair comparison. The Heritage was priced well but the lack of XS spec and colour combination put off some buyers. The Adventure also has elements that could turn off potential buyers (roof rack, RAI) and the Autobiography was priced at a level where you'd have to REALLY want one.

From a personal perspective, I like that the Advenutre is offered in a unique colour: Phoenix Orange. Other than the power increase, front grill, special wheels and the underbody protection, the rest are bits you could have fitted to any new build. Could JLR done more for a run out model: yes; however, that wouldn't make a lot of business sense given production was ending.

One thing I have learned with cars is that if you sweat each penny you loose on them, you should never buy new and should avoid changing your car at all. I'm yet to find a niche/quirky/different car that I can truly justify any other way than heart and want and any Defender is defiantly: niche, quirky, different and far from the best road going 4WD you can purchase.
Post #442148 1st Aug 2015 11:42am
familymad

Don't get me wrong, I love the thing. If it had been £35-40k I would have had one but can't justify the extra over a landmark or my spec XS. Also the NFU don't knock 5% off limited editions! 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #442157 1st Aug 2015 1:13pm
Mr Fox

At £35k it would have been a steal, at £40k a reasonable deal and at £43k, IMHO, it is priced so that the customer is paying for each option and probably a bit of premium model mark up.

The Autobiography suffers from the above even more but as per my earlier comments, unless you use the Defender in a commercial application, they will always be heart over head choices. Hell, I'd argue that there are better 4WD vehicles to use commercially as well! Wink

My point is that I don't disagree with your perspective but this is man-logic and when does logic ever come into that! Mr. Green

As for the Auto Car journalist IMHO, his lack of product knowledge is apparent. Comments like "a level of luxury never seen in a Defender before" are glaringly incorrect, as are the Adventure being an XS with options thrown at it. Yes, the standard items are but as discussed previously: colour, engine tune, wheels, grill and a few small Heritage parts are all unique to the vehicle. They may be small, they may not add up to the difference but his synopsis isn't factual.
Post #442212 1st Aug 2015 4:35pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Dis the journo for what he says by all means but not for somethin he didn't say Rolling Eyes

AM94 wrote:
as are the Adventure being an XS with options thrown at it.

He actually said "the Adventure is essentially a Defender with leather seats and some accessories thrown in."

Reference to the XS model was "It might make more sense to buy a standard XS, add the relevant accessories, stop pretending this is anything other..."

Not the same at all.

Not sure why his product knowledge is off - unless you are having a pop at JLR also - hasn't the Autobiography been described by them in similar terms?
Post #442221 1st Aug 2015 5:04pm
Mr Fox

I was paraphrasing his comment:

"the Adventure is essentially a Defender with leather seats and some accessories thrown in"

The XS has leather seats, hence 'the Adventure is an XS with some accessories thrown in'. I didn't quote him, hence it wasn't directly attributed to him nor was it verbatim.

Furthermore, he does go on to say, as you quoted:

"It might make more sense to buy a standard XS, add the relevant accessories, stop pretending this is anything other than an honest, simple workhorse and skip the leather seats, and save yourself a heap of cash in the process."

Again, reference to the XS.

Lastly, you didn't quote this part, which does round out his view:

"As mentioned, you'll have to be quick. But I'd wager that if you're in the market for one and you're aware of the downsides of running a Defender, you won't give a hoot. If you intend to use it properly, the Adventure will be a faithful servant, and throw in a little luxury for good measure."

As for having a pop at JLR, no, I think what they have done makes perfect business sense and anyone in their place would (should) do the same. The one area they have messed up, IMHO, is the various specs of the press cars. This has caused confusion with some potential owners.
Post #442225 1st Aug 2015 5:27pm
Mr Fox

Supacat wrote:

Not sure why his product knowledge is off

...because there has been a relatively extensive marketplace, for some time, for luxurious Defenders. Countless companies have offered them and even JLR has provided the via SV.
Post #442228 1st Aug 2015 5:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>