↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Theiving Bast**ds
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
NigelM

United Kingdom 
Cuthbert,

The dog is a hunting dog, and my mate. We play together on a regular basis all over the country. Grouse, Pheasant, Partridge, Deer, Game Keeping duties, foxes etc. He's amazing. Lives in the house and it's there I want to keep him, close in case someone breaks into the house, as the family are far more important that the tractors. And he's more important than the Tractors as well!

I farm, and have a lot of mates who have "Yard Dogs". Two have been poisoned in the last couple of years and then the thieving bast**ds have come back a few days later and had the tractors. I wouldn't want to do that to a dog.
Post #383230 29th Dec 2014 11:30pm
steve E

Wales 
My Border Collie Ralph is my buddy also and far too important to risk.
I hope things can get back to normal ASAP for you and wish you and your family a very happy new year.
Post #383234 29th Dec 2014 11:34pm
NigelM

United Kingdom 
Thank you Steve.
Post #383236 29th Dec 2014 11:37pm
NigelM

United Kingdom 
A picture of my "mate", just to take my mind off the subject in question of course....

Click image to enlarge
Post #383242 29th Dec 2014 11:53pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
NigelM wrote:

I farm, and have a lot of mates who have "Yard Dogs". Two have been poisoned in the last couple of years and then the thieving bast**ds have come back a few days later and had the tractors. I wouldn't want to do that to a dog.

Cats are the targets own here, why I don't know.
Either poisoned usually antifreeze intentionally or simply stolen and in numbers too. Confused
Post #383261 30th Dec 2014 12:38am
Buccaneer

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Atlantis Blue
Security of a different nature is kind of my thing.

It is all about layers - in my case its about layers that will delay people from killing me and the people i look after. At the end of the day no security system or number of layers will prevent people stealing your things/stop them trying to kill the people i work with. What you can do is make your location appear more difficult and let them go pick on the guy down the road who hasn't taken as much care. The Rules:-
1 Buccaneer comes back alive.
2 Chicks dig scars.

GB260
Post #383281 30th Dec 2014 5:28am
ian series 1

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Bonatti Grey
NigelM wrote:
Thanks for all the kind words.

Brendan, I too today have wondered why we have a Police Force. Is a burglary really not worth their time to attend? What am I actually paying for?

They will not come out for burglary, they don't come out for hare coursing or Censored ripping round the wheat fields or racing round the lanes.

They do get very interested when it comes to firearm renewal time or when I want a new foxing or deer rifle and I bet they would get super interested if the Censored who broke into the barns came into the house and nicked the guns - and it would be me who lost the firearms licence as a result.

And if I did catch the Censored in the act steeling my property and dared to threaten them with a gun, again, I bet it would be me who lost his licence and got punished.

Something is very wrong.

Still, it's the country we chose to live in. It does have it's good points.

Rant over.

Classic case of the police showing no interest,

A friend of mine shoots on land very close to where i live, he and the game keeper are always getting into scrapes with people hare coursing, when they see suspect activity they always call the police.

One night in September they had a Subaru acting suspiciously around the estate, so the called the police, who came out.
what followed was a chase across farm land, the Subaru managed to loose the police but was later found having the drivers side wheel ripped off due to smashing through a locked gate and hitting the post.

Meanwhile 10 mins down the road the police had stopped 3 men walking (in the middle of no where) all very muddy!!!!!
When asked what they were doing at 11.30pm at night they simply said "we are walking home from the pub!!"
Nearest pub is 9 miles away!! police said "ok ...on your way then" simple as that!

But the strangest thing is after a few days, they actually came back and removed the car!!!
It was dragged off the land by another 4wd through a hedge and onto the roadside, and went into thin air.

Turns out the Subaru was involved in stealing a number of trailers in the area!

Nothing more was ever said or done, the police were not interested in the car that was left!

Quite sad really. 80" 80" 86" 88" 90"

Wanted, Forward Control Anything considered.
Post #383292 30th Dec 2014 9:35am
Mac87

England 
Sorry to hear this! Know how it feels having had the farm targeted a few times. Once while they were nicking batteries off the machines they cut all the hydraulic pipes just to be extra fudging annoying. Echo what's been said before, that they will possibly be back once the things have been replaced, luckily I noticed them coming the second time. Even had front weights off a tractor nicked, £150 in scrap money but over £1500 to replace! A week before Christmas a horse box was stolen from one farm, taken 5 miles away where they nicked a JD Gator and put it in the horse box, along with a few gas bottles, then off and did in the local farm shop and nicked all the turkeys!

Have to say our local rural police unit have been very helpful, when they're out and about at night they pull into the yard and have a quick look round / act as a visible deterrent. Also fitted a CCTV system for us FOC for a few months. Also do the text messaging warning of suspicious vehicles in particular areas etc. Their advice also was to bin the 'Warning CCTV' signs as they'll see them and put the balaclavas on.
Post #383308 30th Dec 2014 10:54am
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Dogs are still the best deterrent. I have two Border Collies that are kept inside but at the slightest noise they both bark like mad I have no letterboxes so nothing can be shoved through them to make the dogs quite!
All the outbuildings have alarms and CCTV.
Post #383345 30th Dec 2014 1:19pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
I'm sorry to hear about this, all to familiar I'm afraid Confused

We had a pair of winches stolen from a challenge truck - bolt the stable door etc. but now have wifi CCTV, lighting, new fencing and even a dog !

The Police around here were very good in all fairness and we now have a 'hotline' that puts us through to a local officers private house Thumbs Up
Post #383348 30th Dec 2014 1:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JimboD3

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 HT Bonatti Grey
Thieving scrotes - not sure exactly where you are in the South, but my mate has his '60 plate LWB Sprinter thieved from outside his house last night (near Hertford)........no details yet, but seems like it just disappeared into the night sometime between midnight and 10am !

It really is about time the law stepped up to the mark - if you're proven guilty, you are guilty, end of........get banged up in some hell hole for several months/years, fed once a day on bread and stale water.........they do it in other countries - so why not in the UK !! Td5 110 HD Hardtop.......not quite standard Smile
Post #383382 30th Dec 2014 4:57pm
barbel jim

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 HT Tonga Green
Fel your pain. Been there a few times unfortunately, including the front door being kicked in Rolling Eyes
They did the livery yard behind us back on the 17th. Nicked next doors mower and barrow to boot. I walked around, including a couple of neighbours and all seemed ok. A neighbour went to his shed today and it was bare Shocked not only had they broke in but also resucured the door on the way out ! I think we've been really lucky (for a change). Regardless more lights and new pictures of kit taken.
Post #383405 30th Dec 2014 6:07pm
steventheplumber

England 1987 Defender 90 200 Tdi HT Keswick Green
When I lived in London I was working in Golders Green. Standing at the back of my van sorting out materials for the job, a car pulled up next to the van I had an odd feeling about it. Looked round at the people in it and watched the passenger still in the car try to use a dent puller to open the side door. The three of them looked at me as though how dare I disturb them when I kicked the wing. Then they drove off, gave the reg number to police. Nothing not I sausage, car not on system.
Post #383549 31st Dec 2014 8:35am
munch90

England 
its not so much the police its the cps not handing out proper sentences , police do the leg work and the cps give out a pathtic sentence

and a lot of police officers are sick of it too , some are getting the why should I bother when the cps will let them go anyway attitude
Post #383554 31st Dec 2014 8:56am
Buccaneer

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Atlantis Blue
We do things a little different in The Kabubble....

My senior Afghan parks his car outside the villa. He is of the mindset that no one in their right mind would steal anything from him. A couple of days ago one of the local ne'er do wells decided to have it away with his hub caps. Sadly for said miscreant we had it on the CCTV and could identify him from the usual characters we see around our area. Next time he passed by the CCTV operator alerted by senior man who went out and gave the chap an educational speech reference return of hub caps, what the future might hold for someone who didn't return them and a time frame of the next 30 minutes and a brief period of percussion adjustment to the chaps head. Needless to say the hub caps were returned. My senior chap is hard as they come, truly scary, stand up and kill every one in the room type of guy... i know him and like him but hellfire i wouldn't cross him. The Rules:-
1 Buccaneer comes back alive.
2 Chicks dig scars.

GB260
Post #383555 31st Dec 2014 9:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>