↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > minor paint warranty work
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
True Steve E but as stated their hands are tied by the stringent rules applied by Land Rover. The bodyshop I use are not solely Land Rover and admit they themselves would perhaps do things differently.

Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #308299 15th Feb 2014 1:56pm
steve E

Wales 
I meant more about it not being a great experience full stop.
job done badly first time, good second time but damaged my spare wheel and scratched spare wheel holder.
eventually sorted after taking lots of time off work and driving a fiesta for two weeks. Laughing

for me I'd now rather pay a really good bodyshop to look after my defenders
as the paint warranty is a waste of time if it cant be done properly. Time off against cost of repair doesn't add up.

I know we pay a fair amount for the cars and the warranty should be used but to everyone else its just a car and they dont understand that it needs to be right and spot on all then time Rolling with laughter
Post #308307 15th Feb 2014 2:13pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Embarassed

Misunderstood/misread your post sorry. From my experience the waste of time came into being when it had to be done a second time a year later as it couldn't be done thoroughly under the repair rules. Same principle though and same result....'time wasted.' I would use mine again though as they do take pride in what they do, embrace customer opinions and suggestions and even took up the baton when Land Rover had said "No!" They also carry repairs out on many different marques.

Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #308312 15th Feb 2014 2:21pm
steve E

Wales 
Think you got a good one there Mal Thumbs Up

Im one of those people that doesnt care about cost but I have expectations for my bucks.

This flaw in my life plan seems to arise more and more as I get older Laughing

Ill be happier once the 110 is out of warranty and I can use my trusted indy for servicing etc.
Post #308315 15th Feb 2014 2:28pm
SailingTom

United Kingdom 
Hi Guys should of been a bit clearer Mal
Its Steves point I agree with, they in no way had their hands tied by land rover, who have been great to me!
Purely the Sh Censored t service from the independent painters they use, ive now spent the afternoon t cutting marks off it, and my paint pot to touch up the little chips they made on one bit along with having to basically refit the bits they took off myself!
Its not on really when you think a defender is still a cheaper (but expensive) land rover product compared to if it was say a new Range Rover and you would still be led on with there rubbish and appalling service.
If I do ever have any other paint work, ill be refusing it if its them! Wont be an issue though as in terms of time it would be cheaper to pay out of your own pocket. At least then a smaller painters who might care will get some business instead of incompetent large firms
Thumbs Up Defender puma dormobile camper
Post #308336 15th Feb 2014 3:38pm
steve E

Wales 
Tom
I would not be happy sorting that stuff out after they caused the chips/damage.

I think they just see what they can get away with. Shocked

They couldnt even put the rear land rover badge back in the correct place on mine.

send them a bill for your time at £100 per hour Thumbs Up
Post #308341 15th Feb 2014 3:53pm
SailingTom

United Kingdom 
I'll be phoning lookers to inform them next week
The option I was given was leave it and they can sort it. The problem with that though is they dont seem to be capable and that will end up as another week, which when the car is for sale for my next one has allready put one person off, who could of been tempted.

On a separate note when I went to collect it today I hit a curb with the courtesy car and bent the wheel avoiding a stupid Dog that ran out aswell. So I have to pay for that, which is fair though. Bit of a bad day on the whole and should of ran the dam thing over (would have been cheaper too Laughing ) Defender puma dormobile camper
Post #308344 15th Feb 2014 4:01pm
steve E

Wales 
Tom
you seem to have the same outlook as myself.

smile at the world and the world smiles back.

If you can keep on laughing there's no need to sweat the small stuff.

Good luck with the sale and I look forward to seeing what you get next Thumbs Up
Post #308353 15th Feb 2014 4:12pm
barbel jim

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 HT Tonga Green
steve E wrote:

Im one of those people that doesnt care about cost but I have expectations for my bucks.

This flaw in my life plan seems to arise more and more as I get older Laughing

a big + 1 from me Thumbs Up Unfortunately most of society accepts 'that will do 'attitude, both suppliers and consumers. I recently purchased a used car for the wife, I pointed out a scratch on the passenger door that I wanted sorting,which he agreed too and we duly purchased the car. After a week necessary to allow the repair, my wife collected the car......... still with the same scratch Banging Head Censored Censored I rang him and quote " but its a used car, what do you expect " needless to say he got both barrels, and the wife's new car is scatch free, but why ???? Just do as you'd promised for the price agreed then were all happy !!!!!
Post #308363 15th Feb 2014 4:47pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
SailingTom wrote:
All in all I cant stress what a bad experience I had with them, still you learn and at least I've got it back now.

Any correspondence with Mike@LandRover ("Let me know how it goes, if you have any issues just let me know. ")?
Post #308462 15th Feb 2014 11:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12