↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > White Roofs - Opinions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
Cuthbert

Martyn wrote:
Apologies firstly for asking a different question in the thread, but it is related.

Can you order an XS something and get it with a white standard roof? Or, do you need to get a base model and spec it up to get a white roof?

I'm thinking a 110 Utility XS in Keswick green with a white roof ??? Classic. Bow down

If that is what you really desire - you could get a bodyshop to respray your roof white - not exactly a difficult job. Another approach might be to get it vinyl wrapped and if you change your mind - peel it off?
Post #279917 6th Nov 2013 12:08am
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
I looked into exactly this. This easiest way is to order an XS all in Keswick Green and get the dealer to spray the roof white. My dealers quote for painting it white was actually slightly less than a factory contrast roof!
Post #279920 6th Nov 2013 12:21am
farmer giles

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Cairns Blue
or you could buy a base model 110 utility and load it up with options - i would be interested to see how it compares in cost.

my base model cost £25k including vat and it has a/c, cold climate, convenience, tinted glass, stereo pack (now replaced) and NAS step (other bits added later).
Post #279969 6th Nov 2013 10:10am
22900013A

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Keswick Green
Jeremy @ Hadley Green LR wrote:
Have a look at Dan Wardens 110, Keswick with a white roof utility spec'ed just nicely and looks just right. He has a thread on here somewhere

Thanks for the plug Jeremy, although I doubt my name means much to most people. Laughing I'm a number, not a free man! I was just thinking a photo of mine would probably be appreciated here as I was reading the thread.

Click image to enlarge

Although a base spec, the only thing lacking when compared to an XS is the leather seats and carpets, and nor does it have that silly silver grille. I wasn't the first to have a keswick USW with HD rims and a while roof, but nor was I the last... :thumbsup:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2011 110 USW
1973 Series III 1-Ton
1972 Series III 1-Ton Cherrypicker
1969 IIA 1-Ton
1966 IIA 88"
Post #279982 6th Nov 2013 11:08am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JeremyJ

United Kingdom 
Can you imagine how embarrassed I would be if I'd got the chassis number wrong! And I bet most people don't what it means! Wink
Post #279989 6th Nov 2013 11:29am
Hock

England 1995 Defender 110 300 Tdi PU Rioja Red
I'm one for the white roof Thumbs Up I was going to change mine but I like the retro look Cool

Click image to enlarge
Post #279995 6th Nov 2013 11:41am
22900013A

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Keswick Green
Jeremy @ Hadley Green LR wrote:
Can you imagine how embarrassed I would be if I'd got the chassis number wrong! And I bet most people don't what it means! Wink

Hmm, I wonder, maybe some do! 2011 110 USW
1973 Series III 1-Ton
1972 Series III 1-Ton Cherrypicker
1969 IIA 1-Ton
1966 IIA 88"
Post #280008 6th Nov 2013 1:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cuthbert

Hock wrote:
I'm one for the white roof Thumbs Up I was going to change mine but I like the retro look Cool

Click image to enlarge

I suppose it has a functional purpose as well. If you head off onto that moorland in the darkness and sink into a bog - the rescue helicopter will easily spot your vehicle from 5000 feet up .............. There you are, a fine blend of style and substance, form and function, as the architect in the black polo necked sweater and suede shoes might say.
Post #280200 6th Nov 2013 10:49pm
sib

I'm after one too ! A 110 either utility or fully glazed, Keswick green, white wolfs, MTR's, white roof, aircon, convenience pack. I think best to build up from base spec.
Jeremy is bound to do us a "group buy" superlative deal on these !!!!!!! C'mon Jezza....

Sib Sib
Bath UK
1952 80 inch
1973 88 inch
2018 Morgan plus 4 narrow body
Post #280410 7th Nov 2013 8:58pm
JeremyJ

United Kingdom 
I'm on it!!

We had the panoramic roof shortage on Sport and RR, we'll be having a white roof shortage on Defender soon!! Laughing
Post #280415 7th Nov 2013 9:20pm
AlexPuma42

England 
i love my white roof

My Land Rover mite be a 'poor mans' version but i use my defender as a utility vehicle wether it be pulling cars trailers or shifting anything that will fit in it to takin me and the mrs 300 miles down south - i wouldn't change it for anything and i like the fact that i can get in the cab covered in oil and mud and know it will just wipe of the tonka toy interior!

personally i think a white roof makes a land rover with a nice set of steelies - I want to get some new wheels on mine but won't put any on unless they are white

Click image to enlarge
 110 Hard Top - Izmir Blue
Post #281236 11th Nov 2013 3:02pm
Sphere

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Keswick Green
Thought I would revisit this as looking at colour option for my to be usw.

Wondering if anyone had pictures of a Epsom green 110 with a white roof.

Also any ideas what white pannel sides as well would look like? Not sure if to go retro or modern with black roof
Post #339300 19th Jun 2014 9:55pm
Braydog

Australia 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
I like a white roof so much that I ordered the body to match! Thumbs Up Sometimes It is better to ask for forgiveness, than to ask for permission.
Post #339340 20th Jun 2014 12:34am
Limey

Italy 
Somebody earlier mentioned psychology, and maybe that's relevant to the white roof issue.

When I was a kid, it seemed like Landies only came with a white roof, and considering that in the 'old days' when they were getting sent out to every continent around the planet (and before they were fitted with a/c) a white roof was just a smart idea; especially for when there was going to be a strong sun beating down on it.

For me, a white roof is part of land rovers dna, as is their use by the farming community. For me, their working history is the biggest part of their appeal, and that includes the iconic white roof. I always love seeing a white roof on a Landie, in the same way that I am always love to see a Landie pick-up with hay bales in the bed, or sheep bleating away back there. The body coloured roof is still a good looking colour scheme, but a newer part of the land rover story, something a little more urban.

Aside from the perception of the white roof, can you imagine them building a Landie for export to Africa, in say, 1960 -with a roof painted black or any other very dark colour? The heat it could generate? With no a/c? No thanks...
Post #339351 20th Jun 2014 7:41am
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Limestone and bronze green, proper Land Rover colours. Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #339358 20th Jun 2014 8:05am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>