↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Back to dealer tomorrow
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
DarrenJ

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Back to dealer tomorrow
Popping back to the dealers tomorrow so they can start the ball rolling with some minor warranty items for me.
I have:
Headlight surrounds, mudflap brackets, door bolts, rear step and front bumper all rusting a little (side steps ok)
Intercooler lower grill paint flaking

Is there any other obvious bits to check before I see them in the morning?

Thanks in advance Darren
Post #210543 11th Feb 2013 8:20pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Sounds about right....Expect to swap them out again if you've enough warranty left.... Whistle

From another thread:

K9F wrote:
As mine was reaching the three-year point I took Fekete's advice and banged it in a month early for an MOT so any problems could be sorted under warranty if possible. No problems it sailed through.

Went over the bodywork with a fine toothcomb and as I type this the vehicle went in for a 'weeks worth' of paintwork issues that surprisingly were accepted without quibble to be done under warranty.

The 90 has two vertical welds below the windows on the side (the 110 doesn't posess these welds) one of which wasn't formed correctly and subsequently the paint cracked and there was evidence of rust bubbling. Reformation of the weld!

On the nearside corner of the windscreen between the rubber seal and the 'non functional' hinge blocks there was also evidence of paint lifting and a small track of bubbling. Windscreen out job!!!

On the rear there are two small shaped panels that are riveted to the bodywork either side of the vehicle above numberplate height. There was very minor corrosion evidence due to the original paintwork not adhering to the sharp edges. Smooth off the sharp edges slightly and respray.

With everything else that has caused me grief with regards to poor paint finish having been either swapped out for superior products or reworked to prevent reoccurence such as hinge blocks, headlight retaining rings, front bumper, sidesteps, window latches I am hoping now to have a period without rust cultivation, paint flaking and the depressive feeling when it is discovered for some time to come.

Westover Motors Christchurch have had an attitude transplant compared to historic experiences as mentioned in a previous thread! Thumbs up to them from me!!

Fingers and just about everything else crossed. Thumbs Up

Hope this helps..... Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #210550 11th Feb 2013 8:32pm
Martyn

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 PU Keswick Green
Rusty door stays, door stays not holding the door, dome lights full of water / condensation, flaking paint to wing mirror arms, general leaks through body panel foam seals, leaks through floor plates (damp carpets!), noisy / squeaky door locks, rusty door hinges, leaking grease on swivels, loose heat-shield / bolts missing, squeaky clutch pedal.

These are all the issues I have come across on my 11MY.
Post #210554 11th Feb 2013 8:38pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Mine goes in next week for the same issues, I had to fight for rear mudflap brackets last time the same place had it and have already told them I don't expect the same hassle again. Interestingly the LR service place who carried out the last service replaced all the bits I requested without question - I would have gone back to them this time but they don't have an LR approved body shop so wouldn't be able to do the corrosion around the screen that has appeared in the interim. Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #210556 11th Feb 2013 8:41pm
XS Pete

England 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Miserableolgit wrote:
but they don't have an LR approved body shop...

Is that Lindacre Steve? They just did my second service, and excellent service as usual.

Pete
Post #210590 11th Feb 2013 9:58pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
XS Pete wrote:
Miserableolgit wrote:
but they don't have an LR approved body shop...

Is that Lindacre Steve? They just did my second service, and excellent service as usual.

Pete

No Pete, Marshall's in Bury, it's a lot closer for me than than Lindacre.

TBH since they shut down the dealership I'd forgotten about Lindacre's still having a service bit. Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #210614 11th Feb 2013 11:02pm
DarrenJ

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Thanks or the replies, the swivels are leaking and it's already booked in for that, not great considering they only did them 6 mths go!!

As for leaks I only have a minor one just in front of the NSF wheel arch. All paintwork is immaculate still.........

I thought if I get it done now I still have another 15mths of warranty to change them again before it runs out Thumbs Up Darren
Post #210633 12th Feb 2013 12:10am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1