↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > Light Switch
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Ads90

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Keswick Green
diesel_jim wrote:
I might try the washer modification. I made some seat runners a while back but the extra height of the seat (OK, only 3/4", using box section) ended up with me looking directly at the sunvisor (i'm quite large... 6'5")
I have this problem too & found the washer-only mod didn't yeild enough space.
The newer design Mudrails make the seat even higher than the old, so I salvaged my old ones off my previous, and took out/reduced the height of all the supplied washers to get the seat a s low as poss.
It's now just low enough, and improves as the seat base compresses/disintegrates. Rolling Eyes
Post #99115 10th Nov 2011 12:36pm
dgardel

Italy 
blackwolf wrote:
The steering column shroud has provision for an identical switch on the opposite side to the light switch, so if you really wanted to you could move the switch from the left of the column to the right.

I have in mind using a modified second lightswitch mounted on the right for auxiliary purposes at some time in the future, making use of this "feature".

here you are

you can move the light switch to the opposite side, in the place were should be installed the AUX or FOG switch.

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #99121 10th Nov 2011 1:23pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Glynparry25

Wales 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Tonga Green
Question........

When I have my headlights on and then turn the ignition off the headlights go off and only the side lights stay on..... so the whole removing the key with the headlights on wouldn't work anyway?

Is it the same with you chaps?

Glyn Dog Sheep
Post #99178 10th Nov 2011 6:56pm
Matt

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Corris Grey
Glynparry25 wrote:
Question........

When I have my headlights on and then turn the ignition off the headlights go off and only the side lights stay on..... so the whole removing the key with the headlights on wouldn't work anyway?

Is it the same with you chaps?

Glyn Dog Sheep

Yes. Same with all vehicles isn't it?? You cant have the actual 'headlights' on with the ignition in the off (lock)position, it mearly leaves the sidelights on, as if the switch stalk was in first position on normal use. The only way to bypass this to get the lights on with the ignition off, would be to hold the 'flash' switch on.

If the aim was to get the sidelights on with the keys out of the ignition, you need to turn the lights off, turn the ignition off and remove the key, then turn the sidelights back on. Thumbs Up 15 plate 2.2SW XS
Post #99184 10th Nov 2011 7:15pm
Grockle

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
rebarrob wrote:
Just think it make's it awkward sometimes to put the key in the ignition. On another point I find the headlights off cars coming from behind seem to reflect off the front window making it look like a car is coming from another direction. Would anyone recommend tinting the back windows. Think the jeep is brill and looking forward to going offroad

you could put some curtains up and tie them back in the daytime Thumbs Up 2.4 90 XS
1968 1/32 scale Britains 109 Pick up.
Post #99361 11th Nov 2011 3:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12