Print this entire topic · 
LR90XS2011

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
hope it behaves and you get to enjoy it DEFENDER 90 TDCI XS,

I hope everyone is well and your land rovers make you happy
Post #95248 20th Oct 2011 7:37pm
MuddyMarky

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
If it feels all good, how about doing a bit of self-warranty? In other words, price up some warranties, then save the money each month instead of paying it to them. I know its a bit of a risk in the shorter term, but once you've saved a few 'premiums', you'll be on your way. A year/18 months down the road, you'll have a nice little amount that will go a fair way towards most problems that you may now come up against. OK, maybe not ALL problems, but the flip side is if you don't need to 'claim', you've got a nice little sum sat in a savings account somewhere Smile

HTH Wink Mark
2011 110 XS DC
Stornoway Grey
Post #95253 20th Oct 2011 8:13pm
DefenderOfTheEarth

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Marky - I like that idea!

TBH we can cover any issues with various savings pots. It would be very annoying but not a major problem. I'm just hoping we are over the worst of it while in warranty! Could have stumped up for a new one but I just hate the idea of losing that much money in under a year.

Fingers crossed! Will sort a few minor non warranty items at the Indy then hope for the best... Defender 110XS SW gone... now VW California 180 4 Motion.
Post #95255 20th Oct 2011 8:21pm
bpman

2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Mark's idea sounds a good one.

It's so sad you've had a friday afternooner, but maybe all fixed now and all is well - let's hope so Thumbs Up

No other vehicle drives or looks like a defender especially not the Q7 or X5's - you might just as well buy a eurobox.

How about getting an indy to give it a thorough going over to preempt anything else that is lurking. Oil analysis, pressure test cooling system, check drive train etc once that's all done - enjoy it.

I had an ex-company 2003 td5 110, did 40k in it with absolutely no problems at all, however I don't know if the previous owner had any problems with it with that in mind, if you move on your 2007 truck, it may have had all the work done (by you).. and no problems going forward Neutral

Keep the faith .. and if you buy new now, think twice about the 2.2 and all that exhaust trickery Shocked

good luck
steve
Post #95259 20th Oct 2011 8:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123