↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > INEOS Grenadier > Dealers or journos jolly/ day out?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Dealers or journos jolly/ day out?
I’ve just driven home from Stirling along the A811 and 4 groups each of 4 Grenadiers passed me heading east back to Stirling. Every colour imaginable all appeared to be RHD but about half of them were on German plates (and RHD) and the rest on UK plates. I could see a driver and front seat passenger easily not sure if there were any or how many rear seat passengers. Their daylight running and headlights and tail lights are very distinctive. It’s a huge beast of a vehicle though, at least as big as my L663 Defender 110. I got to a layby about t miles from my home and there was one of them in there with it’s hazards flashing and bonnet open……….. maybe waiting for a recovery truck…….? Wondered if it’s journalists or dealers day out on the Central Scottish roads as none of them looked very dirty/ muddy Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #980052 27th Jan 2023 4:35pm
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
They had a big press day up their last week, one of my friends went. Stories are embargoed until a date in early February I think. The pics I saw on Instagram showed a lot of off-road driving and wading in a loch. 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #980071 27th Jan 2023 5:43pm
Mdm

United Kingdom 
it was the global press launch.
site 1 near inverness, site 2 luss near lomond

embargo until the 8th of feb for reviews and reports.....
Post #980076 27th Jan 2023 6:01pm
donmacn

That explains why I saw one dodging around town (Inverness) yesterday.

In fact I bumped into a group of four of them in town about 2 or 3 months ago. I think this was when they were filming for their last video release. I think they were around Ardverikie and Erchless estates. Donald

1994 Defender 300Tdi 110 SW - owned since 2002 - 230k miles and going strong
(The 'rolling restoration' or tinkering thread: http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic58538.html )
2000 Range Rover P38 4.0L V8

in the past..
RR classic - fitted with 200Tdi
1984 RR classic - V8 with ZF auto box
1993 Discovery 300Tdi

not to mention the minis and the Type 2 VW camper...
Post #980078 27th Jan 2023 6:05pm
County V8

United Kingdom 

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #980113 27th Jan 2023 9:38pm
County V8

United Kingdom 
It seems to babe going better than the Defender launch in Namibia.

Click image to enlarge
Post #980115 27th Jan 2023 9:48pm
Joncorry

2003 Defender 110 Td5 G4 Challenge Tangiers Orange
A chap from the G4OC is working on the launch, not heard too much from him aside from its very long days! 2003 110 G4 used in 03 and 06 events - its well travelled.
2002 Range Rover G4 Event car (Australian leg)
2008 Discovery 3 G4 UK Selections car
1968 Series 2a
Post #980154 28th Jan 2023 9:37am
Birdy

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
I’ll soon need to replace my truck, but every other post on this Forum reinforces my feeling NOT to bother with a New Defender. These Grenadier pics are more encouraging, if by the time they come into full swing there’s a Euro 7 (or is it Euro VII?) engine available, this could well be my last new non-electric vehicle…

Peter
Post #980164 28th Jan 2023 11:13am
Spruce Pirate

Scotland 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 HT Zambezi Silver
Re: Dealers or journos jolly/ day out?
Tim in Scotland wrote:
I’ve just driven home from Stirling along the A811 and 4 groups each of 4 Grenadiers passed me heading east back to Stirling. Every colour imaginable all appeared to be RHD but about half of them were on German plates (and RHD) and the rest on UK plates. I could see a driver and front seat passenger easily not sure if there were any or how many rear seat passengers. Their daylight running and headlights and tail lights are very distinctive. It’s a huge beast of a vehicle though, at least as big as my L663 Defender 110. I got to a layby about t miles from my home and there was one of them in there with it’s hazards flashing and bonnet open……….. maybe waiting for a recovery truck…….? Wondered if it’s journalists or dealers day out on the Central Scottish roads as none of them looked very dirty/ muddy

I saw a couple of them on German plates pass through Arnprior, wondered what was going on. Did look like a convoy / demo / event. Dirty Deeds - Done Dirt Cheap
Post #980228 28th Jan 2023 10:47pm
Tim in Scotland

Mr Spruce Pirate - are you the owner of the silver ex UlitiyCompany 110 on a nice tree related number plate that lives in Arnprior? I pass through there almost daily in my Pangea Green New Defender or my BRG Mini Cooper S E Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #980300 29th Jan 2023 12:18pm
Spruce Pirate

Scotland 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 HT Zambezi Silver
Quote:
Mr Spruce Pirate - are you the owner of the silver ex UlitiyCompany 110 on a nice tree related number plate that lives in Arnprior? I pass through there almost daily in my Pangea Green New Defender or my BRG Mini Cooper S E

Yes, that's me. A nice prompt reply! Rolling Eyes Laughing Dirty Deeds - Done Dirt Cheap
Post #1005388 25th Aug 2023 8:25am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1