Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Going with witchcraft as well: 2003 110 CSW non-XS no ARBs
Post #967516 13th Oct 2022 8:13am
landy andy

2006 Defender 110 Td5 USW Zermatt Silver
My 04 90 had ARB’s that I removed, and my 06 100 doesn’t have any.

I’m assuming none of these modifications will be informed to the insurance company as they would certainly push up the premium for a young diver. If it was my kid I think I’d leave it standard for while and see how they get on with the vehicle.
Post #967518 13th Oct 2022 8:28am
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
When originally introduced in 300tdi days, they came with the 'Freestyle' option pack, which included what were commonly called Freestyle alloys although they were really Tornado. On the 110, the alloys were originally Deep Dish and later Boost. I think the pack was only an option for passenger vehicles though.

Later on, I think the distinction of whether they were fitted was still either commercial or passenger, hence Blackwolf's DCPU not getting them. The USW seems to be an anomaly though and LR treated it as a station wagon and fitted them. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #967521 13th Oct 2022 8:53am
The Crab Botherer

United Kingdom 2001 Defender 90 Td5 ST Nato Green
I retrofitted ARBs front and rear so my daughter could drive it as I was seriously worried about her rolling it, as it did lean over a bit more than her daily drive.
As for me i prefer it with them fitted as it corners far better, though i know you lose a bit of articulation off road, but that's a fairly rare occurence sadly
Post #967552 13th Oct 2022 4:08pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
I suspect that by fitting ARBs you will actually have increased the risk of her rolling it, since the terror induced by heavy body roll is likely to cause her to slow down more on corners. Body roll does not usually result in the vehicle rolling, however excessive speed whilst cornering does increase the risk.

ARBs do make for a more comfortable ride though. I fitted them to my DC because with a reasonable payload plus a heavy roof rack (Patriot) often with quite a weight on the roof, the body roll was disturbing. It did however act as a very effective speed limiter.
Post #967568 13th Oct 2022 6:11pm
JW51MAT

landy andy wrote:
My 04 90 had ARB’s that I removed, and my 06 100 doesn’t have any.

I’m assuming none of these modifications will be informed to the insurance company as they would certainly push up the premium for a young diver. If it was my kid I think I’d leave it standard for while and see how they get on with the vehicle.

The insurance company will be advised of any modifications that are performance related. I would point out that my daughter is 33 so no whipper snapper.
Post #967588 13th Oct 2022 8:45pm
JW51MAT

blackwolf wrote:
I suspect that by fitting ARBs you will actually have increased the risk of her rolling it, since the terror induced by heavy body roll is likely to cause her to slow down more on corners. Body roll does not usually result in the vehicle rolling, however excessive speed whilst cornering does increase the risk.

ARBs do make for a more comfortable ride though. I fitted them to my DC because with a reasonable payload plus a heavy roof rack (Patriot) often with quite a weight on the roof, the body roll was disturbing. It did however act as a very effective speed limiter.

Like I said she's no whipper snapper and I have found that rolling her new VTR after 30 days slowed her down so much so that even her 86 year old grandmother asks her to get a move on Laughing
Post #967589 13th Oct 2022 8:53pm
JW51MAT

LandRoverAnorak wrote:
When originally introduced in 300tdi days, they came with the 'Freestyle' option pack, which included what were commonly called Freestyle alloys although they were really Tornado. On the 110, the alloys were originally Deep Dish and later Boost. I think the pack was only an option for passenger vehicles though.

Later on, I think the distinction of whether they were fitted was still either commercial or passenger, hence Blackwolf's DCPU not getting them. The USW seems to be an anomaly though and LR treated it as a station wagon and fitted them.

Very knowledgeable Thumbs Up
Post #967590 13th Oct 2022 8:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12