↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > INEOS Grenadier > Who's placing and order and what's your spec?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
m33ufo

Wales 
Who's placing and order and what's your spec?
So which is it to be....the standard Grenadier Station Wagon, or one of the Belstaff editions? I see the Belstaff variety has a different load area / 2nd row seat positions - more suited to passengers than load carrying.

Another choice to make which would really benefit seeing the two side by side. 110 DCPU

Mark
Post #951447 3rd May 2022 1:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
23GPS

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Keswick Green
Requested return of my £450 deposit this afternoon. In effect, if you want to prioritise rear passenger legroom, the starting point is £59k. The base £52k 5 seat platform seems to be just available with "crewcab" rear seat positioning therefore less rear legroom. Keep it simple - poverty spec.
Post #951454 3rd May 2022 4:31pm
kenzle8a

Some of the pricing isn't far off a Discovery or (if you can order them a new Defender in base spec). I thought it was meant to be about 20k less than these as it was a ute as such.
Post #951456 3rd May 2022 4:49pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
I think that the boat has sailed….

For the private buyer looking for a Defender replacement that is more acceptable because it uses adblue the increases in the cost of living, fuel costs, the increases in VED, the increase in ULEZ areas that will only tighten their criteria in the future……..

It’s a toy and no longer a necessity.

Ineos should have seen the writing on the wall and had a hybrid ready to go.

I liked the prototype when I saw it……but things have moved on at such a rate so unless you really need it, it’s hard to justify.

Could it end up like the G Wagen and being priced in a way the rich will then want to buy it because of the rarity factor.

We shall wait and see.
Post #951464 3rd May 2022 6:38pm
m33ufo

Wales 
I think I'll stick with it for the moment. At least I'll spec a vehicle on the 18th and pay the deposit.

Based on the Genadier price list I'm at about £64K for a Trialmaster with a few options - here's hoping that the figures are all encompassing and include the first year road tax and delivery etc. Not sure how likely that is?

Given that I sold my 2016 110 for £50K, £60K for a new Grenadier doesn't sound too horrendous. 110 DCPU

Mark
Post #951465 3rd May 2022 6:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Orcmurd

Does anyone know if the demo vehicles were based on the station wagon or something similar to the Belfstaff model? Trying to understand the difference in the seating positions. I also see the online configurator is no longer available online.
Post #951481 3rd May 2022 8:25pm
m33ufo

Wales 
The configurator will apparently be up and running with prices before the 18th. 110 DCPU

Mark
Post #951490 3rd May 2022 9:20pm
Ramsay

Scotland 1995 Defender 110 300 Tdi CSW Auto Keswick Green
The online configurator is due back on the 18th with all the actual options and pricing.

I am still not committing but want to price up station wagon with options like diff locks versus trial master edition with them as standard. As they are looking at £12 to £15 thousand more than originally thought it may be I pause my interest until they come up with the Hydrogen power version. 1995 Defender 110 CSW
1971 SIIA Lightweight
Post #951491 3rd May 2022 9:24pm
Orcmurd

I’d like the seating space of the Belfstaff versions but would rather spec it myself from a base model but unfortunately that isn’t currently possible. If that doesn’t change, then I’ll be asking for my deposit to be returned.
Post #951532 4th May 2022 9:59am
DSC-off

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Ramsay wrote:
... want to price up station wagon with options like diff locks versus trial master edition with them as standard. As they are looking at £12 to £15 thousand more than originally thought...

I priced my spec up, 5 seat utility with difflocks and a few options, it came to £58,000
Looking back, the first cost given as £40k, then £48k, and I was later resigned to it being around £53k.
£58k is too much for me, given the VED costs, fuel consumption and fuel now sitting around £8 a gallon.

It's still better value than a Jeep Rubicon though...
Post #951553 4th May 2022 12:35pm
Orcmurd

Last night I emailed Ineos seeking clarification on the availability of a 5 seat basic station wagon that doesn’t have the Belstaff extras but has the same second row seat dimensions and no cargo barrier behind the second row of seats (referenced on the website for the 5 seat station wagon).

I received a call this morning and it appears there may be a mistake on the website and in the PDF brochure that shows load dimensions. The Ineos chap I spoke to suggested the following:

- station wagon is the term for passenger orientated 5 seat versions with the second row seat/load bay dimensions of the Belstaff versions.
- the GBP52k station wagon on the website, price list and brochure is the base model that the Belstaff ones are based off. It doesn’t have a cargo barrier behind the second row of seats or different internal dimensions to the Belstaffs
- utility wagon is the term for commercial orientated vehicles with a cargo barrier in 5 seat versions and the more upright second row of seats to maximise payload i.e. euro pallet sized.

When I pointed out the website states the 5 seat station wagon is ‘certified as a commercial vehicle fitted with a cargo barrier’ and the load bay dimensions in the PDF brochure differ between the 5 seat station wagon and the Belstaffs he fell silent. He checked the website himself, thanked me for bringing this to his attention and told me he had to go and discuss this internally and he would call me back. No call as of yet.

I suspect that the 5 seat station wagon costing GBP52k is the base passenger/lifestyle model upon which the Belstaffs are based and somebody somewhere has cocked up putting info on the website and dimensions in the online brochure.
Post #951788 6th May 2022 12:04pm
Orcmurd

Received a call back.

Station wagon 5 seat will have different internal dimensions to Belstaff but the cargo barrier is removeable and the prototype I saw was based on the 5 seat station wagon. Looks like the Belstaffs are tweaked to provide additional seating space. He also said the Belstaffs are limited editions.

Hopefully the online Configurator that goes live on 18 May will be more helpful.
Post #951790 6th May 2022 1:08pm
AMBxx

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
One for the people who did a test drive - how limited was the space in the 2nd row?
Post #951793 6th May 2022 1:38pm
Orcmurd

I sat in the front and had 2 adults a teen in the back and they thought it felt fine. Probably worth checking on line if there are any pictures of the interior/rear
Post #951818 6th May 2022 7:30pm
m33ufo

Wales 
That's great news. I might still end up going the Trialmaster route but good to have the option.

I also read that the pricing includes on the road costs and road tax etc.

I'm getting a little more excited now - think I'll go spec a Stationwagon Smile 110 DCPU

Mark
Post #951827 6th May 2022 8:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>