↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > VED - car is stuck in the dealership compound indefinitely
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

I’ve just driven passed the local Skoda dealership and noticed this on their forecourt….._ nothing wrong with Skodas but this must be the most expensive vehicle that they have in stock! I wonder how they arrived at such an exact price for it!

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #954933 8th Jun 2022 12:32pm
Eldoclear

Scotland 
Here's the 3 adverts for new Defenders in Autotrader

Click image to enlarge
Post #954936 8th Jun 2022 12:42pm
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
Just heard from someone in the trade that BCA are looking at a reduction of 20% on second hand vehicles as vehicles are not fetching reserve in auctions. 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #954940 8th Jun 2022 1:11pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
Possibly certain vehicles. I know that the CH-R dropped by 20% over 6 months. But the valuation on the Defender has been pretty consistent over the same period.
Post #954942 8th Jun 2022 1:24pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
The bubble will eventually burst when people realise they are being ripped off, and they stop paying the extortionate prices being asked by dealers.

My Land Rover dealer estimates that over 50% of the Defender orders are private individuals and independent dealers buying to immediately flip the vehicle at a profit
Post #954956 8th Jun 2022 4:01pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
This will end up being an issue somewhere down the line Mike
Post #954973 8th Jun 2022 5:38pm
Tim in Scotland

Rising cost of living and cost of fuel will be making less fuel efficient cars of all kinds and over priced used cars hard to sell soon. Land Rover dealers could be left with a lot of overpriced stock if they aren’t careful.

When my local dealer valued my car last year the offer was “based on used car guide prices” when they offered £12,000 less than BCA / WBAC was offering - they were quite upset when I laughed at them and asked how they could justify the >£90000 they were asking for the exact same colour combo D240 First Edition with 500 more miles on it than mine sat 10ft et away on their showroom floor. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #954975 8th Jun 2022 5:58pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
I think the coffee shops will be first hit for those with disposable income. I've cut back Thumbs Up

I think if you're buying a 60,70,80 or 90k+ vehicles you've a bit more income to dispose of.
Post #954985 8th Jun 2022 8:40pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
lightning wrote:
The bubble will eventually burst when people realise they are being ripped off, and they stop paying the extortionate prices being asked by dealers.

My Land Rover dealer estimates that over 50% of the Defender orders are private individuals and independent dealers buying to immediately flip the vehicle at a profit

Interesting. I just put a LR approved car into Motorway (a dealer bidding / buying platform). LR have the car up for 90k / Motorway say 66.7k and£68.2 on WBAC.

Annoyingly our old CH-R is back up £2300 from 6 weeks ago. Rolling with laughter
Post #954994 8th Jun 2022 9:58pm
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
I do agree the prices are silly, at some point it will pop...

Im lucky to have been driving round in a FFRR and for almost 2 years now I would get back more than I paid.

I do keep looking at the new defenders and every now and again spec up one.. then look on the second hand list and some prices are more than buying new.

Your original 1st edition realistically I guess this is still a good comparison?

https://www.sytner.co.uk/landrover/car-sea...0e-F8QtjAA

I would think sell one / even both if you get close to your money back and order another... Smile I know I should have ordered a new full fat ranger as they are £20k over list...

In the same respect I think new car prices are a bit silly. One of the wife's that we use as the school run , short trips, tip runs is a mini copper s clubman. I looked at swapping this and the new version is £42500 for a mini !!. All be it a quick one with a lot of toys.

I think for us we have one more ice car each before we swap to electric. I feel if I swap one, it's a slippery slope and i will end up changing the fleet. The millage i do doesn't warrant any savings. In the mean time I'm fitting solar and battery back up in preporation and general saving on the home power consumption.
Post #955140 10th Jun 2022 5:10pm
Tim in Scotland

Looks like a more realistic price but I would avoid anyway because it’s a 7 seater, the roof rack would have to be removed as would the lunch box as I don’t need either of them…………… they are making a bit on it but not excessive as it was probably £63-£64k new with the Expedition pack, 3 zone climate control and 7 seat options. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #955171 11th Jun 2022 6:03am
soundslegal

United Kingdom 
pjm-84 wrote:
lightning wrote:

Interesting. I just put a LR approved car into Motorway (a dealer bidding / buying platform). LR have the car up for 90k / Motorway say 66.7k and£68.2 on WBAC.

Annoyingly our old CH-R is back up £2300 from 6 weeks ago. Rolling with laughter

I sold my 3 year old Velar via Motorway, they were excellent. Got £49.5k (purchaser was a LR dealer), I'd only paid £42k for it 18 months earlier. It sat on their forecourt for a few months at £53k, then £52k then £51k... it did sell, but given the Motorway and transport fees are paid by the dealer and they had to put a warranty on it, I can only assume they may something of a loss. Madness. I think a good few will be make some big losses when the bubble eventually bursts.
Post #955224 11th Jun 2022 8:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12