↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Faults & Fixes (L663) > First bit to fall off……
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Fortunately it’s detachable from the inner bit so can be re-used! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #912394 14th Jul 2021 7:05pm
J77

Scotland 
I’ll be booking mine in for an intermediate oil change, I left the Velar the 2 years but the Defender will be racking up a bit more miles. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #912598 15th Jul 2021 9:53pm
Tim in Scotland

Just collected the car from Pentland Stirling, no mistake on the price of the oil and filter change, rubber covered spring for the fuel filler flap replaced under warranty. They couldn’t find a problem with the battery but they did put it on charge overnight. Software checked out but as it’s a lovely sunny day here cannot check if the night mode on the driver info screen nav display contrast is any better. Drove home by the motorway rather than through Stirling city centre so couldn’t test the auto stop start to see if service is resumed at traffic lights. One thing, in the systems check the tech sent me was that the DEF/AdBlue level shows as OK but I got the adblue low warning last week……….. and didn’t top it up thinking (stupidly) that they might top it up……….

Some lucky customer’s new V8 110 in Carpathian was sitting on the forecourt waiting for delivery - I know the registration as I see it locally a lot so the owner has chopped a black 110 for a V8. Hope you enjoy your new car owner of 21CS Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #914600 29th Jul 2021 12:09pm
Tim in Scotland

Trip into town today and stuck in stop/start traffic and the auto stop/start didn’t cut the engine once………. but there is a silver lining, the service guys filled the AdBlue tank to the brim, car went in with around 1000 miles range left and this morning the app shows I now have 5500 miles DEF range! Not mentioned on the job sheet or charged for. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #914771 30th Jul 2021 4:01pm
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
Maybe thats what you paid for and there was no oil Smile

Its £17 a litre at Opie Oils - for Castrol
Post #914778 30th Jul 2021 4:57pm
Tim in Scotland

£17.50+VAT a litre at the LR Dealership I use, plus £15.21+ VAT for the filter, gasket and oil drain plug. Interestingly on the invoice there’s no Labour charge or DEF charge Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #914780 30th Jul 2021 5:05pm
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
So the labour was free - if it cost £149?
Post #914810 30th Jul 2021 7:25pm
Tim in Scotland

Appears to be. A gift from a Land Rover dealer! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #914853 31st Jul 2021 8:37am
J77

Scotland 
They’ll get that back come it’s main service Laughing

I looked at a service plan, it’s over £2k. Gone are the days of 5 years servicing for £600 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #914876 31st Jul 2021 11:42am
Tim in Scotland

I didn’t opt for the service plan as I couldn’t figure how they arrived at that for what amounted to two oil and filter changes and some fluid top-ups if needed, two quick washes and making videos of what the service tech has/hasn’t found. Although you do get unlimited DEF top-ups for free. But then I’ve paid £149 for what ended up as a full service out of schedule for the price of an oil and filter change……… Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #915027 1st Aug 2021 5:33pm
Philm

United Kingdom 
Retroanaconda wrote:
£148 seems quite cheap for a dealer oil and filter change!

I asked my local stealer how much for an oil and filter change, £238 + VAT. They did say they could knock 10% off though.
Post #915037 1st Aug 2021 6:23pm
J77

Scotland 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
I didn’t opt for the service plan as I couldn’t figure how they arrived at that for what amounted to two oil and filter changes and some fluid top-ups if needed, two quick washes and making videos of what the service tech has/hasn’t found. Although you do get unlimited DEF top-ups for free. But then I’ve paid £149 for what ended up as a full service out of schedule for the price of an oil and filter change………

I haven’t bothered with it either, not over £2k. My D5 was £600 for 5 years servicing. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #915091 1st Aug 2021 11:40pm
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
What helps dealers charge exorbitant prices is the obsession over three letters during resales of modern cars. F.S.H.

Despite the law changes saying your warranty won’t be voided if you go to an indie, people still traipse back to their stealer so they can stick F(?)SH on their ad when they sell on. Oil and filter change for Mrs Grenadier’s TT would be 500€, brake pad and discs were pushing 750€. With the other service schedules the car required (purchased at 12mths old), winter/summer tyre swaps etc, it’s cost almost a grand a year to run for these first 5 years and that’s not even including fuel or insurance etc. Just servicing. I checked with Mrs Grenadier and she has no desire to change the car in the near future, not even before it’s tenth birthday, that it will be long past warranty and where FSH holds real value, so I’ve started doing everything myself. Just done pads and discs, saved 500€, about to do oil, so should make quite some savings over the next few years. Haven’t convinced Mrs Grenadier of the value of chucking those savings at the Def. Whistle Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #915105 2nd Aug 2021 8:10am
SN

We have one of the last of the Vauxhall Mokka's (64 plate) which 'benefitted' from the short-lived Lifetime Warranty scheme Vauxhall offered at the time - and yes indeed you DO NOT have to go to an authorised stealer for the annual service that is required to maintain the Lifetime Warranty BUT if you choose to use an independent, then Vauxhall MANDATE that there has to be a subsequent (chargeable) inspection by a Stealer to 'check' the work the independent did is of sufficient quality to renew the Lfetime Warranty another year... Twisted Evil

They've got you all ways...

Footnote - I understand the Lifetime Warranty scheme was binned so quickly (after 4 years I believe) is because people we not trading in 2 and 3 year old cars because they had continuing warranty on them - i.e. it was cannibalising new car sales! Rolling with laughter Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #915142 2nd Aug 2021 12:57pm
J77

Scotland 

Click image to enlarge
 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #916465 11th Aug 2021 11:19am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>