↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Webasto heater issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Julep, it isn’t easy to load the apps you want........... you have to take what LR and Apple/Android have licensed. Best way is to connect your phone via cable and connect to Car Play or Android Auto and use the apps that mirror on the Pivi Pro screen. Very few apps will get mirrored. My Mini/BMW Apple Car Play was the same - very few of the 4 pages of apps on my phone showed up on the car’s screen Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #901894 7th May 2021 12:39pm
TomekW

Poland 2003 Defender 110 Td5 SW Bonatti Grey
Terve risulasi,
google the webasto telestart t91 operation manual
there is explained how to switch modes summer/winter, program run times etc 2021 Defender 90 D250
1998 TUL
1997 TUM FFR
2003 Defender 110SW Td5
1985 ExMOD 110 ST 3.9 V8
1971 Series IIa Lightweight
Post #903256 15th May 2021 4:45pm
risulasi

Finland 
Weather is getting cooler and heater will be needed soon, but I still have´t fully figured out Webasto heater function. I discovered lately that I can start the heater with remote knob only ONE time after turning engine off. If I turn heater on and off from knob, but don´t start engine after that, the heater wont start. Has anyone noticed same?
Post #923620 30th Sep 2021 7:54am
MikkoM

Finland 
Did you change the Precondition setting to happen with fuel operated heater? If not, it does not heat it with it, uses electric if you have P400e Defender, it could similarly function with other models too. MY22 Defender 110 P400e S
Post #923926 1st Oct 2021 3:55pm
redhowe

Spain 
Hi to the Finnish members on this thread. Could you help me out please.

I have a P400e (PHEV) which is great in Barcelona (runs on electric for the school runs) and, as we have a cottage in Lapland, I appreciate being able to quickly fuel up with petrol on long drives.

One thing though - my family enjoy around 5 weeks in Lapland each winter and I really want to fit a Webasto as often the older family members don't want to leave the comfort of the Defender to brave -20 to -30C temperatures. For this reason I'd really like to have the Webasto fitted (petrol version). Do any of you have this fitted, and if so, where is it mounted? Both the internal controls and the heater (presumably in the engine space). I'd really appreciate photos as then my Spanish Defender can at least be spec'd as per the Finnish ones.

Many thanks! Kiitos,
Rob
Post #965065 14th Sep 2022 10:04pm
Leamreject

Italy 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Fuji White
All lovely problems to have… I just eat readybreak before I get in my old model defender in the winter Thumbs Up Ride like you stole it!!
If I’m not on a bike it’s because only a 4x4 will do…
2011 2.4 Puma 90 HT
Post #965070 15th Sep 2022 2:58am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MikkoM

Finland 
redhowe wrote:
Hi to the Finnish members on this thread. Could you help me out please.

I have a P400e (PHEV) which is great in Barcelona (runs on electric for the school runs) and, as we have a cottage in Lapland, I appreciate being able to quickly fuel up with petrol on long drives.

One thing though - my family enjoy around 5 weeks in Lapland each winter and I really want to fit a Webasto as often the older family members don't want to leave the comfort of the Defender to brave -20 to -30C temperatures. For this reason I'd really like to have the Webasto fitted (petrol version). Do any of you have this fitted, and if so, where is it mounted? Both the internal controls and the heater (presumably in the engine space). I'd really appreciate photos as then my Spanish Defender can at least be spec'd as per the Finnish ones.

Many thanks! Kiitos,
Rob

All P400e's already should have ThermoTop EVO Petrol version fitted from the factory (at least all Nordic ones do), please check from the menus as there is the selection for "Precondition with Fuel Operated Heater" selection, then it uses the Webasto for preheat the car and do you have the separate keyfob included with the normal car key? MY22 Defender 110 P400e S
Post #965074 15th Sep 2022 5:45am
redhowe

Spain 
My Defender was bought in Spain so o need to have the Webasto fitted. A photo of the installed location would be ideal. Thanks in advance, Robert
Post #965180 15th Sep 2022 8:44pm
hezor

Finland 
Attached a photo of my Finnish-spec P400e that has a standard fuel-burner Webasto, and it is circled in red. The blue circle is the Webasto high-voltage electric heater that should be included in every P400e regardless of the market.

Click image to enlarge
 22MY Defender 110 P400e SE w/ Off-Road Pack, Driver Assist Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Comfort & Convenience Pack + ClearSight Rear-View Mirror & 11.4" Infotainment Screen
Post #965494 20th Sep 2022 8:58am
redhowe

Spain 
Hezor, thanks so much for this which is incredibly helpful. I can now, hopefully, proceed to get the fuel heater installed here in Spain before we come to Finland in December.

Many thanks! Rob
Post #965496 20th Sep 2022 9:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12