↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2022MY (L663) > MY22 Defender Carpathian V8 order
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 8 <12345678>
Print this entire topic · 
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
But could be a weight issue - which is maybe why It cant have a roof rack?

Just guessing...
Post #907173 10th Jun 2021 8:04am
montpellier

Last update from Friday was build showing as July 16 th. We will see.
Post #909668 27th Jun 2021 5:06pm
macventu

United Kingdom 
My V8 110 build date has been moved back from July 26th to Oct 15th...
Post #909993 29th Jun 2021 3:01pm
Fellrunner

2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Corris Grey
Help me please … why would anyone pay this region of money for a defender rather than having a fullfat? I just can’t understand the rationale. At this price point, it’s not as though it’s going to really and properly be used off-road (and even if it was, I really don’t believe that the defender is a league away in terms of off road performance compared to a fullfat). On the flip side, the fullfat is just such a nicer place to be (even if there is a new model around the corner) in terms of effortless daily driving. There isn’t a comparison in that respect.

Please help me to understand. At a lower price point, the defender may make sense - and if you want it, crack on, but at this price point, just bonkers???

That said, if money is no issue and it just floats your boat, then why not Thumbs Up
Post #910034 29th Jun 2021 7:04pm
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
Fellrunner wrote:
Help me please … why would anyone pay this region of money for a defender rather than having a fullfat? I just can’t understand the rationale. At this price point, it’s not as though it’s going to really and properly be used off-road (and even if it was, I really don’t believe that the defender is a league away in terms of off road performance compared to a fullfat). On the flip side, the fullfat is just such a nicer place to be (even if there is a new model around the corner) in terms of effortless daily driving. There isn’t a comparison in that respect.

Please help me to understand. At a lower price point, the defender may make sense - and if you want it, crack on, but at this price point, just bonkers???

That said, if money is no issue and it just floats your boat, then why not Thumbs Up

I was gonna compose a reply asking why you felt anyone has to justify anything to you, but then I remembered you asked how to drill through carpet Rolling Eyes
Post #910037 29th Jun 2021 7:12pm
Loafer

United Kingdom 
I have recently ordered a 110 D300 HSE…I could have bought a FFRR, but they project a certain image … there are lots around here and they are driven by the shiny people. I am not, nor do I want to be, shiny.

I want a robust, practical, go-anywhere car which looks better when it’s dirty (I don’t clean cars) and I won’t get stressed if the dog scratches the bumper.

I want to be able to drive 500 miles and step out fresh, overtake a 40 mpg everywhere idiot safely and smile when I drive it.
Post #910039 29th Jun 2021 7:20pm
Hissinsid

United Kingdom 
Fellrunner wrote:

I currently have a 2.5 year old FFRR Vogue SE which I also put some spec on when I bought it. Im swapping to a Defender for a number of reasons. The FFRR is outstanding and anyone who tells you “this is range rover luxury” on any other car, including the other Range Rovers is wrong. Its that simple (im not counting Bentleys or Rollers, ive never driven one). However, its getting long in the tooth and the Defender isnt, its fresh. IMO the Defender actually “drives” better. No, its not as luxurious, not nearly but its a great package overall. Ive specced my Defender to the level of a FFRR and the price tag isnt far off what my FF was but you know what, doesnt matter. Its different and a change. Also, let someone else enjoy finding all the faults on the new one when it comes out too.

Hope this doesnt offend anyone its not meant to, just offering my view as a FFRR owner.
Post #910049 29th Jun 2021 7:58pm
haymeister

Japan 
Pricing differential here in Japan is very different. Entry level FFRR (Vogue spec) is 36% more expensive than the Defender X. The Vogue has the V6 Diesel, whilst the X is the D300 MHEV.
It's a very different proposition and target market. Speaking for myself with 3 young kids who are very much attracted to mud and the outdoors, and similar to what @Loafer said the Defender fits the bill better.
Post #910080 30th Jun 2021 2:30am
Ryderoo

England 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
Fellrunner wrote:

It’s a 5.0 V8 with 500+ BHP.
And sounds cool
And looks cool
And is practicool, nuff said Cheers Simon

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you

2015 Urban Truck 90 XS Santorini Black Hard Top - Reluctantly gone
2020 Discovery 5 Eiger Grey 3.0 SE
2021 Defender S D250 Santorini Black 110 Hard Top on the drive
Post #910081 30th Jun 2021 4:58am
Fellrunner

tooth_dr wrote:
Fellrunner wrote:

I was gonna compose a reply asking why you felt anyone has to justify anything to you, but then I remembered you asked how to drill through carpet Rolling Eyes

OK, did someone wake up in a bad mood?

Pls read again, it wasn’t seeking a justification, I’m just curious as to the thought process - because it’s something I’m thinking about at the moment. I want to like the new Defender, and the V8, looks interesting, but I just (personally) can’t get there for the money when the full fat is then directly competing; and with the full fat I’m oscillating between the new model or pulling the trigger now on the SV or the AB V8.

So, once again, pls re read … my wording was “help me understand” because I’m curious. Not justify. Jeez!

As for drilling through carpet - please search on this, there’s a bunch of comments talking to this point, and the various ways it can be done.

Perhaps, you’re suggesting this isn’t a learning forum, or that there should be a baseline to any guidance sought.

Anyway, thanks for your lovely reply and have a great day - I hope it gets better for you Thumbs Up
Post #910102 30th Jun 2021 8:31am
macventu

United Kingdom 
Why buy the V8 Defender?

-unique vs. the FFRR (seen everywhere)
-go anywhere proposition with added performance
-not as 'showy' as some other V8 peers (eg. SVR RRS, X5M, G63 etc)
-last of its kind before full electrification
-also I feel any set of wheels above say £50k is not necessarily a rational purchase, it is more about personal preference
Post #910120 30th Jun 2021 9:57am
martinf

United Kingdom 
Fellrunner wrote:

I have had 5 FFRRs bought new but I find that the way I use them puts increasing emphasis on transporting dogs, going offroad on shoots and towing a horse trailer. So I decided that for my needs a well specced Defender might do the job instead and provides a lot more storage in the front. The RR has a couple of cupholders in the middle plus the cooler box but is quite limited. The Defender seems much more practical so seemed to be a better solution. So I have ordered one at a price at which I could have had an FFRR instead.
Post #910130 30th Jun 2021 10:47am
Fellrunner

Many thanks Martin. Very helpful to 'hear' someone else's thought process who's been through the decision I'm facing.
Post #910133 30th Jun 2021 10:58am
Hissinsid

United Kingdom 
I churned over it for weeks, was even going to change my Defender order a FF AB but the actual drive of the Defender won it over for me. I also agree with the more space comments too.

Go drive one and see what you think would be my advice, mine felt like the older design it is when i got back in. I was actually surprised and didnt expect it. I also had to mentally tune myself to not compare them as they are not meant to be competitors really.

I also thought well, if I dont like it, ill just go back to a FF.
Post #910156 30th Jun 2021 1:03pm
YulongTD6

Fellrunner wrote:

When I receive my V8 CE we will have both. FFRR is my wife’s. We have no kids and I don’t need nor want a 4 door SUV. I view the D90 more as a sport coupe that can tow my boat and take us skiing. My second choice was actually a 911 Targa.
Post #910238 1st Jul 2021 3:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 8 <12345678>