Home > My New Defender (L663) > 21MY 90 D200 S
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 11 of 12 <123 ... 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
J77

Scotland 
Came out to go to work at 04:30 this morning to find this Rolling Eyes

Click image to enlarge

LR Assist just been out to put the spare, no way was I attempting it with LRs jack. The AA patrolman couldn’t see anything obvious that could’ve caused it. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #933217 11th Dec 2021 6:42pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Still time to write to Santa for a good bottle jack and air compressor………be quick or it will be socks again… Thumbs Up
Post #933258 12th Dec 2021 9:29am
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
J77 wrote:
The AA patrolman couldn’t see anything obvious that could’ve caused it.

I would guess that the air had escaped somehow Whistle Laughing Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #933297 12th Dec 2021 5:44pm
Tim in Scotland

Have you taken it onto a forest road type track recently? I had a mystery deflation after doing that and found that after first ordering a replacement Duratrac tyre that there was a tiny stone between the rim and the tyre that had popped the sidewall enough to leak but not enough to hear it escaping. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #933346 13th Dec 2021 8:19am
zilch

Australia 
Quote:
I had a mystery deflation after doing that and found that after first ordering a replacement Duratrac tyre that there was a tiny stone

at this rate you will soon qualify as a Goodyear investor Tim Laughing Whistle yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #933351 13th Dec 2021 9:07am
Tim in Scotland

Only had to buy two new Duratracs one of which went on the car to replace the slashed one in the spring - the one I bought in case the last flat was more serious is still sitting in my garage unused thank goodness.

Really glad that I took out the LR dealer’s wheel and tyre insurance (which I thought a reasonable price) as 2 replacement tyres and an alloy refurb have been paid out on, no questions asked just with photos and invoices scanned and sent to the insurer - ALA. I was offered the same cover by the Mini Dealer (under a BMW scheme but with the same insurer!) and it seems that they treat Wheel and tyre insurance as a “nice little earner” as they wanted 2.5 times more premium for the Mini’s tiny wheels and tyres than the LR dealership wanted for the Defender so I declined and went direct to ALA who quoted the same as I’m paying on the 110. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #933391 13th Dec 2021 12:47pm
J77

Scotland 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Have you taken it onto a forest road type track recently? I had a mystery deflation after doing that and found that after first ordering a replacement Duratrac tyre that there was a tiny stone between the rim and the tyre that had popped the sidewall enough to leak but not enough to hear it escaping.

Not on any tracks of late, but there is a massive puddle in the work car park that’s pretty deep, most avoid it but not me Rolling Eyes Laughing

EDIT -

Checked the tyre again, and found there’s a thin piece of metal, like a skewer just sticking out in this area of the tyre

Click image to enlarge
 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #933429 13th Dec 2021 4:02pm
J77

Scotland 
Here’s the culprit

Click image to enlarge
Post #933573 14th Dec 2021 5:00pm
J77

Scotland 
It’s now been one year since collecting my 90, overall it’s been relatively trouble free in comparison to previous LRs, only main issue was the 2wd warning, which was fixed by some transmission software update.

Even after a year I still love how it looks, to me the 90 is the better looking but at the cost of practicality, which brings me on to the flaws of the 90. The obvious one is boot space, it’s terrible and can’t really load it up as the rake of the back seats prevent this. There’s no underfloor storage so all my tow straps, jackets, tyre compressor have to be kept in the boot, reducing space further.

Rear seats are another pain, can’t be folded flat unless the seat base is removed. Why they couldn’t make the seat base flip up is beyond me, but even then there is the step. I’ve had my dogs in the back but it is a bit of a hassle.

Another hassle is getting into the back of the 90, side steps are a must if it’s on coils and the large doors are a pain in car parks. Though once in the rear seats are spacious with plenty legroom, I’ve had a few rear seat passengers and they’ve all commented on the space.

It’s not all bad though, the 90 is a very nimble vehicle to drive, even on the coils it’s pretty comfortable on the road and handles relatively well for a heavy box, only some larger potholes being felt.

D200 engine has more than enough power, pulls well and like all the 3.0 diesels it’s very smooth and quiet. A shame it’s no longer an option.

So those that are considering a 90, it’s a great vehicle but do consider what you use it for, for me it was a head and heart decision, head said 110 but once I saw the Wilks Brothers 90HT back in 2019 I followed the heart.

I don’t regret buying the 90, I do have a 110 on order but if the deal falls through I will be more than happy to keep the 90, it just looks fab.

Click image to enlarge
Post #947728 1st Apr 2022 4:26pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
Interesting comments about the 90, you're not the first person to say it's a good car but has its flaws, especially with the rear seats. A friend had a 90 and just couldn't get on with the lack of space so traded it in, I think if he had got the 110 he would still have it now.

J77 wrote:
D200 engine has more than enough power, pulls well and like all the 3.0 diesels it’s very smooth and quiet. A shame it’s no longer an option.

I bought my D200 with every intention of having it remapped when I got it, after driving it for 6 months now there is no need, it has more than enough power for me. Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #947741 1st Apr 2022 6:57pm
Farmerben

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
Yeah, that D200 is a dream to drive!

Really seems like they tried their hardest to make the 90 as impractical as possible! But still wins my vote in the looks department. https://instagram.com/bentheoandrews
Post #947803 2nd Apr 2022 3:18pm
TRGRichie

United Kingdom 
Agree the d200 is a great motor L663 90ht
Post #947852 3rd Apr 2022 9:26am
J77

Scotland 
Farmerben wrote:
Yeah, that D200 is a dream to drive!

Really seems like they tried their hardest to make the 90 as impractical as possible! But still wins my vote in the looks department.

There’s a lot that could’ve been done with the 90. To me it should’ve had two rear seats only with a space in between to load longer items. The toolkit could’ve been put in a bag rather than in a polystyrene try under the boot floor, thus creating a small storage area. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #947890 3rd Apr 2022 5:12pm
TRGRichie

United Kingdom 
The tool kit is in a bag in my 90 Smile L663 90ht
Post #947906 3rd Apr 2022 7:05pm
J77

Scotland 
Yeah they done it for the HTs 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #947909 3rd Apr 2022 7:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 11 of 12 <123 ... 101112>