↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > 200Tdi 110
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
bodstruck

United Kingdom 
I lent this to my Brother to free up space on the drive and gain political clearance to buy more defenders (that have since been sold)

MOT has run out so it is back with me now. Brake lights had stopped working, luckily that was just a dirty switch.

Main beam also not working. That is turning out to be more challenging Sad

Click image to enlarge

No power getting to the relay for the main beam.
I have managed to rule out the switch and power is getting to the fuse. Just need to trace the nightmare wiring and see where the break is.

Still starting and running great. Shakes like hell at tickover but I have noticed the downpipe is hard against the crossmemeber and the engine and gearbox mounts look poor.

Not got round to fitting the new doors yet, been putting that job off. The rears pretty much fell off but I had sourced a cheap set of puma second row doors and fitted them. Looks a bit odd but fills the hole Smile

While I have it here I am going to simplify the wiring (7 fuse boxes, about 25 relays and bundles of unmarked cable Big Cry .

Then hopefully build up the new galv doors and get it ready for paint. I have window panels and trim to refit in the rear so hoping to go back to being a station wagon.

While my bro had it we both went on a trip to North Wales which was great fun. Short clip of an interesting section that had just reopened. This one with its odd doors and following that is my Puma.

Post #994847 2nd Jun 2023 12:51pm
L110CDL

England 
Thanks for the video clip Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #994916 2nd Jun 2023 9:01pm
bodstruck

United Kingdom 
Now the decision has been made to sell the Puma and keep the 200 I have been gathering parts ready for it's spruce-up.

Replacement bonnet. I quite like the cargo rails that are on the current one but it looks cleaner without so I have a good replacement with no chequer plate and the sound-proofing intact.
Station wagon sides. The solid sides are OK but I prefer windows. Whilst I had them loose I took the opportunity to tint the glass was well.
Internal Mantec window grilles
New side storage bins (to go over the tub arches)
The high level shelf from the puma will be coming over
Really good set of Puma front doors - elec windows and central locking
Puma rear door, with c/l and high level brake light. I can also fit my existing table to this. And I will sell the new galv one I have in the garage waiting to be fitted.
Replacement wing top for the NS wing which is currently full of filler
Replacement steering column switches
New (to me) cubby box
Diesel heater
Overdrive unit (Roamerdrive)

Still to procure:
Heater locker
Refurb parts for the wiper mech / motor.

Mechanically it is all good, still starts and runs like a dream. Noisy though. And lots of rattles but it looks like that is as a result of some slapdash reassembly when the chassis and bulkhead were replaced. I found out yesterday that the top f the seatbox only has 4 bolts in it right now Smile

The plan is to install the overdrive first, then sort out the rattles, then the steering column switches, wiper stuff and install the heater.
The doors and side panels may need to wait as I would like to paint them before I fit them and it is a bit cold and wet for painting right now. I'll be doing a brush / roller paint job with either coach enamel or CombiColour in a satin finish.

As for the colour, I am torn between Sandglow yellow and Tangiers Orange (or similar, perhaps RAL 2004 as I did on my 90). Decisions, decisions.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #1017404 4th Dec 2023 2:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123