↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2022MY (L663) > XS 250D or P400
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Og250

I saw that about the discs / brakes. The D300 I’m sure will drive very nicely - Land Rover go up to a D350 I think on this engine on range rovers so it must be capable.

I’m hoping i will never drive anything other than the 250 so won’t know the difference!
Post #891130 13th Mar 2021 6:00pm
Og250

Also convince myself I had to go for the new XS as I wanted 7 seats and a tow bar which was bumping the price up. So as a result my engine choice was more limited compared to an SE and HSE.
Post #891134 13th Mar 2021 6:21pm
Ronin

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 ST Keswick Green
Good stuff Thumbs Up

I’m completely with you on the benefits of limited choice!

My dealer has had my order since late January, but I still don’t have a build date. It seems that changing the model, spec or engine will push my order back in the queue, but I’ve no idea how much this will affect me in real terms. With no concrete jeopardy, I continue to vacillate between the D300 and P400, with occasional flirtations with the idea of a V8…

God help me.
Post #891138 13th Mar 2021 6:39pm
Og250

Ordered D250 XS...
Order update:

Defender D250 XS
Silicon Silver
Acorn interior
7 seats
Elec towbar
Active Dif
Offroad tyres (Warngler AT)
Cold Climate Pack
11.4" screen
Active Key (I think I am right in saying the new version with the screen does not need to be charged to work - i.e. like the previous version. Otherwise will be literally checking my watch for charge to make sure I can get in the car!).

Bit of a different vibe on the colour. As the the lower trim is painted on the XS I thought the Silicon Silver would suit this best. Black was another option that would work as it would basically look like an X-Dynamic on the side being all gloss black. Acorn leather was a late change - convinced by the the all leather seats, changed from the part cloth MY21 which have had issues with staining.

Lastly, the only LR stock photo of the XS appears to show the car in Silicon Silver which looks good. I think it will be an uncommon combination but I don't really care about re-sale value now. Family car first an foremost, though we have a few acres and when it's not worth so much in a few years time, I will take it more off-road.

Click image to enlarge
Post #891759 16th Mar 2021 10:10am
Tim in Scotland

Bear in mind that the ‘Off-road” tyre from the factory is the GY Adventurer, you might want the more slightly aggressive but no noisier Duratracs if you are going to venture further off-road than a forest fire road. The Adventurers do turn into slicks pretty quickly in mud. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #891770 16th Mar 2021 10:34am
Scrumps

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Cairns Blue
Tim,

Our 90 D250 HSE has just arrived with the factory “off-road” tyres fitted.

Goodyear Wranglers!

Scrumps 90 D250 HSE Tasman Blue
24MY L461 RRS Verasine Blue
05 TD5 90 CSW Cairns Blue
1967 MGB BRG
1944 Willy’s MB OD green
1942 Willy’s MB OD green
Post #891773 16th Mar 2021 10:43am
Tim in Scotland

Mine came with Pirelli Scorpion All seasons, I tried one with Adventurers and fitted Duratracs. Maybe LR has seen so many people wanting a chunkier tyre that they have changed the spec of the tyres. I appreciate that they usually have a selection of tyre makers/ tread options in case of supplier shortages. How are you finding the Wranglers?

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #891776 16th Mar 2021 10:49am
Og250

My understanding was that the UK factory fit tyres were Goodyear Wrangler Adventure All Terrain which are a kind of off road/ on road tyre. Relatively low noise and still good on tarmac in the wet. Better in the mud than the standard fit all season Perilli Scorpion (which are good tyres as I have on my Freelander 2).

I wanted the compromise as I doubt they'll be any proper off-roading in the first few years (especially with these fancy alloys!). Could be tempted in a few years to get some 18" steels and full on chunky tyres though as a second set.
Post #891789 16th Mar 2021 11:17am
SN

I ordered standard tyres (Zeroes). And bought a set of Duratracs separately. Whether the Duratracs are swapped straight on to the existing rims, or put on a second set of rims I have not decided yet. Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #891796 16th Mar 2021 11:35am
Scrumps

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Cairns Blue
Tim,

Wranglers seem OK on road. Haven’t ventured up the lanes of Somerset yet but they compare with the BFG A/T’s on our TD5 90.

Did a run to Bristol last week for essential shopping and returned 33.4mpg by the onboard system.

They look “chunky” enough for a Defender and compliment the classic flaps too.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Scrumps 90 D250 HSE Tasman Blue
24MY L461 RRS Verasine Blue
05 TD5 90 CSW Cairns Blue
1967 MGB BRG
1944 Willy’s MB OD green
1942 Willy’s MB OD green
Post #891852 16th Mar 2021 3:00pm
Og250

Forgot to say I have the classic mudflaps too. From what I’ve seen, they finish the car off more any any other accessory (and will help protect my very expensive paint).

Glad to hear the AT work well for road duties. They appear to be a good compromise for those not climbing mountains every single day...
Post #891855 16th Mar 2021 3:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12