↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > eBay & Bargain Spots > Fox shocks 2 inch lift.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
jonny

Fronts fitted today - bit of a faff of a job to do on your own, especially getting the turret to line up when having to compress the shock and try and get a nut on.. Cable ties helped though Smile

Clearance on the bottom nut on the shock spindle is also very tight - had to cut an allen key right down to hold the spindle while doing the nut up. And don't try and do the nut up with a ratchet spanner as there's a good chance you won't be able to extricate it afterwards!
Post #891389 14th Mar 2021 5:38pm
Matt110

United Kingdom 
Sounds good. Where did you put the remote Res in the end?

Tie wraps a good plan. Will remember that one.
Post #891390 14th Mar 2021 5:45pm
jonny

The knack for the fronts is to make sure that you get the bottom washer / rubbers lined up and the nut on the bottom before you do anything else - with the turret installed the spindle sticks down too far to fit them afterwards without trying to compress the shock 'upwards'. Then I put a big cable tie round the spring perch and the turret, leaned hard on the top to compress the shock, then pull on the cable tie through the wheelarch to keep it compressed. It's a bit of a faff though, and if you could get someone else to help would probably go a lot easier!

I chopped slots on the plastic wing tops - passenger side is mounted facing forwards in the inside of the wing, fixed to the edge of the wing top. At some point I'll probably swap the bracket round to mount it under the wing top, but there's some other stuff in the way at the moment that will need relocating first.

Drivers side is mounted facing backwards under the wing top close to the brake servo, again mounted to the edge of the wing top.

Thinking about things now it's too late - I did wonder if covering the shocks with clear heatshrink might protect them from the elements better than waxoyl, but might end up trapping any moisture inside and make things worse...
Post #891392 14th Mar 2021 5:55pm
Smyles_

Denmark 2008 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Cairns Blue
Just a quick thread resurrection for those that may have purchased.

Prolinx have the official Fox shaft guards in stock despite it having been displayed as back order on their site. Got bored last night and thought I'd be as well getting myself on the list only to to be notified they'll be delivered tomorrow... whilst I'm away... Evil or Very Mad

They also appear to have updated the page now as it's saying they're in stock Rolling Eyes

Edit: Should also point out they require modification to fit the rears I believe... Stuart

Cummins 130 Build Thread
Instagram

04 110 Double Cab - Black (gone)
58 130 Double Cab HCPU - Cairns Blue
Post #907217 10th Jun 2021 11:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234