↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > MY22 V8 supercharger on the way
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 11 of 14 <123 ... 1011 121314>
Print this entire topic · 
Digger2000

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Other HT Tonga Green
I’m trying to find the post that had a screenshot of a conversation between the dealership and customer but it’s like finding a needle in a haystack on that fb group. In a nutshell the salesman said he has the order secured but regrettably no orders will be arriving this year for V8. Someone in the comments said LR’s focus is pushing through the other engine models as quickly as they possibly can but part shortages are causing major delays and it is getting worse not better.

Also just to give you an indication of how bad it is someone I know sold their 110 S defender with 6000 miles on the clock for $11,000 more than she paid for it just this morning.
Post #906930 8th Jun 2021 5:26pm
Griff90bowler

Wales 
How come nothing has been spotted yet I’m sure they must have a few built by now
Post #908378 17th Jun 2021 10:42pm
Michaels Defender

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 V8 Petrol XS CSW Auto Orkney Grey

Click image to enlarge

V8 now at the dealerships Razz JE Zulu 110 now sold
Carpathian 110 also sold
Defender 110 camper now in build
Post #910916 6th Jul 2021 7:42am
Griff90bowler

Wales 
That all seem to have the same showroom car Carpathian grey 110
Post #910921 6th Jul 2021 7:56am
J77

Scotland 
 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #910989 6th Jul 2021 1:30pm
montpellier

Nice.

My dealer has now said that my 16 th build date given is only an into factory date with a delivery to dealer Sept 10 th ! Methinks he is telling me a load of BS (he has been useless so far ) and he has moved my slot with someone else.
Post #911168 7th Jul 2021 12:31pm
YulongTD6

I think everything is a complete mess. I had a build date next month and now it’s unslotted with no update to when it will be built. What a disaster for Land Rover.
Post #911532 9th Jul 2021 2:11am
oop north

United Kingdom 
Thought somebody else might have posted this already - sorry if a duplicate:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRER9G3lR74/?utm_medium=share_sheet
Post #911579 9th Jul 2021 9:51am
Inigo

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
I saw a transporter load of them at Cobham on Sunday (blue brake calipers were the giveaway).
Post #911583 9th Jul 2021 9:59am
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
montpellier wrote:
Nice.

My dealer has now said that my 16 th build date given is only an into factory date with a delivery to dealer Sept 10 th ! Methinks he is telling me a load of BS (he has been useless so far ) and he has moved my slot with someone else.

I have a build date of the 23 July, with a delivery to dealer 3 Sept. Might not be too far off the truth
Post #911592 9th Jul 2021 10:21am
montpellier

YulongTD6 wrote:
I think everything is a complete mess. I had a build date next month and now it’s unslotted with no update to when it will be built. What a disaster for Land Rover.

Sounds great. A friend who is at GFOS and saw it on the hill said it was bonkers
Post #911801 10th Jul 2021 6:17pm
pjb

Mine has been built & is somewhere between the factory & the dealer - delivery has moved into early August now from mid July - so we will see🤞🤞 2020 P300 HSE
Post #912614 16th Jul 2021 4:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
montpellier

Pick my car up Monday, will let you know what I think. Got lucky with dealer . Be interested in the looks, as the X version has a bigger colour contrast and may look better. So few options in terms of colours for the V8 .
Post #912989 18th Jul 2021 11:37pm
pjb

Pick my car up Monday, will let you know what I think. Got lucky with dealer . Be interested in the looks, as the X version has a bigger colour contrast and may look better. So few options in terms of colours for the V8 .

Look forward to seeing a real review from an owner 👍 2020 P300 HSE
Post #913138 19th Jul 2021 8:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
montpellier

Only 100 miles so really is just first impressions, but have done town, A road and motorway.

The Defender has a very impressive mix of comfort, ride and handling is really quite excellent. Almost RR in approach . It is such an easy car to drive despite the obvious size. It is well built too, has an almost Toyota feel to how it is screwed together, and whilst no RR in luxury, it makes for a more practical car. Great for families. The interior fabrics are nice, though some more leather would have been better (like the X versions). It is all very dark and black with very little contrast. But that matches the exterior . That is very dark and moody. It looks better than the photos and the blue callipers actually look quite good. A big plus is the Pivi Pro, I find it easy to use and they have the right balance between screen and dials . Compared to a Roma or Golf Mk 8 it is so so much better. Sound system is very good too.

Only areas I have noted that are not so good, the indicator stalk is too short and hidden behind the wheel and the gear selector knob has the park button right where you rest your hand, and on a few occasions when going from reverse to D it has stayed in R . Not ideal.. I will get used to it .

The one final point is the sound. It is just not as good as I had hoped. Some of it is generated in the cabin by , I guess resonators (Ferrari 488/ BMW M5 etc) but the exhaust is just not inspiring. It is too muted . Maybe blame noise regs , but it has left me hugely disappointed, certainly does not make me smile . It is not an SVR. Indeed it is not an SVR , more like the original RRS SC . Even my Bentayga W12 makes a better job of some noise entertainment and that is known as one of the most subdued. Maybe they will do a SVR , though i doubt it . Though that engine can do a lot more as we know, so maybe that is the plan. The G63 was indicated as a target for this car, on sound alone it is miles off. The rest of the car , at the price point makes a good go of it. It maybe OK for some , but for me it has but a big damper on the car. I will find a solution, its just I had hoped I did not need to. For some it may be that the V6 version with X pack is the better choice if they don't need the extra power.

So, very very good car ( as many Defender owners know) , of the highest order. Just needs LR to sort the poor exhaust or offer a sports option.
Post #913318 20th Jul 2021 11:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 11 of 14 <123 ... 1011 121314>