↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Water spots on seats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
Leamreject

Italy 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Fuji White
Hopefully they are working on a free resolve behind the scenes.

After all they are the supplier of the whole product to the end user and will have quite a powerful relationship with the seat manufacturers to resolve this before it becomes a bigger problem.

Every manufacturer has problems, it’s how you resolve them that installs confidence and builds strong brands... Bow down

Says an owner of several Italian Motorcylces Rolling with laughter Ride like you stole it!!
If I’m not on a bike it’s because only a 4x4 will do…
2011 2.4 Puma 90 HT
Post #881410 27th Jan 2021 8:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

J77 wrote:
Standard LR response, it’s either the customers fault or suppliers fault.

Or “your not driving properly sir” this one must be “you are in an area with the wrong sort of rain and snow sir” Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 27th Jan 2021 11:01pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #881448 27th Jan 2021 10:15pm
Gareth

England 2003 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Oslo Blue
The best one ever surely was ‘but you can’t claim for that, you’ve driven it off road in mud’ when my parking brake seized up on my Disco3 😂 2021 Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE D300 MHEV
1966 S2a 109 aka Betsy
1968 S2a 88 aka Bob
2014 Jaaaag F Type 3.0 Supercharged.
Post #881452 27th Jan 2021 10:32pm
SN

^^^^ I remember that happening to you on one of the (now closed) lanes we did near Salisbury Plain - what a horrific racket the Park Brake Scream was Shocked - I genuinely stopped using my Park Brake after that for good! Embarassed Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #881455 27th Jan 2021 10:35pm
Gareth

England 2003 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Oslo Blue
The problem generally went away once people ( and dealers) learnt how to adjust them properly.

I must have a look at the EPB on the Defender. I don’t think it’s drum shoes inside the disc hub anymore. My Jag has a system where the epb turns a screw jack in the caliper piston, and compresses the pads onto the disc. Much simpler.

It’s pretty much fully automatic on the Defender. I’ve not touched the lever once yet. It comes on when I stop, goes off when I drive! 2021 Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE D300 MHEV
1966 S2a 109 aka Betsy
1968 S2a 88 aka Bob
2014 Jaaaag F Type 3.0 Supercharged.
Post #881456 27th Jan 2021 10:41pm
Tim in Scotland

Took me a while to even find the brake switch on the demo car I drove, same as the rheostat for the dash lighting - “you shouldn’t need them so we’ve hidden them away out of sight sir” Rolling with laughter
I actually used the brake switch yesterday because I started the engine and engaged reverse to make the video of the reversing cam washer and the hold function didn’t want to re-engage so had to reach down to the right if the steering wheel and then figure out push it or pull the switch to engage! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #881466 27th Jan 2021 11:04pm
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
Probably did not engage as you did not have your seat belt on.
Post #881482 28th Jan 2021 6:06am
umbertob

United States 
It's a Technical Bulletin now, at least here in North America (JLRTB02070NAS1.) I have a copy of the PDF but can't figure out a way to attach it to this message. However, it pretty much tells the dealer to use a wet vac such as a Bissell, soak the fabric with clean water first and then gently vacuum it out, let dry and return to customer. According to the TB, the fabrics manufacturer used an incorrect treatment. 2020 NAS Defender 110 HSE 5-seater / Silver / Khaki / Black Pack / Black Roof / Satin Film / Cold Pack / Off-Road Pack / Advanced OR Pack / Comfort + Convenience Pack / Sirius + HD radio / HUD / Meridian Surround
Post #881485 28th Jan 2021 7:29am
J77

Scotland 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
J77 wrote:

Or “your not driving properly sir” this one must be “you are in an area with the wrong sort of rain and snow sir”

Word for word from the LR customer care handbook Laughing 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #881487 28th Jan 2021 7:50am
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Tim in Scotland wrote:
J77 wrote:

Or “your not driving properly sir” this one must be “you are in an area with the wrong sort of rain and snow sir”

After making a (very polite) complaint about a supposedly HD side step where the ‘tough’ rubber had broken off, I was told by the supplier that it wasn’t failure of the step, but instead was my fault because I was stepping on the step too frequently and improperly. This was the side step, driver side, for driver access, on a 110. Even sent me my photo (from the email) back, outlining where I had been stepping, and saying I’d stepped in the same spot too often. Yet it would be impossible to step anywhere else and still get behind the wheel, without being a contortionist. Where else did he expect me to step? What’s more, ‘too often’ was, in reality, just once or twice a day, each day, over six months. 250-300 steps......on a HD step. Rolling Eyes Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #881496 28th Jan 2021 8:50am
deaston

United Kingdom 
[quote="Tim in Scotland"]I read today that LR claims that the manufacturer of the fabric “applied the wrong proofing compound”. Sounds like buck passing to me![/quote]

But that also sounds like they're aware of the issue and now ensure the manufacturer applies the correct proofing compound...

Do you have a link to the statement?

Last edited by deaston on 28th Jan 2021 11:00am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #881512 28th Jan 2021 10:46am
DSL

United Kingdom 
Remember this is LR you’re speaking of. Just coz they know there’s a problem doesn’t mean they’ll do anything about it. Whistle Whistle

Cynical, moi? Absatidellingtootlie. Thumbs Up
Post #881514 28th Jan 2021 10:50am
Tim in Scotland

deaston wrote:
Tim in Scotland wrote:
I read today that LR claims that the manufacturer of the fabric “applied the wrong proofing compound”. Sounds like buck passing to me!

But that also sounds like they're aware of the issue and now ensure the manufacturer applies the correct proofing compound...

Do you have a link to the statement?

Umbertob posted what I had read elsewhere, above Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #881522 28th Jan 2021 11:38am
Joe_80

I've also raised this with both dealer and JLR exec office. JLR instructed the dealer to carry out a free scotch guarding, or whatever they call it now, for me. JLR claimed to not be aware of the problem and said they would refer it to the product team.

If there is a warranty issue or refit or something, I'd be interested to find out more. I'm getting increasingly frustrated at having spent the most amount of money I have ever spent on a car that seems to have a number of 'teething problems'. Customers are not the quality check/control. 2020 Defender 110 First Edition with a couple of factory options

Previous LRs
Discovery 5 (current now Wife's car)
Evoque - Also Wife's (previous)
Freelander (previous)
3 door RR V8 (Very Previous - but got me stated! Wink )
Post #881726 29th Jan 2021 3:02pm
Tim in Scotland

Reading here and on another forum it seems to be the First Edition model that suffers most from the problem. Would be great to think that LR are so switched on to the problem that we might be offered new seat coverings that have been correctly treated (as LR specced the car to have at build) but I know LR aren’t that customer focused and would sooner continue to clean and treat seats for the rest of the car’s life.......... Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #881731 29th Jan 2021 3:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 5 <12345>