↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2021MY (L663) > Do any dealers have a 90 to see?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
deaston

United Kingdom 
Do any dealers have a 90 to see?
I live in Buckinghamshire and have been to several dealerships around here as well as a couple in London.

Apart from being constantly amazed at how incompetent and ignorant car sales staff are, I've also been unable to see a 90 anywhere.

Does anyone know of a dealership that has one? And has anyone managed to get any deals or is it just list price?
Post #873550 18th Dec 2020 9:01am
J77

Scotland 
My dealer say they won’t get any 90s until January, the 90 has just completed a tour of the dealers over the last couple of months. It will be hard to get a deal on a new 21MY but there are deals on the 20MY 110s.
Post #873555 18th Dec 2020 9:17am
deaston

United Kingdom 
How frustrating!

Milton Keynes said they had a 90 in for a day on Monday - your comment about a tour now makes me realise why they only had it for a day.

Shame LR don't publicise where they're going on their tour.
Post #873557 18th Dec 2020 9:21am
Tim in Scotland

But the tour has been running since September/October. Surprised that if you had expressed an interest to your local dealership that you weren’t invited to view it.
I think J77 was No1 on his dealers invitation list for generating over a million configurations for it in the configuator Rolling with laughter Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #873559 18th Dec 2020 9:32am
deaston

United Kingdom 
Ah - that'd be because I haven't yet given any dealers my info. I've honestly not yet found a dealership I want to give my business to.

I used to work in sales and would ensure I knew everything about the products. LR sales people seem surprised that you even ask a question.

Yesterday I stopped into a dealership on the North Circular. I was persued by a sales guy who asked if he could help, I asked if they had a 90 and he said he didn't know and would go and find out. He wondered off and I didn't see him again. After about 5 mins I just left.

Amazing!
Post #873560 18th Dec 2020 9:36am
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
Look on Drive The Deal

You can probably get a discount Price and Either buy from them - or use it at a local dealer.

Typically you get around 5%

I used them for pricing for my Def 110 and a friends Evoque

2 different dealers - both matched the DTD Price.

It is not perfect on the options - but spec one to similar price than the exact one you want - then use that discount for your starting point at the dealers.
Post #873565 18th Dec 2020 10:23am
J77

Scotland 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
I think J77 was No1 on his dealers invitation list for generating over a million configurations for it in the configuator Rolling with laughter

And that’s just for the 90, there was a few 110 and Hardtop configurations in there as well Laughing

I’m hoping that there’s a 90 demo available when I take the Velar in for it’s first MOT. Chances are though I may take delivery before I get time to try one. Salesman’s saying very early March for delivery, that’s if it’s allowed into the UK, being a Slovakian import Laughing
Post #873566 18th Dec 2020 10:40am
steve E

Wales 
Swansea is getting a 90HT in January
Post #873580 18th Dec 2020 12:10pm
ChrisDefender

United Kingdom 
Hi,

Sturgess of Leicester have quite a few in, or they did at the Preview last week. Both 90HT and SW.
Post #873614 18th Dec 2020 3:48pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
deaston wrote:
Ah - that'd be because I haven't yet given any dealers my info. I've honestly not yet found a dealership I want to give my business to.

I used to work in sales and would ensure I knew everything about the products. LR sales people seem surprised that you even ask a question.

Yesterday I stopped into a dealership on the North Circular. I was persued by a sales guy who asked if he could help, I asked if they had a 90 and he said he didn't know and would go and find out. He wondered off and I didn't see him again. After about 5 mins I just left.

Amazing!

It's nothing new and not specific to the new Def 90. I got this kind of reception at Marshalls in Cambridge 6 years ago. Like you said, I didn't bother giving them my business or hard earned money. It's this kind of arrogance which will push vehicle sales on-line thus eliminating the sales-persons salary, bonus and company car.
Post #873618 18th Dec 2020 4:44pm
deaston

United Kingdom 
Funny you say that - I ordered online this afternoon.

Essentially the LR site just took a deposit and passed my order to my local dealer, but the point is still that all the info is there online and, if anything, there wasn't a salesman trying to lie to me or sell me options I didn't want.

D90 S D300 ordered. April 2021 delivery estimate.
Post #873632 18th Dec 2020 6:14pm
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
Did you get any discount that way?
Post #873639 18th Dec 2020 6:36pm
deaston

United Kingdom 
No, but I wouldn't expect a discount for such a new car. I tried CarWow and all dealers offered exactly the same price.
Post #873726 19th Dec 2020 9:03am
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
As above - If you had used Drive the Deal they give around 5%

Mine was 4.9% off the D300.
Post #873733 19th Dec 2020 9:24am
deaston

United Kingdom 
I did look but found it a little confusing. Getting the exact spec I want was important, so I opted to go through the official channels instead.
Post #873735 19th Dec 2020 9:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>