↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2021MY (L663) > Do any dealers have a 90 to see?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
I understand - their options list is not so good... but As I pointed out - spec the price to match the LR Configurator - then either use the discount to discuss with the dealer - or click request a quote on DTD and a dealer will call you back and get your exact spec and price - but honouring the discount originally shown.
Post #873737 19th Dec 2020 11:07am
Digger2000

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Other HT Tonga Green
I know what you mean about the dealerships mine wasn’t arrogant but the salesman definitely wasn’t clued up on the defender and I’ve ended up educating him on lots of information during my build. After they took my deposit I have heard once from them and I’m finding it impossible to get a response to emails and phone calls. The car is due in at the dealership on the 25th of December Laughing but o haven’t heard from them so I’m assuming it is delayed.

As for discount I got 1%.
Post #873874 20th Dec 2020 6:22pm
Tim in Scotland

And now is a dealer in Newcastle in tier 2,3 or 4 and is it an essential business........... my car was delivered in the middle of the first lock down no problem - despite not being an essential business the dealership was open to provide back-up to essential workers and had the majority of the service and sales staff in at work but that was after Boris and Nicola had decided that if you could go back to work you should. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #873884 20th Dec 2020 7:05pm
Retroanaconda

Scotland 
That’s encouraging Tim as mine is due to the same dealer (Stirling) some time next week. The law says car dealers can stay open for collections, they just can’t have the showrooms open for browsing.
Post #873899 20th Dec 2020 8:04pm
1969UK

United Kingdom 
Re: Do any dealers have a 90 to see?
deaston wrote:
I live in Buckinghamshire and have been to several dealerships around here as well as a couple in London.

Apart from being constantly amazed at how incompetent and ignorant car sales staff are, I've also been unable to see a 90 anywhere.

Does anyone know of a dealership that has one? And has anyone managed to get any deals or is it just list price?

Expect to get, subject to spec, money off straight away with four figures off after the honeymoon period. There was money off the 110 by late October with new cars advertised with a discount on Autotrader, something JLR frowns upon but with compounds full of the car at the factory and the overflow carpet full at Upper Heyford dealers had to take on more stock and still have lots of choice on the 110.

For launch and a few weeks beyond you will experience the usual complacency from main dealers with the old “no discount, sorry” but they will soon break when targets have to be met.

They are making plenty and despite manufactured away from the UK most new orders can be fulfilled within 10 weeks.

They’re will be plenty who want to say I got the first car, as we heard the same fantasy from people who had the last Defender from the production line, but don’t rush in unless you want to pay list price.

Typically a New circa £65,000 110 That was put on the road in September is worth today early £50’s in the trade so, unlike the old low mileage examples, these are dipping money and it is expected the 90 will do the same as it is now mass produced.

Hope this helps
Post #880193 22nd Jan 2021 9:07pm
Nitroneil

Scotland 
deaston wrote:
Funny you say that - I ordered online this afternoon.

Essentially the LR site just took a deposit and passed my order to my local dealer, but the point is still that all the info is there online and, if anything, there wasn't a salesman trying to lie to me or sell me options I didn't want.

D90 S D300 ordered. April 2021 delivery estimate.

Curious, I cannot see a 90 S available as a D300 on configurator, can only see D200, D250 & P300. How did you manage to get the D300?
Thanks
Post #880525 24th Jan 2021 12:41pm
Digger2000

Stratstone Newcastle have a First Edition 90 in their showroom now looked amazing
Post #882078 30th Jan 2021 11:59pm
Tom_T

United Kingdom 
Romans international have one for sale on Autotrader with a £10K mark up 🤯
Post #882098 31st Jan 2021 9:14am
Digger2000

Yeah I seen that! Secondhand Defender X...Solihull have same spec brand new X for list price no discount, the og buyer pulled out and sales exec trying to sell it, he had it on the Facebook group a couple of weeks back for immediate sale, I seen it on Instagram on Friday asked for price and pcp figure and there was no deal to be done. I think the JLR dealerships need to get realistic with the way the economic climate is and start offering discounts.
Post #882103 31st Jan 2021 9:30am
Nitroneil

Scotland 
90 Fuji Dealer video - Italy
Hi, good video of 90s in showroom here, it is in Italian though.
 90S D250 fuji and loving it.
Post #885274 13th Feb 2021 3:56pm
DSL

United Kingdom 
Shame LR didn’t do a bit more thinking re the back seats. It would be so much better if they had fitted a flat floor with removable rear seats a la Yeti. Confused

PS Also wondering how easy it would be to remove the passenger seat so my 2.0m long Oztent would fit. Laughing Laughing
Post #885282 13th Feb 2021 4:10pm
Nitroneil

Scotland 
i am sure someone, will come up with a modified hinge to allow that to happen at some point, hey maybe the 2022MY will do that. 90S D250 fuji and loving it.
Post #885294 13th Feb 2021 4:51pm
pigsfly

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Montalcino Red
DSL wrote:
Shame LR didn’t do a bit more thinking re the back seats. It would be so much better if they had fitted a flat floor with removable rear seats a la Yeti. Confused

PS Also wondering how easy it would be to remove the passenger seat so my 2.0m long Oztent would fit. Laughing Laughing

Im going to put my oztent on the roof of the solihull Defender x Very Happy
Post #885344 13th Feb 2021 7:43pm
DSL

United Kingdom 
I’d be nervous about a long haul up to, say, Tallinn with the tent up there. It’s just a lot of stops (wees, food, sights, shopping, etc) with the tent sitting up there just a box cutter from being removed. It’s just me on these trips so no-one to keep an eye on the car. I’m used to having everything in the car under lock & key.
Post #885351 13th Feb 2021 8:07pm
pigsfly

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Montalcino Red
Im hoping I can fit the basket on the roof rails ! then I have a steel cable that locks the tent on
other than that it'll need to be a roof tent.
Post #885371 13th Feb 2021 10:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>