↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Anyone seen or sat in the front middle seat?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Chicken Drumstick

United Kingdom 
Anyone seen or sat in the front middle seat?
I checked out all the new Defenders at my local dealership. All had the large centre armrest console, bar one that just had the low down open tray.

I've not seen one with a middle front seat?

The pics on the main LR website make it look like there is no leg room. And on the vehicle I've driven the gap between the front seats seems very small, as the front seats are slightly more inboard than the rears.

Is this middle seat actually usable?

I've found the middle seat very useful in past Defender/Series models. I know it is always a little compromised, but most normal sized adults could still make use of it for short journeys.

Interested to know what peoples experiences are on the new model with this regard?
Post #852652 28th Aug 2020 4:08pm
J77

Scotland 
Seen one and you’d have to be a family of mice to fit anyone in the front comfortably.
Post #852675 28th Aug 2020 5:24pm
Bluericky

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Keswick Green
I asked the same question when at the dealer, they told me that they weren't going to be released with the middle seat for a few months . Absolutely no idea why. https://www.instagram.com/hustynminepark/
Post #852693 28th Aug 2020 6:19pm
lohr500

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
J77 wrote:
Seen one and you’d have to be a family of mice to fit anyone in the front comfortably.

So similar to the third row of seats in the 110 then?
Post #852840 29th Aug 2020 8:53am
J77

Scotland 
Pretty much.
Post #852881 29th Aug 2020 11:07am
Tim in Scotland

It is very narrow - only the width of the centre console - so I would imagine that even kiddies will be uncomfortable seated there. Only reason I see to have it is to have a plusher centre arm rest when it’s folded down. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #852919 29th Aug 2020 3:27pm
JamieJay

United Kingdom 
I've got one with the jump seat and kids love it.

Adults so far think its a little too cosy for long journeys, each of the main seat sides are slightly in front of you acting to compress an adult body on width, you also find yourself sitting slightly higher then both seats and the big compromise is your feet sit higher so not at floor level which means your knees are up. Again for a kid this is just fun stuff! You're up front with 3 in a row

But I do like the ability to throw it up quickly, get another person in for a short ride and when it's down its very comfortable and usable still.
Post #856520 17th Sep 2020 4:42pm
J77

Scotland 

Click image to enlarge
Post #856873 19th Sep 2020 12:16pm
Digger2000

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Other HT Tonga Green
I’ve ordered the first edition 90 with it as a standard spec, like you said it will definitely come in handy for short trips Thumbs Up actually I’ve always had the jump seat in my defenders for me it’s one of the cool features it offers over other 4x4’s
Post #856975 19th Sep 2020 10:40pm
J77

Scotland 
On my spec it’s a £1300 option, £800 for the seat and then they slap on another £500 for that clear sight rear view mirror. Far too pricey for what in my eyes is just a novelty. I like the idea of it but I doubt there’s anyone in my family small enough to sit in it.
Post #856976 19th Sep 2020 10:58pm
Tim in Scotland

Was in the local dealer showroom this morning and they had a Pangea Green S with Ebony interior and the jump seat fitted. Apologies for the poor pictures but they lock their cars to stop people climbing through them as part of their C-19 precautions
and I couldn’t be bothered to ask them to open it just for photos, the is also sold to a customer
Apologies for the rotated iPhone photos

Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #857843 24th Sep 2020 11:36am
Bluericky

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Keswick Green
Is there a video anywhere showing it being raised and lowered ? I’d be interested to see as it’s definitely something I will be adding due a) the novelty and b) having 3 small kids !
Just going to wait another few months for a few of the gremlins to be ironed out ! https://www.instagram.com/hustynminepark/
Post #857864 24th Sep 2020 2:01pm
J77

Scotland 
90 with jump seat

Click image to enlarge
Post #858366 27th Sep 2020 10:17am
Sepp

Germany 
Hello, I'm Sepp from Germany and I'm new to the board. Looking forward to share the New Defender Experience with you.

I have the jump seat fitted on a 110. It's ok for children up to about the age of 10 even for longer trips. However, a bit cosy with driver and passenger at both sides. Just like the middle rear seat is.

No video on folding/unfolding. But it comes absolutely easy. For unfolding just grap the squab and pull upwards until locked in upright position, no extra unlocking necessary to do so. For unfolding, there is a small strap to be pulled to unlock upright position and then push squab downwards. Strap is located at the small gap between seat and squab.

That's it, easy.

The jump seat always come with the clear sight rear view mirror. Fully load your Defender up to the roof an still have rear sight. I like this one a lot.

Greets
Post #859868 5th Oct 2020 9:04am
J77

Scotland 
Welcome Sepp!

I think I might add it to my build, even if I never use it as a seat, I can put my work bag on it.
Post #859942 5th Oct 2020 5:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>