Home > Off Topic > Web traffic and online used car reservations rocket for JLR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Web traffic and online used car reservations rocket for JLR
Still spinning hard... Rolling Eyes

"Web traffic to Jaguar Land Rover’s website and customer reservations for used cars rocketed during lockdown, the British brand has reported.

Jaguar Land Rover’s website clocked up more than 1,500 reservations for approved used cars during lockdown, while web traffic was up by 247 per cent for Jaguar and 244 per cent for Land Rover, compared to the same period last year.

‘At the beginning of lockdown things were quiet,’ Rawdon Glover, Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) UK MD, said in a webinar this week, ‘but now the number of people engaging with us online is significantly ahead.

‘This is a clear indication customer buying habits are changing.’

Glover praised the firm’s retailer network for embracing the vast array of government guidance needed in order to reopen in June – from analysing the ‘flow’ of customers moving around showrooms to offering contactless services and virtual handovers.

And while JLR rolled out its end-to-end online new car buying service, Glover said he expects ‘most customers will do a blend of visiting physical retailers and transacting online’.

New car enquiries for Jaguars are back to pre-Covid-19 levels but have jumped by 122 per cent for Land Rovers.

Meanwhile, enquiries for used cars were up too – 136 per cent for Jaguar and again 122 per cent for Land Rover.

June registrations slumped by 42 per cent for Jaguar to 1,712 cars while Land Rover faired better with a 27 per cent drop to 4,691 cars registered.

Glover added: ‘Despite a decline in sales for the whole market, Jaguar Land Rover continues to out perform our competition. With the new Land Rover Defender, the plug-in hybrid Discover Sport and Range Rover Evoque and the new Jaguar F-Type, we are in the best possible shape.’"

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/we...own/198678
Post #846641 28th Jul 2020 12:58pm
Tim in Scotland

Those cars will be all the stock being parked on dealers forecourts then? Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #846654 28th Jul 2020 1:48pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Marketing 101.

Keep saying it until someone believes ......

On another note, just read that Mitsubishi will be pulling out of Europe so where will the Outlander clan go for a new estate car suv thingy......
Post #846658 28th Jul 2020 1:58pm
Bluericky

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Keswick Green
My local dealer called to ask if I’d like to drive the new defender , I said yes but not for Just an hour , I’d prefer it if I can test drive it for 24hrs . Her response was, we don’t really do that As we only have one demo but as you’re a valued customer yes you can, we’re very busy with test drives though , when would you like it ?
I replied, this week please and she said , sure, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday ?

Really busy then

I then asked if they had any in stock ready to go, she said, “well we do and we don’t” .... !

So In other words yes they have loads but we want it to sound like we don’t !

Anyhow looking forward to it as may be replacing the wife’s disco 5 https://www.instagram.com/hustynminepark/
Post #846661 28th Jul 2020 2:17pm
Tim in Scotland

I don’t understand this reluctance of JLR dealers to do longer test drives, when I test drove the Countryman PHEV it was on a 48 hours loan and the branch had to get the demo car from another of their outlets. When I went to collect the loaner they said I could have it for up to 96 hours if I wanted but if somebody else wanted a test drive then I would be contacted - had 72 hours test drive which was enough to sell the car to me. I was offered 15 minutes maximum in the Defender but it was when Scotland was still fully locked down and if I went longer the car (the dealership’s only demo) it would then have to be quarantined for 72 hours as well as have a deep clean - 15 minutes was more than enough to make my mind up that the D200 was not the best engine for the car, in fact I would advise folks to avoid it if you get any pleasure out of driving, it’s barely adequate, the D240 is brilliant though so I wonder how long before BAS is offering remaps to D200 owners? Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #846662 28th Jul 2020 2:32pm
Bluericky

It does seem ludicrous to me to purchase a car for £50k without being able to test drive it properly , I appreciate their concerns re time wasters but surely not those with a previous purchase history .
Apparently the one I’m test driving will be sale at the end of the month , I wonder what discount there’ll be on 3k miles ? https://www.instagram.com/hustynminepark/
Post #846664 28th Jul 2020 2:52pm
Supacat

From their website:

"From 7th – 30th August, experience New Defender on your local roads with a unique 3-hour, unaccompanied test drive."

Not sure what they understand the word unique to mean. Confused

Bluericky ~ can you post up the final digits of the VIN. Just curious to know volume numbers off the production line.
Post #846678 28th Jul 2020 4:22pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Don’t forget to include open and multi level car parks.

I took my wife’s Velar to the larger car park in Godalming once, took three attempts to find a space that I could park in and actually get out of the car due to the width (and a Fiat 500 handily parked to one side).

The tests drives in Guildford were always a joke, drive out of dealership into slow moving traffic, wait at traffic lights, drive slowly and all the way round a round a bout, drive slowly to the A3. 70 miles an hour to the next junction, salesman swaps to the passenger seat, repeat drive back.

May as well buy a house on line now..... Whistle
Post #846682 28th Jul 2020 4:34pm
Intercept

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 Black LE Java Black
Tim in Scotland wrote:
I don’t understand this reluctance of JLR dealers to do longer test drives

Indeed. My local Mercedes dealership called the other day to offer me any one of their cars* I fancied for a 48 hour test drive. So I'll be booking some nice weather and an SL to take the wife out for some R&R fairly soon. I've got no intention of buying a new one but an SL500 from 95/96 is certainly on my list...

https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/passengerc...odule.html

*excluding S-Class, Mercedes-Maybach, G-Class, Mercedes-AMG and EQC models
Post #846690 28th Jul 2020 5:04pm
Bluericky

Sure where’s the Vin on a Def2 ?
Hopefully it’s got a tow bar fitted as I’d like to see how well it pulls . Pretty good I’d imagine . https://www.instagram.com/hustynminepark/
Post #846697 28th Jul 2020 5:22pm
Supacat

One of the current owners can confirm, but it should be visible through the windscreen on lower edge at the back of the dashboard.
Post #846719 28th Jul 2020 6:40pm
Bluericky

Ah , there’s that “nod” to the past Jerry was referring to ! https://www.instagram.com/hustynminepark/
Post #846720 28th Jul 2020 6:41pm
Tim in Scotland

Supacat wrote:
One of the current owners can confirm, but it should be visible through the windscreen on lower edge at the back of the dashboard.

The Visible VIN window is bottom left corner of the windscreen just below the wiper blade on the passenger side.
No3 and No5 labels on this diagram

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #846729 28th Jul 2020 7:01pm
J77

Scotland 
markb110 wrote:
Don’t forget to include open and multi level car parks.

I took my wife’s Velar to the larger car park in Godalming once, took three attempts to find a space that I could park in and actually get out of the car due to the width (and a Fiat 500 handily parked to one side).

The tests drives in Guildford were always a joke, drive out of dealership into slow moving traffic, wait at traffic lights, drive slowly and all the way round a round a bout, drive slowly to the A3. 70 miles an hour to the next junction, salesman swaps to the passenger seat, repeat drive back.

May as well buy a house on line now..... Whistle

Must be bigger spaces up this part of the world, never had an issue with my Velar. The Velar is narrower than most modern LRs

According to my salesman he says he just as busy as before, let’s see if they offer more for my Velar seeing as used cars are in demand.
Post #846733 28th Jul 2020 7:08pm
Tim in Scotland

I would say if the demo is a D200 then test it in town, the pull away from traffic lights is a bit too lethargic for many and I think it will struggle with towing. I know 40 horses doesn’t sound a lot more but in this application it seems to make a big difference. The D200 also sounds a bit laboured compared to the D240. I’m finding that the D240’s mpg is better than I expected but, and it’s a big but, I don’t do any inner city stop start commuting driving so don’t know what the mpg in commuter / crowded roads is like. I drive mostly fast country A roads with a monthly motorway run of 35 miles each way.
I’ve only refuelled twice in 6 weeks. On a nice gentle slight downhill at the weekend I managed to get the trip computer up to 96mpg off-road over a 2 mile stretch in low box- doubt I’ll be seeing that again for a long time but it will help make this tankful’s Fuelly average look good! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #846736 28th Jul 2020 7:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>