↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Web traffic and online used car reservations rocket for JLR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
J77 wrote:

According to my salesman he says he just as busy as before, let’s see if they offer more for my Velar seeing as used cars are in demand.

You can quote Rawdon Glover's figures to him, I wonder if he will know who he is?
Post #846803 29th Jul 2020 7:30am
J77

Scotland 
I’m good friends with him so he has no reason to lie and I’ve no reason to doubt him.

When he says busy it could just be enquiries, not necessarily sales.
Post #846915 29th Jul 2020 7:17pm
Supacat

Sorry ~ I wasn't implying he was. New car enquiries up 122% for LR is a huge additional workload in anyone's books. Clearly more people are looking at the brand than before and maybe backs up some of the general reporting that suggests there's a cohort of people who are doing better than normal, financially, due to CV19 and looking at vehicles normally considered out of their bracket.
Post #846955 30th Jul 2020 5:30am
J77

Scotland 
Thumbs Up

What I have noticed from looking at my dealers website, it seems to be the lower end Defenders that are selling.

Also new Defender has now appeared on the used website.
Post #846984 30th Jul 2020 8:32am
Tim in Scotland

I suspect dealers are putting their demos up as used cars so they can have 70 plates on their demos on Sept 1....... the local BMW has more 69 plate cars on their forecourt than I have ever seen before, maybe they are “returned unwanted” PCP cars in the current climate but I doubt it. Mega pre-reg’ing is going on so folks think that they are getting a nice discount. The local Renault dealership cannot get enough Renault Zoe’s according to a neighbour who has just chopped in a 3 year old company car BMW X5 4.0 for a Zoe now he is retiring and having to buy and run his own car! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #846985 30th Jul 2020 8:37am
Bluericky

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Keswick Green
That makes sense . Yesterday I was offered the demo defender that I had for the day . It was a first edition with the adventure pack (or whatever it’s called) for £58k at the end of August .
That silly little box on the side popped open whilst going 70mph on the A30 and I had to drive for a further 3 miles until I could pull over to lock it . The mechanism is very cheap and tacky , it also blocks the view out of your right wing mirror !
It was a lovely driver though and had considerably more character than I thought it would . Took it out on the farm to check the water systems and livestock .
Will definitely think about replacing the wife’s disco 5 in due course but my defender is staying put !

Does anyone know when more colours will be available? I quite fancy a dark blue or racing green with body coloured bumpers, rather than silver .

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 https://www.instagram.com/hustynminepark/
Post #847012 30th Jul 2020 10:10am
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Hi Blue

Did you borrow that Defender from Carrs by chance?

If so it probably still has my butt print in the drivers seat from last week, not a test drive, just a look around as they had all colours apart from white on the day.

Thumbs Up

PS I’m COVID free..... Whistle
Post #847051 30th Jul 2020 1:07pm
Bluericky

Ha ha , yes I did !
They had a lot of choice if you're after a new defender https://www.instagram.com/hustynminepark/
Post #847052 30th Jul 2020 1:09pm
J77

Scotland 
Dark Green isn’t happening mores the pity but portofino blue is apparently being added for the 21MY.
Post #847066 30th Jul 2020 2:42pm
Supacat

You got the VIN right?
Post #847241 31st Jul 2020 12:58pm
Bluericky

Supacat , I confess I didn’t !
I was having too much fun and completely forgot to look , only remembered after I gave it to my wife to drive back to the dealership !
Sorry 😐 https://www.instagram.com/hustynminepark/
Post #847269 31st Jul 2020 3:20pm
Tim in Scotland

£58k at the end of August when it has a couple of thousand miles on it and several farmers trialing it off road - they are asking quite a lot for it A Basic FE with Adventure pack and no other options is £62500, First Ed with no options £58990 approx. With forecourts awash with them you would think the dealer might try a bit harder to catch a sale of a used car on last years reg plate........it’s not like a zero miler unregistered one is hard to find on any JLR dealer forecourt at the moment. Yesterday I was visiting my dealers and counted 12 on the forecourt/ in the showroom and another 2 on the transporter delivering new cars - only one was registered which I assumed was the demo car. That one doesn’t have the deployable tow bar/ towing pack either. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 31st Jul 2020 4:51pm. Edited 2 times in total
Post #847288 31st Jul 2020 4:35pm
Supacat

Bluericky wrote:
Supacat , I confess I didn’t !
I was having too much fun and completely forgot to look , only remembered after I gave it to my wife to drive back to the dealership !
Sorry 😐

Hey no worries ~ I'll just mark your card as "flakey" Thumbs Up
Post #847291 31st Jul 2020 4:47pm
Supacat

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Yesterday I was visiting my dealers

Are you registering them as being in your social bubble? Whistle
Post #847292 31st Jul 2020 4:51pm
Tim in Scotland

A few more visits to them and I’ll be taking up residence! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #847295 31st Jul 2020 5:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12