United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
A different beach, a different day:

Click image to enlarge

https://www.burnham-on-sea.com/news/video-...overed-it/

But a nice recovery vehicle:
Post #848531 7th Aug 2020 11:43am
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
I think we can safely conclude that whatever natural resources the earth will run out of, it will never run out of morons.

Nice to see a modern vehicle being recovered by a Scammell which by now must be around 80 years old. I wonder how many vehicles manufactured this year will still be working for a living and earning money commercially at 80 years of age.
Post #848538 7th Aug 2020 12:08pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Who needs JATE rings hey?
Post #848539 7th Aug 2020 12:13pm
Bian Considine

United Kingdom 
Pity we did not see more of the Scammel (or hear it's engine). Bet the old girl needed no effort at all.
Post #848543 7th Aug 2020 12:38pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
If anyone does pop down to Brean , I can recommend Brean Down Fort at the end of the headland that you can see in the video.

It’s a bit of a walk but worth it for day out.. Thumbs Up
Post #848547 7th Aug 2020 1:00pm
Tim in Scotland

It’s not just at sandy beaches on the coast you find these numpties, I’ve been called out by the local park rangers on the east side of Loch Lomond which is non-tidal, freshwater, to assist get bogged down cars with boats that are way too heavy for their front wheel drive cars, mainly sporty Audi A4’s. They don’t understand that the pebbles on the beach get slime/ algae on them and when they try to recover a boat by hitching it on way out in the water they lift the front wheels slightly and in the water on slime they loose traction but none of them has the intelligence to carry a long rope to attach between tow hitch and trailer to keep the angle low and the cars front wheels on the dry stones........ I’ve never had to winch a boat out as all I‘ve done is throw them my 8m recovery strop and tell them to use the shackle on each end to the boat and tow hitch, worked every time. Some of these folks seem to think that the more revs they pile on the sooner they’ll get out... I ended up telling the rangers to buy a £25 strop and a couple of decent sized shackles but they weren’t allowed to as they had had no special car recovery training! It got so bad I stopped responding in the end as you rarely got any thanks from the rescued or even a contribution to the fuel cost of a 22 miles round trip to solve a problem of their own making. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #848555 7th Aug 2020 3:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234