↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Defender 2020 90 Postponed? Cancelled?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

I think Dynamic is the new name for Black Pack. Both my Evoques were Dynamic Plus Lux models from 2011MY and 2015MY so not only had the trick suspension but also the superb Recaro Sports seats, best seats I’ve ever had in a car, even the Volvo seats I had in a 480ES weren’t as comfy. They looked uncomfortable but they were anything but. Then LR started to fit some look-a-like ones to Defender and F Type Jaguar and they were awful, they were quite uncomfortable and the dealer advised me when I was specking a run out Defender not to go for them after having had the real deal ones in the Evoques. Mind the Evoques optional ones were £3000 extra......... Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #845682 24th Jul 2020 11:41am
walfy

walfy wrote:
An interesting post on 1 of the FB groups yesterday about the specs of MY21. Seems they're cutting a few items that were standard on first release and now making them options, the poster on FB had a screen grab of some dealer info but I'm not sure he should of been given sight oof it let alone a copy.
Suround cameras will be an option
Wading indicator thingy Option
Some of the pack are being split down
There were a few others but I can't remember and don't want to speculate.
But on the good side, there are new colours coming, another Blue and another grey there was another but again I can't remember.

I'll try and find the post again but I think it's been removed.

Couldn't find it so asked and luckily someone saved a copy of it. So here it is

Click image to enlarge
 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #845686 24th Jul 2020 11:56am
Tim in Scotland

No additional option to have a glass roof on a 90 Big Cry
So now’s the time to bag a dealer stock 110 with launch configuration rather than wait for a factory order delivery or taking dealer stock after the factory summer break ends.
Shame that induction phone charging isn’t made standard across the full range though.

Also just heard on the radio that 90% of new cars sold in June were sold on Lease or PCP. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #845698 24th Jul 2020 12:47pm
J77

Scotland 
At least I can get the meridian sound system without paying for premium lighting.
Post #845705 24th Jul 2020 1:26pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Tim in Scotland wrote:

Also just heard on the radio that 90% of new cars sold in June were sold on Lease or PCP.

That's quite a scary thought, considering the fragility of the jobs market in the present economic climate Shocked
Post #845706 24th Jul 2020 1:28pm
J77

Scotland 
Portofino Blue with White roof and steels maybe a nice combination.
Post #845707 24th Jul 2020 1:29pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Coil suspension for the 110 ~ that's new isn't it? Shocked
Post #845709 24th Jul 2020 1:46pm
J77

Scotland 
Yeah that’s new, they always said it would come eventually. It’s standard fit on the commercial so will it be standard fit on the passenger version and make air optional?
Post #845713 24th Jul 2020 2:24pm
goodtimes

United States 
Supacat wrote:
Isn't there an official JLR North America website with a full dealer search function?

179 or 200 doesn't sound like much inventory to go around the full dealer network. Do you know how many there are?

If demand is outpacing supply, rather than dealers cutting inventory because demand is lower, then I'd expect the discounts previously shown to be removed. Is that happening?

Have a look here:

216 currently available ~ I wouldn't use your logic to suggest the complete opposite of your conclusion ~ but would you?

And then a 2nd search, with the same search filters, brings up more:

Are people handing them back?

I read elsewhere there are ~222 dealerships in the US. I was just quoting a trend I was noticing from a consistent source, so it was meant to be an apples to apples comparison - and my conclusion was the float is going down not that sales were high - both demand and supply could be low. I'll also volunteer that there are much fewer online with photos of the actual vehicle on the lot (probably 60-70), which in my mind are the vehicles that were ordered on spec by the dealer or were turned down by a customer and remain unsold, so the dealer has gone to the effort of taking photos and posting them to advertise the vehicle. The remainder are just computerized images or pictures of their dealership, which tells me it is more likely a vehicle en route. I do not think that vehicles ordered specifically by customers are uploaded because (a) my Defender SE that has been built and is currently en route to the US is not online and (b) you haven't seen ANY Defender X models online BUT each US dealership received one X allocation initially and those were delivered to customers already.

It looks like the Land Rover website is showing an opposite trend (inventory increasing), which is what it is, so appreciate you sharing.

Where are the discounts in the US you referenced?
Post #845721 24th Jul 2020 3:35pm
Tim in Scotland

I suspect that if you order a 7 seater version you will have no option but to have the air suspension as it’s needed for the auto self levelling for the headlights. I’m sure a lot of people would be relieved not to have the extra weight/ complication of the air springs but then you also loose out with the Terrain Response functions too - no Rock Crawl or Sand modes IIRC when you have coils - like DiscoSport and Evoque. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 24th Jul 2020 4:12pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #845726 24th Jul 2020 4:03pm
Tim in Scotland

Quote:
"Rashers"That's quite a scary thought, considering the fragility of the jobs market in the present economic climate Shocked

It is but they also had the editor of What Cat? Mag on and he reckoned that you could get a new Kia Exceed for £1000 down and £100 a month......... he didn’t say what the APR or the mileage limit to get that deal was. Last time I looked LR was doing 5.9% and 8000 miles on their Black Horse PCP, but they have never been competitive on their finance rates. The reason that Kia has to offer that sort of deal is because they need to sell all the cars that they committed to bringing into the UK before they start importing the next MY. They also mentioned at one point (but didn’t say which marques) that some pre-reg cars are as much as 50% off list........... they also mentioned that there are some really good deals on pre-reg BEV’s too - manufacturers are desperate to shift metal. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #845727 24th Jul 2020 4:09pm
J77

Scotland 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
I suspect that if you order a 7 seater version you will have no option but to have the air suspension as it’s needed for the auto self levelling for the headlights. I’m sure a lot of people would be relieved not to have the extra weight/ complication of the air springs but then you also loose out with the Terrain Response functions too - no Rock Crawl or Sand modes IIRC when you have coils - like DiscoSport and Evoque.

It’s just rock crawl and the new wade setting that’s lost, my Fl2s, DS and Velar all still had sand mode. I’ve added air suspension to my spec but not sure it’s worth £2k but if they change it and do away with adaptive dynamics then that saves a chunk of cash.
Post #845736 24th Jul 2020 4:44pm
Supacat

goodtimes wrote:

It looks like the Land Rover website is showing an opposite trend (inventory increasing), which is what it is, so appreciate you sharing.

Or supply is outpacing demand and the float is increasing , in the US at least.

goodtimes wrote:

Have a search on here for "msrp" by Zed.
Post #845748 24th Jul 2020 5:56pm
Supacat

Tim in Scotland wrote:
It is but they also had the editor of What Cat? Mag

Exclusive reviews of Jaguars and maybe old Pumas?
Post #845751 24th Jul 2020 6:01pm
goodtimes

United States 
Supacat wrote:
goodtimes wrote:

Or supply is outpacing demand and the float is increasing , in the US at least.

goodtimes wrote:

Have a search on here for "msrp" by Zed.

Thanks I went back and read the thread. So if there were 191 in the NY area and 57 in the LA area (248 in two cities alone) a week ago, can't I extrapolate that there were more on the LRUSA site a week ago than there are at present (315)? I think that's a safe bet.

Also - I went to the dealership zed provided a link to, and they have two First Editions and one SE all with asking prices at MSRP. So unless the actual dealers are offering deals over the phone, it looks like they are at MSRP and not below, the former of which how could I verify?
Post #845759 24th Jul 2020 6:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>